Fierce Firearms ?

Togwotee

Long Time Member
Anyone know anything about these rifles? fairly light, almost any caliber , 1/2 MOA guarantee and only $2500 .

I'd have already ordered a 28 Nosler one in optional Kuiu Verde except for one thing, they kind of look cheap and clunky.

If these pan out they're going to make custom rifle builders life tough. has anyone seen one in person what do they look like?

http://fiercearms.com/

Stay Thirsty My Friends

I've never heard of them, but you are right they are a lot of gun for the price. I would have to disagree with you on the looking, "cheap and clunky" however. They look nice from what I can see on their website. Order one and give us a review:)

If want to see cheap and clunky look no further than a savage rifle.

I know these guys and their guns, they are good guys and the guns shoot really good. The owner helped build Christensen arms from the ground up, so he has a lot of experience. For the price, I wouldn't hesitate. They also don't look bad at all. You can also watch there hunting show on tv.

A friend of mine got his Fierce 300 Ultra Mag about a year and a half ago and likes it. Took awhile but seems happy with its performance.

49165woodies300ultra.jpg

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, I've had one in my hands. A friend bought one in 7mm Rem mag and the thing really shoots! There's lots to like about the rifle and very little to find objectionable. Looks like a great value to me.
Zeke

Even if it was a Sako good luck getting a 1/2 MOA guarantee .

A 1/2 MOA guarantee is amazing in this price range. I don't know how you're going to beat that anywhere. the custom build I'm looking at doing on a Borden action is going to cost me near double that and I expect a 1/2" rifle but there is no guarantee.

God if they just didn't look so clunky. I can't get past that.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

I have been on their site, read articles about them and saw a sort of infomercial on a sportsman's channel. Everything I can gather is that Fierce uses a proprietary action. mtmuley

MTMuley - What rifles do you suggest that are guaranteed to shoot 1/2 moa, cost less than $2500, and has a variety of chambers?

A buddy has a couple of Fierce rifles and he likes them.

I have 3 that shoot 1/2 MOA. All Remingtons. I don't have 2500 bucks in any of them.A guarantee don't mean much. Usually it is with one load that the builder finds. Glad your friend likes his. mtmuley

I like the way Fierce looks I like there stocks they fit good in my hands and there's nothing wrong using a Sako action (Sako has a 5 shot 1 inch guarantee). They also have there rifles chambered in a 300 RUM. You can get there Fury model around $1900.00.

It's kind of a crap shoot . I've had Remingtons , Rugers and Winchesters that were 1/2 inch guns out of the box . I've also had many factory rifles that wouldn't shoot 2 MOA out of the box . I have customs that surprise me every time I shoot them . I have one semi custom that continues to give me trouble regardless of dollar output . Run whatcha brung and have fun doing it .

>It's kind of a crap shoot
>. I've had Remingtons ,
>Rugers and Winchesters that were
>1/2 inch guns out of
>the box . I've also
>had many factory rifles that
>wouldn't shoot 2 MOA out
>of the box . I
>have customs that surprise me
>every time I shoot them
>. I have one semi
>custom that continues to give
>me trouble regardless of dollar
>output . Run whatcha brung
>and have fun doing it
>.
Exactly. That's why I said the guarantee does not mean much. It does mean that one day, with a certain load, the rifle shot well. That's all. mtmuley

I like that rifle so much I purchase one of there Fury models in a 300 RUM. I put a VX6 scope on it and took it to the range with some boxes of HSM ammo in a 185 VLD bullet. Sighted it in at 100 yards 1 inch high and chronograph it at 3293 FPS. I got a group of 1/2 inch after sight in with 9 round total. I like the way it feels in my hands it has a nice swell on the trigger grip. The trigger pull was amazing at 2.75 pounds. The forearm part of the stock.. bottom is sorta flat which helps at the bench. I used the muzzle brake that came with the rifle and it did a great job of keeping the barrel down and taming the recoil. All and all thumbs up!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom