fillmore oak creek south limited entry muzzleloader elk hunt

A

ajtaylor4

I drew out a tag for this unit does anybody have info were to hunt and where the elk are? I've been told it's a hard unit and i won't kill a big elk i just want to kill something.

i dont know much about the unit but i know some good bulls ahve been killed on it.ive heard of 360's killed on it. its definently not a premium unit and its fairly easy to draw a tag. i looked up the stats for it for last year on the muzz hunt 2 out of 8 filled there tag and average bull age was 3.the early rifle was 58 percent succes with 4 year old avg. and late 36 percent. i think if you work hard you have a chance but i definetly think your gonna have to work hard for it. i probably wouldnt be too picky. if you see a bull that gets you excited smoke him.
how many pts did you have? where you from..

LAST EDITED ON May-01-10 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]i looked up 2008 and it was 80 percent muzz success and 3.8 age average. 4 out of 5 killed
last year was a pretty rough year on a lot of units. hopefully this year is good for you. if you go on right above the little tab thingy for the forums is hunt draw odds click it and check out the unit and scroll down to the bottom there are a few pics of bulls taken off here. might make you a bit more excited.

actually see if this link works. pics are toward the bottom

http://monstermuleys.hunterstrailhe...s=5&resident=Resident&points=&type=&year=2009

looks like hornee guide seervice knows how to get it done on this unit. maybe give them a call.

It is a tough unit compared to most in Utah but dont let that bother you. You will have a really good time, especially if you don't put pressure on yourself by holding out for a toad. It sounds like you aren't too concerned with that anyways. I filled my late season tag on a respectable bull last year and enjoyed one of the best hunts of my life thanks to the help of friends and family.

What side of the unit did you hunt south end or north end or scipio side or the oak city side? How big was your bull? If you have a pic please send. Thank you

LAST EDITED ON May-02-10 AT 01:40PM (MST)[p]ajtaylor....sent you a PM.

56772009_utah_bull_010.jpg

Thanks for the pic. cool bull what side of the unit did you get him on?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom