F.N.G has question?

Buckhunter1

Hello everybody,been reading the posts on MM for along time now so I figured it was finally time to join!Had to quit Huntin Fool due to less money this year, not to mention I get a little tired of all the sheep stories.I would like to ask everybodys opinion on a stradegy for future hunts.Ive played the points game for 16 years now and have enjoyed a few awesome hunts, but Im tired of waiting so long in between.My latest thought is to pick a unit Ican draw every few years and learn it!I guess this could have its problems as well, like land use issues,crowds,winter kills etc. etc.What do you all think? I currently have 4 non-resi deer points and am considering units 62,70 or 71 any season.Remember Im new at the posting game so be gentle! Thanks Greg

With that many points, I'm sure you can draw a better area. Have you checked the CO. draw odds on this site? If I'm not mistaken you can draw those tags with only 2 points for the 3rd season. Go to Check Your Draw Odds at the top of the page and then click on the state of CO. You can check all of the draw odds and get a better idea of where you sit with what hunts you can draw. Good luck!!

Steve

Wiszard, thanx for the advice but I think Im reverting back to my old self.Im going to hold out a little while longer and hunt unit 61 again. I was there 5 years ago and it was worth the wait! My youngest son has only two points so we might hunt the units I mentioned before. Thanx agein, the hunt odds realy helped out. BH1

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom