Final MM BL Weigh-in

ramtagless

Good Afternoon Fellow Outdoorsmen -

Today is the day we have all been waiting for. I am sure you have had trouble containing your excitement. In just a few short days we will crown the 2010 Monster Muley's biggest loser.

That's right - post up your final weight. Be honest and please give me something. Towards the end of the contest participation rates dropped precipitously...dont be a big capital P...get me a weight.

I will post two final spread sheets...one sheet in chronological order by pounds lost and another in chronological order by percentage.

Thanks in advance to everyone that saw this thing through. In hind sight I would have done a few things differently. But hey - first year, right? Thanks again...Andy

ps - I am leaving to hunt doves for a few days, so results may not be until Sunday or Monday.

Good for you broadside. 40 pounds is huge.

Put it in perspective...hike around the hills with no pack. Strap on a 40 pound pack and hike around some more. Makes you wonder how you got around with the extra 40 pounds.

congrats Broadside!

I didn't reach my goal of 218, not even close. However, the contest got me started and I appreciate it and can't wait for next year.

I started at 240 and ended at 230. Ten pounds down but in much better shape.

I'd like to hear how others achieved their goals. I didn't change my diet much in the first few months and didn't lose any weight. I recently started counting calories, eating "filling" foods like whole grain, vegitable/fruit smoothies (whole fruit and veggie), good old lean deer steak at night, etc. Counting calories has had a big, but recent, impact on my weight.

Tell us how you did it!

I wanted to let everyone know about my situation because it might help some others. I've lost 25 pounds since October with no dieting after years of not being able to lose weight even though I was very active. The difference is that I now use a CPAP machine to help me breathe at night.

I'm 52 years old and gained about 4 pounds a year for the past 25 years. I have always snored and had sleep apnea even in high school when I only weighed 140 pounds. I never recognized it as a health problem. In recent years, several friend told me I needed to get a sleep study, but I did not understand how it could help me. I finally relented because I was always tired and no one wanted to sleep in the same house with me anymore.

Because I got zero REM sleep, my body kept slowing down my metabolism to compensate. It got to the point where no matter how little I ate or how much I exercised, I could not lose weight because my body was trying to preserve energy.

I was lucky because long-term apnea can cause or complicate many serious health problems including high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and more. Many doctors do not even understand the complications associated with this condition.

The machine has been great. It causes no difficulty when I sleep. In fact, I feel rested in the mornings for the first time in many, many years. I also have significantly more energy than I have had for many years.

If your family members complain about your loud snoring, you might want to consider asking your doctor about a sleep study. Most insurance companies cover the cost.

My goal is another 25 pounds over the next year.

>congrats Broadside!
>
>I didn't reach my goal of
>218, not even close.
>However, the contest got me
>started and I appreciate it
>and can't wait for next
>year.
>
>I started at 240 and ended
>at 230. Ten pounds
>down but in much better
>shape.
>
>I'd like to hear how others
>achieved their goals. I
>didn't change my diet much
>in the first few months
>and didn't lose any weight.
> I recently started counting
>calories, eating "filling" foods like
>whole grain, vegitable/fruit smoothies (whole
>fruit and veggie), good old
>lean deer steak at night,
>etc. Counting calories has
>had a big, but recent,
>impact on my weight.
>
>Tell us how you did it!
>

I didn't officially join, but am down 38 lbs since January 1st. Haven't had a soda in nine months, cut out cheeseburgers and fries, don't eat after 8:00 pm, and I eat a lot of salads, fruits and veggies, chicken or turkey. I've also been running 30-35 miles a week. For motivatation, I signed up for the Wasatch Back Relay in June, have done 4 half-marathons (one more on Halloween), and a few local 5k's and 10k's thrown in. My biggest goal is to stay active through the winter.

I dropped to 180 (12 pounds) and stayed there, but I have been lifting weights for 10 months and my strength has increased noticably. I added about 70 pounds to my squats, and my waist size has gone down. I'm ready to hit it hard.

Uhm, well, er...191 now only ten pounds lost. I got down to 184 but mucked it up somehow.

Well these last few weeks have been very hard to loose the last bit of weight for my goal. I didn't quiet make it to the 205 that I wanted. However, my final weight is 209 :) I will be going on some hunts real soon and I'm sure I will reach that goal. In fact I've made another goal to get to 195. My strategy was to cut back on all the bad carbs and no soda. I've been on a strict well balanced diet of good carbs and protein and lots of water. ahhhhh water the "fountain of youth" LOL Hope everyone met thier goal and has a very good hunting season.

"Keep yer powder dry n yer eye on the skyline!"

Good job all,
You guy's have all done well and your body will thank you for it. I was not in the contest but know how hard it is to loose weight and even harder to keep it off. You really have to change your eating and even some of your activity level, as you get older as I have your joints, knees and hips just can't handle that extra weight and your back can't handle carrying around the old beer belly. Makes it hard to get out and enjoy the outdoors. After having my knee replaced on 4-1-08 I was 287lbs and today I'm 214lbs. Lots of fruit and water and just quit the pizza and fast food junk, snacks all that stuff. Rode my bike and a lot of walking. Keep it up!!

Gary Wright
Moscow, Idaho

Started at 238 and ended at 202. I hit my goal of 200lbs once and have just bounced around with 3 or 4 pounds of it since. Thanks for putting this together I think it helped motivate me to lose weight and I feel a ton better. Congradulations to all who lost weight and good luck with the hunts.

Got down to 187. About 10 shy of my goal. Had several roadblocks, but NO EXCUSES. Will keep working on staying below 190 and work towards being below 180. Congrats to all who lost those exta pounds. Good luck hunting this fall.

Phantom Hunter

Never really got it off the ground - BUT I finally did get my dissertation finished - so the goal is still there, the dates are just changed a little. New Goal - 245 by 1/1/11.

Current weight - 293

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Ram, thanks for starting and continuing this post throughout the summer. My final weigh in is 185! Below my goal of 190 and ready to chase bulls in a couple of weeks. Thanks man!!

Down to 175. I to had sleep apnea, have been on treatment for a year and a half. A year ago I finally had the energy to have an exercise program. In that time I have lost 48 pounds, I feel great and I am ready to hike anywhere I have to go to hunt this year. I think the key to losing weight is not to treat it as a quick loss diet. Slow and steady wins the race. I did make some dietary changes; gave up fast food and not eating as many sweets, and drinking more water than soda. For everyone that completed the challenge, lost some weight and/or met their goal, Congratulations!

I was never in the contest but just wanted to tell my story. I went to Mexico in march and had weight loss surgery. I was 347lbs and now I am 199lbs and wear size 32 pants. I have been planing basketball,running and lifting weights. I feel so much better. This going to be the most exciting hunting season in years for me. I should be able to walk for ever. Congratulations to all who lost weight this year and a big thanks to who ever ran the contest.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

206 Total = 20lbs

I had my ups and downs, but I'm feeling pretty dang good. This has been a great little contest and has kept me very motivated to lose my blubber. Thanks a lot Ramtagless for the time you have put into this, I really appreciate it.

See ya next year boys!!

Wow, I thought we just all voted on what MM member we thought was the "Biggest Loser" because of their lame post content. Hahaha.

Really though, to all those making those efforts...great job. In today's world it is a real challenge to eat right which is a HUGE factor in our health and overall well being. Then add to it our time constraints making it difficult to find the time to exercise and losing some pounds is a serious accomplishment. Really good job!

I am up to 280 from my original weigh in. What do I win for gaining the most.

The only bright side is I have been doing a lot of hiking lately. At least a couple miles a day in the mountains (7000-9000 elevation)

I did sprain my ankle coming off the mountain in a hurry the other night in a lightning/rain storm. Was worried carrying the rifle that I would conduct so I was getting out of there in a hurry. Stepped in a hole in the dark and turned my ankle good. Its about 80% better now though.

I have been in better shape for hunting season, but, I know I will do what has to be done.

I have never started and blown diets so many times in a 6 month period before.

I too was one of those that didn't participate in the program. Not sure why i didn't join but could be the fact that i have soo much to loose, i didn't care to open the door to possible failure.

The good news is while this has been going on, there has been from it some felt motivation...and it has worked. At my last weigh-in, i'm down now over 30+ pounds. Sadly, that's not even 10% of my body weight, yes i'm still way over 300.

How did i do it? Smoothies! I have one for breakfeast and usually skip lunch and have another one before dinner. Low-fat milk, low-fat yogurt, OJ, Ice, and fresh fruits of all kinds blended up into milkshake like consistency. I've never ate so much fruit in my life but when all mixed up with the other, good for you stuff, it tastes just like a great milkshake that i at times, feel guilty, shouldn't be doing this. I'm still going ! Good luck to you guys and...Thanks!! :)

Joey

Good job Joey!!!Keep it up!!

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

Ditto the last post.

Great job Joey keep it up!

Ram when do you start again?

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

I weighed in at 223 for a total weight loss of 27 pounds. My thanks to Ramtagless for all the time you have put into the program. I will continue on my diet until my goal is reached.

I ended up at 176 after my grueling but successful backpack Dall sheep hunt. The "biggest loser" post came with perfect timing for me but nothing in the world could give me more motivation to lose the lbs than winning a Dall sheep hunt. Thanks for the added incentive!

I ended at 212 a long ways from my goal but it was fun to watch lots of other guys have the same problem.
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Thanks to all the guys that posted final weights.

Anyone else? Might be a few guys left that don't log on that often. Will leave it open for a couple more days.

Come on...don't be shy...

202 as of today. I guess I could "make weight" by tomorrow and say I met my goal...

------------------------------------------------------
"So... Now you got a little taste of what I do..."

Just got back from 8 days on the Mtn helping friend with a Elk hunt. Weight is 202 almost at my new goal of 195 :) I tell you it made a HUGE difference on the Mtn hiking and hauling out quarters. Thanks again Ram.

"Keep yer powder dry n yer eye on the skyline!"

I guess the challenge is still on. I dropped another two pounds since the last weigh in. It would have been alot more if it wasn't for three reunions in the same month.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom