Fall Big game hunting

maddog58

For those of you who might have a little insight, what do you think the odds are Wy shuts down NR big game hunting in the fall ? Just curious on thoughts

Who knows? They might not close it down but maybe the 14 day quarantine will be extended out. Get there 14 days before the season, serve your quarantine, and then get out and hunt your tag!

Horniac

Govs orders, after entering Wyo from another State, you must quarantine for 14 days. Then you can go do whatever, it was that brought you to Wyo. Applies to both res and NR.

I know that I will be waiting until May 31st to apply. Just to see where things are. If the 14-day quarantine looks like it will go longer I will just be getting points this year.

Its not explicitly spelled out in the directive. Yes, the intent is that you don't interact with people. Its intentionally vague. The purpose is to keep people from entering the state for other states. It has served its purpose and it is time for it to go away. Its set to expire on April 30. I doubt that will change.

I just wonder how many people believe it might get cancelled vs. Those just trying to push a few guys over the edge. The only thing that spreads faster than a virus is the panic from a few tin foil wearing guys or those trying to profit from the panic

Its not explicitly spelled out in the directive. Yes, the intent is that you don't interact with people. Its intentionally vague. The purpose is to keep people from entering the state for other states. It has served its purpose and it is time for it to go away. Its set to expire on April 30. I doubt that will change.
From what I'm hearing, there is much debate going on about moving the April 30th date back into May. It's 50/50 if you ask me.

If they have to cancel hunting in the fall, we will have bigger things to worry about. We should be back in business within a month or so. But I guess that there could be a second wave that changes things.

Does BHA support restricting NR from hunting WY during the crisis or is that just Buzz’ position?

If they have to cancel hunting in the fall, we will have bigger things to worry about. We should be back in business within a month or so. But I guess that there could be a second wave that changes things.

The problem is they have already cancelled hunting seasons, for example spring bear. So I don't think we can say that we will have bigger problems if they cancel The Fall season. They have shown they will cancel the spring season when things aren't that bad

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom