FFF vs FF

Moon_Chopper

I purchased a .50 caliber Green Mtn Barrel for my TC Renegade. The manual from GMB says to only use FFg for it. And FFFg for .32,.36,.40, .45 caliber round ball only.

I have been using FFFg for my TC .50 Grey Hawk for years. Should I not be using triple F?

Thanks for the help.

glad you found one I have been looking for a 1 in 28 twist .50 cal in the 1" octagon and nobody seems to have any right now

>glad you found one I have
>been looking for a 1
>in 28 twist .50 cal
>in the 1" octagon and
>nobody seems to have any
>right now

I have one, been shot about 50 times. No rust, wear or what have ya, like brand new. Make me an offer.

BTW. I've been shooting one of those since Cabela's first offered them almost 20 years ago. It's a tack driver with 100 grains and a sabot with 300grn .44 cal hornady xtp. Killed a bunch of elk, deer and antelope with that gun/load. It will also shoot maxi balls to almost the same point of impact if you hunt CO, where sabots are not legal.

Thanks for the feedback. The GMB is great. I went to the range and used 777 for a few shots, but then tried the American Pioneer FFG and was very pleased with not having to clean inbetween shots. I put 15 rounds through the barrel - Hornady FPB 300 gr with 95 grains of FFG but had a difficult time getting decent groups. Went back the next day with FPB 350 gr and the GMB loves this bullet - 2 inch groups at 50, 75, and 85 yards with zero drop. At 100 yards the bullet dropped 2". I am very pleased and look forward to my Elk hunit in Unit 40 Colorado. Thanks again everybody.

Both are acceptable for use provided you reduce the load for the FFFg becasue of pressures. I'd follow the manufacturers recommendaion of FFg, there is surely a charge weight that shoots accurately out of your gun. Lots of shooting fun practicing at the range when you find out what it is.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom