favorite greasy spoon cafe

beavis14

curious where you folks like to eat when your out hunting. i am a big fan of ernies in graingeville. it burned down but hopefully it will be back if it's not allready.

The hamburger joint in Fairfield... can't remember the name but some sweet shakes!

Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

>The hamburger joint in Fairfield... can't
>remember the name but some
>sweet shakes!
>

It is called the Wrangler. It is my #2 pick since they have great milk shakes. Ron

Which ever fast food hole in the wall place I can find when I come out of the mountains. Most of the time I'm coming through McCall so it ends up being My Fathers place. The only thing I can think about after a week or so of high mountain meals is a Big ole burger.

>For the best burgers around I
>always stop at the Back
>Eddy Grill in Riggins.

+1. depending on where im hunting... the good old cafe in new meadows is a sure thing located next door to the post office. breakfast there is amazing. featherville the small pizza joint next to the bar. order the featherville stomper its AWESOME and it is SPICY

+1 on the Old Sawmill in Clayton. There is nothing like a good greasy burger after 4 days of dehydrated meals. Look forward to it every scouting trip and after every hunt.

the deer creek lodge puts on a great lunch. had a bacon cheeseburger and fries and i could barely eat it all. and i can eat a lot. it was good. this is at anderson ranch res.

The Triangle just before Sweet in Emmett.. Great food!!!!

LIVE TO HUNT, LOVE TO FISH!!

Bud's Drive In in St. Maries. The Double Hunger Buster has four 1/3 pound patties with cheese, bacon, and ham. This picture shows it on a standard sized dinner plate. They use an oversized bun, it is bigger than anything I have ever seen before. Totally awesome!

DoubleHungerBuster.jpg

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Trudey's in Idaho City! Trudey actually made a huckleberry cheesecake cake for my friends wedding. Awesome food!

The Hub in Kamiah has a burger called "the cub"........it's a monster similar to the one pictured above.

Unfortuneately my favorite greasy spoon joint is no longer around. It had nothing to do with hunting but I'll bet some of you Boise guys will remember Manley's up on Federal Way.......

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

Toms Cabin west of emmett on hwy 52 great food and even better priceing....
The Redneck Cafe in durkee oregon "if it is still open" their redneck burger is proably #1

I also really like the mushroom burger at the Snake Pit in Enaville, just outside Kellogg. Just a classic greasy spoon spot in an old whorehouse.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Roe Ann's in Emmett is great when returning from a bird or buck hunt up in unit 32/32a. Awesome shakes.

my vote goes for this one

This is a great story! The radio station America FM was doing one of its 'Is Anyone Listening?' bits this morning. The first question was, 'Ever have a celebrity come up with the 'Do you know who I am?' routine?'

A woman called in and said that a few years ago, while visiting her cattle rancher uncle in Billings, MT , she had occasion to go to dinner at a restaurant that does not take reservations. The wait was about 45 minutes; many ranchers and their
wives were waiting.

Ted Turner and his ex-wife Jane Fonda came in the restaurant and wanted a table. The hostess informed them that they'd
have to wait 45 minutes.

Jane Fonda asked the hostess, 'Do you know who I am?' The hostess answered, 'Yes, but you'll have to wait 45 minutes.'

Then Jane asked if the manager was in. When the manager came out, he asked, 'May I help you?' 'Do you know who we are?' both Ted and Jane asked. Yes, but these folks have been waiting, and I can't put you ahead of them.'

Then Ted asked to speak to the owner. The owner came out, and Jane again asked, 'Do you know who I am?' The owner answered, 'Yes, I do. Do you know who I am? I am the owner of this restaurant and I am a Vietnam Veteran. Not only will you not get a table ahead of my friends and neighbors who have been waiting here, but you also will not be eating in my restaurant tonight or any other night. Good bye.'

Only in America , is this a great country or what?

To all who received this, this is a true story and the name of the steak house is:

Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse
204 W. Main ,
Manhattan , MT 59741
(406) 284-6929

If you ever get there, give this fellow a sharp salute, buy a steak, and tip the waitress. Keep passing this on. We should never forget our national traitor!

My Vote is the Hub In Kamiah. They have a awesome selection of burgers and for someone really hungry try the KUB. I prefer the nacho burger but all are great

The Dirty Shame in Crouch is awesome. Good food, drinks and good looking help most of the time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom