Favorite ATL

YELUM

Long Time Member
I was going through my pics, and I really like this one. Pick ONE of your favs and post it.

Yelum
895favatl.jpg

This is definitely my favorite ATL. The horn is just a dink, year old 3 point but that day with my boys was great! We glassed up this shed from around 1500 yards and worked our way over to it. We found several sheds near this one and I kept trying to take ATL shots but they just couldn't countain their excitement and kept running in to pick op the horns before I could get a picture. They are about to pluck this one up as I snapped this shot. Great memories!

7158ebay_010.jpg

Great pic. Seeing the joy in their faces must have been incredibly satisfying.
Thanks for sharing.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON May-25-11 AT 12:31PM (MST)[p]this is by far my favorite. and its this years. laying right next to a waterfall.
DSCN0257.jpg

heres just another one i like.
DSCN0323.jpg

sheds
deer-200
sets-16.5
elk-29
sets-7.5

Now that's a nice antler. Freaking nice mass and character. Did you find the other side???

TRH

Nice pics guys! Here are a few of my favorites from this year.
This first pic look familiar to ya Larry? Too bad they were poached the day after we found them :(

2224ai_3x4..jpg

April-01_1120.jpg

March-04_1858.jpg

downsized_picture0006.jpg

here is my favorite as they lay and favorite set. one is bent at the base so his pedistal must of been bent foreward causing his antler to grow straight up and the other antler had a bullet hole at the his base. this bull must of had a good life story. and i know a guy who has his previous year sheds.

AT first first i thought his antler grew straight back but later found out his pedistal was bent foreward. and if look hard in the last picture on the right antler you can see where the bullet struck him. each horn weighs a little over 12.5 pounds
redone.png

100_1202.jpg

100_1203.jpg

Heres one of mine from this year, I always get so excited when i find a big one that i hurry and pick it up... OOOPS! Find the horn Goose!
8671100_1765.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-25-11 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]twenty foot deep drift!!!!! this is fron this year date is wrong sorry. lol
5047shed_hunting_004.jpg

This will always be my favorite because of the saga behind it. I reluctantly parted with it, because it will probably be the biggest shed I'll ever find. But hundreds of people have enjoyed seeing it mounted on the RMEF elk tour as a "Nevada Sheds 415 gross bull"!
129my_biggest_ever-atl.jpg

Love this pic! With the fog, the mushy snow and the water dripping off the horns, I can almost feel how miserable it is to be walking out in that weather and then you come across a sweet set clattered together and it's all worth it.
Is this the 190" set from your other post?

bonepicker it is the same set and yes it was terrbile weather that day. snow and rain mix and fog.I felt like cougar bait.

. . . I guess "as it lay" photos are like Lay's potato chips, "betcha can't eat just one!" . . . Here's one I thought worthy of my 1000th post . . . Not a big set, but a great day in some fine country . . .

9449maypic.jpg

So many from over the years that I never carried a camera until the last few years. Wish I would have had ATL pics of some of those from the past.

This was an AIS - As is Sticks.

4119dsc02019.jpg

5046dsc02021.jpg

Nice pics guys!

@ BearCat - Did you climb the tree for that one in the bird or just let it "lie" or should I say "hang" up there? That's gotta be one of my favorite atl's I've seen.

Bearcats an old man and would not risk a bad fall for an old shed like that. Too many easy browns laying around for a much easier pick up. :)

Yelum

this is absolutely one of my favorite ATL's i took all year. Have some other awesome ones, but this one rocks.

6875oldatl.jpg

Come on Larry you know I never leave a horn behind!!!

Shedstalker I did leave it. It was about 20 yards up in an Aspen tree. We had pulled over in this ONLY patch of trees to have lunch and as we were eating, I noticed all these pretty song bird feathers on the ground. I wanted to pick up a few for my daughter and when I went over, I could see that something had eaten this little bird and I looked up...I kept looking like trying to get my eyes to focus on what I was seeing...I yelled over to my dad that I had found a shed.

There is no way anyone could have put that up there without a 20 ft extension ladder and where we were at that would have been difficult to haul up there.

I am going to go back up and see if the nest is still there this year.

For sure one of the unique places.

B

BCBOY i want to see some of your moose pictures! i know you posted them years ago. Maybe you could make a new post with a few of your atl and also just piles of Moose sheds. Nothing like findign a giant paddle and carrying that bugger out! Find the horn Goose!

I don't think I have too many of those old ones on my current drive, but here's a few recent ones.
Found this big paddle this spring. My buddy found the match fresh last year. Too bad he didn't find this one still brown. This is an unreal bull for a Southern BC Canada. 60 inches wide and would score pretty darn near 200.
P5010054.jpg

P5010058.jpg

P5010064.jpg

Here is the brown side from last year.
MoosePaddle007a.jpg

MoosePaddle010a.jpg

Here are some ATL's from the last couple years.
P4100009a.jpg

P4100003a.jpg

P4170027a.jpg

April22010031a.jpg

April22010033a-1.jpg

April22010038a.jpg

April22010040a.jpg

April22010036a.jpg

While this isn't an ATL pic, it is a classic pic from several years ago. This was my buddy's moose pile before he sold them.
PileOBull.jpg

Here's something that was a once in a lifetime find, a southern Mountain Caribou that had been killed by a grizz. My buddy and I jumped the big grizz off the kill. The kill scene was several hundred yards long with the stress causing the bull to shed. This isn't the actual ATL as one shed was about 50 yards from the carcus. I layed it on top of the other before the pic was taken. Mountain caribou are extremely rare in this area and are actually on the verge of extinction. The kill was reported to the Ministry of Environment and I met ministry officials at the site the next day.
2007d049.jpg

Nov8a002a.jpg

Here is a chalky ATL mountain caribou shed I found a couple summers ago in the alpine.
July27119a.jpg

July27118a.jpg

July27122a.jpg

That is insane. I'm thinking he could buy a few new sleds from the sell. Or a new truck.

Yelum

He just wanted them out of his house. I know he didn't get a hell of a lot for them. He did make the antler buyer come to his house and pack them out so he didn't have to do it. :)

Here are a couple ATL lion kills I found within a few hundred yards of each other this winter. Too bad Wolves had stole the elk kill the night before or else I would have had that big ol' tom treed that morning.
P1070113.jpg

P1070118.jpg

P1070120.jpg

P3270175.jpg

P3270176.jpg

This is my favorite ATL pic because of the amount of time I spent trying to find that specific antler. I put close to 30 hours on my boots trying to find it. I now have the last 3 years of sheds off this buck.

9607sergios_pics_3022.jpg

9478sergios_pics_3055.jpg

This is a pretty cool deer ATL. I like the stark white shed against the backdrop.
antlersswarovskis055.jpg

This is my largest and best ATL pic of an elk.
2104.jpg

2119.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom