Fired for killing a Mtn Lion??

gznokes

Very Active Member
Did you guys see this in the Wall Street Journal this morning?

California State Democrats are trying to get the State's Fish and Game Commission President fired because he LEGALLY killed a mountain lion in ID. Apparently they feel it doesn't reflect California values.

7462coug.jpg

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203986604577255732262230236.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

California Official Under Fire for Mountain-Lion Hunt

Democratic lawmakers in California are seeking to remove the president of the state's Fish and Game Commission, after a photo surfaced of him posing with the carcass of a mountain lion he recently killed on a hunt in Idaho.

Zuma Press

Daniel Richards with mountain lion.
.Hunting mountain lions is legal in Idaho but not in California.

Daniel Richards, appointed to the part-time job in 2008 by then-Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, should step down because his kill conflicts with the ban on mountain-lion hunting in California passed by voters in 1990, California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom said.

"I do appreciate that you did nothing illegal in Idaho, but it is clear that your actions do not reflect the values of the people of California," Mr. Newsom, a Democrat and former San Francisco mayor, said in a letter Monday to Mr. Richards.

A resolution to remove Mr. Richards was being drafted in the Democrat-controlled Assembly on Thursday and could be acted on by next week, said Paola Avila, a spokeswoman for Assemblyman Ben Hueso. The Chula Vista, Calif., Democrat has gathered names of 39 other Democratic Assembly members seeking Mr. Richards' resignation. While California governors appoint fish and game commissioners, the legislature has power to remove them on a simple majority vote.

Mr. Richards, a real-estate broker in Upland, Calif., declined to comment for this article. In a letter he sent Tuesday to Mr. Hueso, Mr. Richards wrote: "Do you really think a California Commissioner is actually obligated to follow California laws across these United States? Really?"

Responding to criticism from some animal-rights activists that he killed the animal only for sport, Mr. Richards wrote: "we did dine on Mountain Lion for dinner" and added: "I will continue to hunt and fish wherever I please?There is ZERO chance I would consider resigning my position."

Some Republican lawmakers have rallied to Mr. Richards' defense, saying he had a right to hunt the mountain lion.

One of the state capital's most powerful Democrats, Senate President Darrell Steinberg, said Thursday he wasn't ready to say what action, if any, should be taken against Mr. Richards. Mr. Richards' appointment expires Jan. 15 next year.

Referring to the commissioner's letter to Mr. Hueso, however, Mr. Steinberg told reporters in Sacramento Thursday that "he acted like a jackass."

Mr. Richards is one of five fish-and-game commissioners appointed by the governor who set regulations governing activities such as hunting and fishing in California.

Wow. These people really are out of touch. Off their F-ing rockers. So let's ask every person in office who gambles in Vegas to resign because clearly californians' values don't line up with gambling. Or let's sign petitions when they take advantage of faster speed limits in other states because they should stick to the values that created california's speed limit. Any governor with any sense would tell these libs to STFU.

How's the saying go? When in Idaho, whack a mountain lion. or something like that.

WH

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-12 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]OK,
In 1990 California (ignorant POS) voters voted to prohibit the hunting of mountain lions based on a purely emotional, knee jerk , feel good basis.
They are pretty animals and hence need protection regardless of their numbers or the impact they have on prey species including humans.

(Link to California Mountain Lion Attacks )

http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks_ca.htm

(Link to annual number of California lions killed on depredation permits.)

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/issues/lion/depredation.html

Fast forward to 2012.

The president of the California Dept Of Fish & Game Commission travels to Idaho and hunts a mountain lion where it is 100% legal to do so.
He is successful in taking a lion, albeit a mediocre 2-3 year old cat.
His photo appears on the WWW and the next thing you know the puke Lieutenant governor of California Gavin Newsom (whose father founded the California based "Mountain Lion Foundation" and was a driving force behind prop 117 the lion hunting ban ) and 40 other California Democratic leaders are calling for his resignation as head of the Fish and Game Commission.

Story here....

Democrats.......
cry.gif

http://www.news10.net/news/article/...-head-to-resign-Republicans-say-waste-of-time

20120217__ssjm0218lionshot~1.JPG

I swear to God this just boils my blood.
The man broke no laws, but the because of the complete arrogance of the liberal tree huggers in this state the man's job is in jeopardy?
What a complete steaming crock of shitt.

Leutennant Gavin Newsom's letter to Dan Richards...

February 27, 2012

Mr. Daniel W. Richards
President, California Fish and Game Commission
1416 Ninth Street, Suite 1320
Sacramento, CA 95814
President Richards,

Thank you for more than 4 years of service to the people of California as a member of the California Fish and Game Commission. Unfortunately, recent events make it clear that you cannot continue in any capacity on the Commission. (California wildlife official in hot water over mountain lion hunt, San Jose Mercury News, February 17, 2012) I must confess to a personal interest in this issue above those of my current office. As you may know, my father, Judge William Newsom is a long-time mountain lion protection advocate and past president of the Mountain Lion Preservation Foundation. Additionally, I have personally worked for the protection of these majestic animals and their habitat.

While not in California at the time, your actions call into question whether you can live up to the calling of your office. Since 1870 the Commission has worked to manage the wildlife resources of our state. As president of the commission, I am sure you understand that merely complying with the conservation laws of California is not the standard by which the Commission or its members are measured. As is stated on the Commission's website, your actions should be in the "best interest of the resource and truly reflect(s) the wishes and needs of the people."

I do appreciate that you did nothing illegal in Idaho, but it is clear that your actions do not reflect the values of the people of California. In 1972, Governor Ronald Reagan signed legislation banning the sport hunting of mountain lions in California for 5 years. That ban was twice renewed before the voters of California passed Proposition 117 in June 1990.

I'm sure I needn't remind you of the many challenges facing California and the important work ahead for the Commission. Your continued presence on the Commission is a distraction from those important issues.

As such, I am prevailing on your sense of civic service to respectfully request you resign, effective immediately, so we can move on to the pressing issues facing our great state.

Sincerely,

Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom

Dan Richards reply to Newsom...

richards2.jpg

This is exactly why I have a searing hatred for these fascist liberal fukks in this state.

Read the comments in this petition for Richards removal...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/remove-dan-richards-from-the-california-fish-game-commission/

Every single major California newspaper is filled with similar comments this week.
The same MFers who are responsible for a a 10 day waiting period on purchasing a firearm, the same twisted fukks who make getting a concealed permit nearly impossible for the common man, yet anti gun Senator Dianne Feinstein has one.

I've been bombarded with schitt like this all my life and the main reason I cannot be part of this treehugging, gun hating, hunter bashing conglomeration.

My wife is very attached to her family here or there is no doubt, I would start packing right now.
Enough of this bullschitt already.

evil.gif

THE FURIOUS FORTY.
List of the 40 California assemblymen calling for Dan Richards' job.

http://www.wonews.com/Blog.aspx?id=1679&AuthorID=59046&t=THE-FURIOUS-FORTY-ASSEMBLYMEN-ANGRY-WIT

Question....What letter do you see behind their names?

Uhhhhhhhhh, yeah.

wink.gif

Thanks all,
I already sent a response of support for him. There was previous link.
Zeke

Wow that is crazy !!! Its hard to believe this kind of stuff really goes on. I support him and will send response !

Dumocrats at their best!!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Communist plicks,put em on a raft to Cuba!

My bone is no stranger to
great envy!

>And Californians wonder why we have
>such an attitude against them.
>

Wish you hated liberal treehuggers, not just all Californians.

Here's a little more fuel to the fire that HH might have some more frutration with . Sorry its a long read. I have to say I am a little disappointed that Reagan had some to do with it. I was not aware of that until now.

During the 1971 season, Gov. Ronald Reagan signed a moratorium. In 1990, Proposition 117 made the ban permanent, winning 52 percent to 48 percent in a split defined by urban versus rural voters. The public upheld that decision in
1996 with Prop. 197.
While lions are abundant, and not threatened or endangered, that ballot initiative declared the lions "a specially protected mammal."
Even with the ban, 2,157 mountain lions were killed from 1990 to 2009 through depredation permits and for public safety, according to the Department of Fish and Game.

Here's something else I copied from the cute cuddly Mtn. lion foundation:
- Governor Ronald Reagan signs legislation outlawing the sport hunting of mountain lions for five years

- 15-year moratorium on sport hunting lions comes to an end. The Legislature extended the ban twice between 1972 and 1986
- Mountain Lion Coalition is formed to protect mountain lions in California
- Coalition defeats two bills in the State Legislature that would have allowed trophy hunting of mountain lions
- Coalition stops California Fish and Game Commission (FGC) plan to allow mountain lion hunting

- Coalition files for non-profit status and Mountain Lion Preservation Foundation is born
- FGC approves trophy mountain lion hunting over the Foundation's opposition
- Foundation files successful lawsuit challenging the lion hunting decision for the 1987 season
- Foundation sponsors bill in the State Legislature to ban the use of dogs for mountain lion hunting (the bill was defeated after the National Rifleman's Association made the measure its highest priority)

- Foundation-produced study documents the decline in mountain lion habitat in the Sierra Nevada
- Defying a court order, the FGC approves mountain lion trophy hunt for the 1988 season
- Foundation files a second lawsuit challenging the mountain lion hunting regulations for the 1988 season

- 100% volunteer effort gathers 680,000 signatures to qualify an initiative
(Proposition 117) to ban mountain lion trophy hunting for the 1990 ballot
- Foundation creates its Adopt-a-Lion program

- Voters approve Proposition 117 that bans mountain lion hunting and creates a
$30 million-per-year Habitat Conservation Fund
- Foundation-sponsored legal decision that invalidated the California Department
of Fish and Game's 1988 mountain lion hunt is upheld by the California Appellate
Court
- Foundation produces two traveling mountain lion exhibits. A permanent mountain
lions exhibit is created at the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy in Southern
California

- Foundation publishes "Preserving Cougar Country"
- Foundation creates anti-poaching campaign
- Three Foundation-supported bills are approved in the State Legislature to
provide millions of "bucks for bucks"
- Mountain Lion Preservation Foundation is officially re-named the Mountain Lion
Foundation (MLF)

- MLF publishes Cougar: The American Lion
- MLF files a "friends of the court" brief in a lawsuit that said the FGC erred
in protecting the California gnatcatcher as a candidate species under the state
Endangered Species Act
- MLF files another "friends" brief in a lawsuit that protects endangered salmon
from pumping in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta

- MLF and other groups file a lawsuit to protect an important wildlife corridor
in Coal Canyon, between the Santa Ana Mountains and Chino Hills State Park on
the border of Orange County
- MLF helps build the evidence for the prosecution of a ranch in Monterey County
that hosted illegal mountain lion hunting
- MLF loses a bid in the State Legislature to ban the use of dogs to hunt black
bears in California

- MLF publishes the anti-poaching book Crimes Against the Wild
- MLF defeats legislation to eliminate the Habitat Conservation Fund, which was
created in Proposition 117
- Three bills to repeal Proposition 117 are killed
- Bill to eliminate the Endangered Species Ballot Check-off Program is killed
- Successful lawsuit by MLF and others keep the Mojave ground squirrel on the
state Endangered Species List, which preserves an important precedent for the
California Endangered Species Act (CESA)

- The California Legislature places Proposition 197, to rescind the ban on
mountain lion hunting, on the November 1996 ballot

- MLF launches "No on Prop 197", an extensive public education campaign
- State voters defeat Proposition 197 by more than 16 percent

- MLF presents first annual anti-poaching award presented to a deserving public
official
- Bill to ban the use of hounds for hunting bears and bobcats sponsored in the
State Legislature (failed after opposition from houndsmen)
- MLF produces award-winning anti-poaching public service announcements in five
languages for distribution to the media
- MLF wins a legal decision overturning Gov. Pete Wilson's emergency order for a
sweeping five-year waiver of the California Endangered Species Act
- MLF sponsors a successful measure in the State Legislature requiring the
California Fish and Game Commission to post decision-making documents on the
Internet
- MLF creates California Legal Advocates for Wildlife (CLAW), a new legal
defense program

- MLF files its first lawsuit challenging the inadequacy of the Habitat
Conservation Plan for the North Natomas development in Sacramento

- MLF successfully amends a bill that would have eliminated the mountain lion
hunting ban that was established in Proposition 117
- MLF successfully petitions the FGC to list the Sierra Nevada Bighorn sheep as
"endangered" under the California Endangered Species Act
- MLF helps California Department of Fish and Game win a $3 million
appropriation to write a recovery plan for Bighorn sheep
- MLF joins with the National Audubon Society to develop and implement the
Adopt-A-Species program to teach California's middle school students about
endangered species

- Coal Canyon is acquired by State Parks and protected for all time, providing a
key link for the safe passage of mountain lions and other wildlife between Chino
Hills State Park and the Santa Ana Mountains
- MLF launches Lions in the Park program to educate state park rangers and
docents
- MLF and California State Parks work together to create a three-panel, color
interpretive display
- Judge rules in favor of MLF's case which invalidated the City of Sacramento's
authority to allow developers to kill endangered species and requiring the USFWS
to complete an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) that would analyze the
effects of habitat destruction on giant garter snakes and Swainson hawks in the
Natomas Basin
- MLF supports the USFWS proposal to designate over 5.4 million acres of public
and private land in California as critical habitat for the red-legged frog

- MLF launches Living with Lions program to educate Californians on how to
coexist with mountain lions and to introduce ideas and practical assistance that
will protect lions that come into contact with people, rather than punishing
them for behaving naturally

- MLF organizes, chairs and presents at the first-ever sessions on the
conservation of mountain lions at a major scientific conference, Carnivores 2002
- As part of the Living with Lions program, Wolf Creek and Indian Valley 4-H
club members and MLF celebrate 4-H's 100th birthday by completing the
construction of the first cougar-proof pen designed specifically to protect
goats and domestic animals from mountain lion depredation
- Living with Lions program working with local 4-H and FFA groups build first
cougar-proof pen in Calaveras County, California
- Working with the California Oak Foundation, MLF sues the Department of
Forestry demanding they protect oak woodlands, which provide excellent mountain
lion habitat
- MLF, with other conservation groups, files suit in federal court and
successfully stops the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and the Oregon
Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) from proceeding with an elk population
study that involves killing at least half the mountain lions in two regions of
Oregon

- MLF launches On-the-Edge program in Southern California Santa Monica Mountains
to teach communities responsible ways to coexist with wildlife on the urban
fringe
- MLF organizes, chairs and presents at the first-ever conservation session at a
Mountain Lion Workshop, a scientific conference on mountain lions held by state
wildlife agencies held approximately every four years

- MLF presents information on lion biology and behavior to residents in Palo
Alto after a lion is killed by DFG and receives national media coverage
- MLF educates over 200 Municipal Water District field employees in the Santa
Monica Mountains on staying safe while working in lion country
- MLF's conservation biologist Chris Papouchis testifies against the Arizona
Game & Fish Departments plan to eradicate all mountain lions from the Sabino
Canyon
- The last male mountain lion (P1) in the Santa Monica Mountains has a
depredation permit issued on him after preying on domestic goats, but MLF fights
to have P1 spared. Later that year, P2, his mate, gives birth to four cubs
- MLF works with the Felton 4-H to build a lion-proof small livestock enclosure,
preventing any depredation of their livestock before an incident ever occurs
- MLF opens its first field office in southern California and offers
presentations on wildlife corridors and living with mountain lions
- A large cougar display created by MLF in 1996 for the Effie Yeaw Nature Center
begins a tour through Iowa to educate communities after a few lion sightings
raise concern and curiosity among residents

- MLF begins Living with Lions program in San Luis Obispo County, California, to
create ordinances for land use and wildlife friendly neighborhoods while
providing educational presentations in the community and training local law
enforcement agencies
- MLF starts Project Newsworthy to provide journalists with accurate information
about cougars and creates multiple public service announcements in both English
and Spanish to be aired when a sighting has occurred

- MLF works with the Black Hills Mountain Lion Foundation to build a lion-proof
small livestock enclosure in South Dakota to expand non-lethal husbandry
techniques and help residents coexist with the recovering cougar population in
the Black Hills
- MLF Conservation Biologist Chris Papouchis publishes Human Exploitation of
Mountain Lions in the American West analyzing the exceedingly high rate at which
mountain lions are killed and suggestions for ecosystem recovery
- Effects of Sport Hunting Mountain Lions on Safety and Livestock is published
by MLF Conservation Biologist Chris Papouchis, putting to rest once and for all
the myth that sport hunting lions will somehow increase the safety of people and
domestic animals

- MLF expands upon its successful Living with Lions program with the launch of
Rural Partners to help pet and livestock owners in the Central Sierra better
protect their animals
- MLF takes part in Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Program and hosts an
AmeriCorps member full time to work on the Rural Partners program
- MLF partners with the US Fish & Wildlife Service and Defenders to build
lion-proof small livestock enclosures in Naples, Florida to protect livestock
and ultimately keep endangered Florida panthers out of trouble in their
shrinking habitat
- MLF begins its two year Safe Passages program, partnering with various
agencies and the public, to institutionalize protection for wildlife corridors
by beginning outreach in neighborhoods around the Santa Monica, Santa Susana,
San Gabriel and Santa Ana mountain ranges

- MLF's Rural Partners program provides a grant to the Placer Nature Center to
create a permanent display and provide education at the Auburn County Fair
- Southern California field volunteer Robin Parks gives briefings on mountain
lions to over one-hundred San Diego Sheriff Search and Rescue team members to
increase the safety of officers, the public, and mountain lions
- MLF continues with the second year of the Safe Passages program, recruiting
numerous partners and spreading education through presentations and a massive
community-wide door-to-door distribution of informative fliers about local
corridors

- An expansion of MLF's website takes advantage of more than 30 years of
information, making information about mountain lions more easily accessible to
the public with daily news article updates, opinion articles, and feature
presentations in text, audio, and video.
- MLF's Cougar Clippings service expands to provide weekly electronic news and
keeps thousands of people informed on the media coverage of mountain lions
- MLF joins the popular networking site Facebook and gains over 300 fans in the
first month

GBA

I hope he has some legal recourse against the state.Sad deal to say the least. JB

+1 JB

I'm really not sure how the order got messed up in the post. I must have been a little slow on the trigger. HH, two of my hunting partners live in California and have very much the same opinions and outlook of California as you do. I don't dislike all of you Cali guys. Just the liberal tree huggin A holes you have to contend with to live there. Proof of that is what I posted above.

GBA

Given the balance between sportsmen and "nature fakers" in this State, the guy is finished. It is too bad, but there is no "grey area" with these people.

Were you to give sportsmen 3 votes each and the anti's only 1, they would still bury us every time.

The lawmakers know this and will only back agendas that they can win. This ain't one of them.

Were there a way that ALL revenue generated by "us" could be eliminated for 2 years, and all the DFG money had to come from the General Fund......some eyes might be opened.

Of course, that will just inspire a tax...permit fee...license....surcharge...or whatever they want to call it on, say, camo items, bird dogs, 4x4's, etc, etc, etc.

We are screwed here.

You don't need a parachute to skydive.
You do however, need a parachute to
skydive.......twice.

This is the rest of the letter posted by HunterHarry.

c36ec590.jpg

fb960a13.jpg

-John Wayne

What next?! Them Californian legislatures can kiss my A$$. Maybe some conservatives can write something similar asking the same thing in return?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I wonder how much of the tax payers money is being used to fund this against the commissioner? Nothing makes me madder than this kind of crap!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-12 AT 04:15PM (MST)[p]I am surprised Lt Gov Newsom is such an advocate for mountain lions. I always suspected he wasn't fond of *****.

Make sure you don't eat at any Plumpjack restaurants or drink Plumpjack wine as that is the Newsom family business and how they fund their liberal antihunting activities.

tylerdurden (7 posts)
Mar-02-12, 02:56 PM (MST)
15. "RE: Fired for killing a Mtn Lion??"
No, not all Californians, just most of em.

Wrong again Tyler.....it is the DEMS down in Doddlewood and SF that side with the wrong informed. And they are backing the Human Society on wanting him out of office.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

HH I'M WITH YOU 100%, I WOULD WRIGHT A LITTLE MORE ON HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS SITUATION, BUT I'M NOT THE POLITACALLY CORRECT KIND OF GUY, AND MORE THAN LIKELY I'D GET NUKED IN A FLASH, I AM REALLY PISSED ABOUT THIS DEAL. AND SAGE I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU TO. I WOULD JUST CHANGE ONE THING YOU SAID...INSTEAD WERE SCREWED.. I WOULD SAY WERE F*%KED,..RAS

I love northern California. I just hate the need of the state government to regulate virtually everything. Eventually got to my son as well as he loved the outdoor opportunities of California but tired of the constant and illogical legislation after 8 years and moved to Colorado.

Hey elkun!

We just found an easy way out if you ever want out of the RMEF!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

AND IT GETS WORSE

FOR RICHARDS, POLITICAL HITS KEEP COMING
BY PAUL LEBOWITZ
WON Staff Writer

(Updated March 2, 5:00 pm)
The forces attacking Dan Richards over a legal Idaho mountain lion hunt have opened a new front. On Thursday, Kathy Bowler, a former executive director of the California Democratic Party, filed an ethics complaint alleging Richards has violated political gifting rules.

The complaint before the California Fair Political Practices Commission charges that Richards' hunt had a retail value of $6,800, far exceeding the allowed $480 annual limit.

Joseph Peterson, manager of the Flying B Ranch where Richards shot his cougar, told WON that Richards traveled to the ranch to hunt upland birds. The 5,000 acre ranch has a lot of mountain lions, and they're decimating the local deer herd. "In the last year, I've seen 6, 8, 10 cats myself while I'm out working," Peterson said.

When ideal hunting conditions presented themselves, the plan changed. "It was an extra favor to me. He was helping in wildlife management here on my ranch," Peterson said.

A source who spoke on condition of anonymity said that Richards provided a service, thus, it wasn't a gift. The complaint seems to be a further attempt to dirty Richards' name, as so far his attackers have not been able to claim any transgression over than an action they personally find distasteful.

Meanwhile, the invective continues to fly. According to the San Jose Mercury News, State Sentator Pro-Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, said "This guy has acted as a jackass. When you hold a high public position, you have a responsibility to act with decorum."

Richards took to the radio airwaves of the KFI John and Ken Show, where he fired back at the Humane Society, the animal rights group at the head of the effort behind the calls for Richards' ouster.

"They are constantly trying to shut down fishing and hunting and anything associated with it in the state," Richards said.

Richards maintains he has done nothing wrong.

Tom Harman, R-Orange County, one of a group of ten state senators who signed a letter in support of Richards on Thursday, called him "the prey in a politically driven hunt that has nothing to do with the legal taking of a lion in Idaho and more to do with a political agenda of animal rights activists and environmentalists."

Harman warned that the legislative removal of a commissioner over a legal matter could have far-reaching repercussions.

"If the legislature can remove someone from a commission for essentially no reason other than they find the person's activities distasteful, what message does it send to equally dedicated individuals serving on other boards and commissions around the state? How many other commissioners will end their independent thinking to conform with political ties in an attempt to keep their jobs?" he asked.

"This uncalled for push... is an unprecedented attempt to stack the commission in favor of liberal interests, much to the chagrin of those with differing views," he added.

Meanwhile, the NRA Legislative Institute issued an action alert on Richards' behalf. "Those demanding his removal are the same who most often claim that tolerance is essential in government. The reality is they are "tolerant" only of those beliefs and activities with which they agree," the NRA statement said in part.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation joined in with a letter of support.

The FFPC is the same body that refused to sanction Fish and Game Commissioner Michael Sutton for participating in votes in which he was alleged to have conflicts of interest. Sutton, an employee of the Monterey Bay Aquarium, made numerous votes related to proposed Marine Life Protection Act plans overseen in part by Meg Caldwell, who at the time served as both a member of the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force and the Monterey Bay Aquarium Board of Trustees.
POSTED BY BRADLEY ON 03/02/2012 AT 3:39 PM COMMENTS (1) TRACKBACKS (0)

-John Wayne

Thanks for the email address, he got a letter telling him that he has lost several votes in future elections for his letter to Daniel Richards.

RELH

We left that sorry state six years ago after retirement. Couldn't live up to "California values". Fifty eight years and it all seems like a waste of time now.

HERE IS THE WAY THESE CLOWN'S LOOK AT IT I THINK.IT IS FINE THAT ARE FORMER LEADER OF THIS COUNTRY GETS A B.J.IN THE OVAL OFFICE AND SPOADIES ALL OVER THE INTERNS DRESS ITS FINE LEAVE HIM THERE. THIS GUY GOES ON A LEGAL HUNT HELPS THE GUY OUT WITH A LION PROBLEM, HARVEST A LION (KILL), TRYING TO BE POLITCALLY CORRECT, AND THEY WANT TO FIRE HIM, WHAT THE FREAK IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE. RAS...

I love it I hope they get so many damn lions in that state they start eating every liberal SOB that lives there. Any self respecting conservative that works there has a business there should move to another state and see how they fair with out you.

"WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW" "REVOLUTION
BECOMES DUTY" unknown

Windage and elevation pilgrim windage and elevation

Some of you need to climb down off that high horse you been riding. The libs are growing in numbers as we speak, not just Calif but in all the Western States and Political battles like this will soon be in your own states like it or not!

Politics aside, I love where i live and at 58 years old, i'd challenge many of you Cali haters out there to have had a more varied and quality total outdoor hunting and fishing lifestyle than i and many others here have had these past 40+ years.

My letters, e-mails, and phone calls have been sent but i ain't done yet. This whole issue should be a non-issue, it's pure B.S!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>Some of you need to climb
>down off that high horse
>you been riding. The libs
>are growing in numbers as
>we speak, not just Calif
>but in all the Western
>States and Political battles like
>this will soon be in
>your own states like it
>or not!
>
>Politics aside, I love where i
>live and at 58 years
>old, i'd challenge many of
>you Cali haters out there
>to have had a more
>varied and quality total outdoor
>hunting and fishing lifestyle than
>i and many others here
>have had these past 40+
>years.
>

I can fully agree with that statement Sage, but it IS getting worse here at a rapid rate.
I'd leave ASAP if I could pry my wy wife away from family here.
I'm urging my son to leave before he gets stuck.

HH & Son
Our Album

http://salmonella.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Hunting/16530223_FVSTX#1244512056_6dgXi

+1 They the left are going to get worse with all the new laws they can impose on us without the vote of the citizens of CA.

+1 SAGE BEING ONE YEAR YOUNGER THAN YOU I SHARED THE SAME LIFESTYLE. AND I DONT PLAN ON LEAVING, I'M GOING TO STICK AROUND AND BE A BIG THORN IN THE ARSE OF THESE ONE WAY MINDED P.O.S., AND YOU ARE RIGHT THIS PROBLEM WILL MIGRATE EAST OF US,WE JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE BREEDING GROUND OF THESE FOOLS....RAS

WOW. Is the intellectual bar so low in Cali that this kind of reasoning has an audience? I'm so glad I left.

This new method of censorship by demonization is disgusting.

Longshooter, I didn't judge your quality of life nor did i ever call your state of residence a "worthless broke a$$ state".I believe i said i'd compare the quality and varied opportunities i've had in the outdoors with anyone's. Say what you will of Calif but the hunting and fishing here the last 50 years or so has been outstanding if a guy wanted and knew how to go about it. True, it is getting worse as the libs gain control and don't allow our game departments to do their jobs but i myself can't complain of what we've had.
Speaking of climbing down off that high horse, you are one that the saying fits perfectly. I can understand if i was gar mouthing your state and you wanted to call me out for it, but what gives you the right to come here and say what you did of me and my state? You know little of me or the parts of the state that i have lived.

BTW, most of my friends have offered to trade places with me but i'll pass. I own my own business, my home is paid for, i have no bills other than utilities, and i live, hunt, and fish, in one of the most beautiful places that God saw fit to exist. Other than getting older, not such a bad life...all in Calif!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Longshooter you should be the last one talking about living in a worthless state. Your state has it share of libs and from the bitching we hear you utards do concerning your hunting being all screwed up. Well you get the drift.
I also live in the mountains of Northern CA. not to far from Joey and there is not a place in your home state that I would trade for. I have deer, turkeys, quail, on my property, within 100 yards of a good size creek filled with trout. 8 lakes and three rivers all withing 15-60 minute drive of my home. Somehow I do not think you can match that where you live.

RELH

See elkun!

You shoot the Kitty!

You get your Ass fired!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I believe i said i'd
>compare the quality and varied
>opportunities i've had in the
>outdoors with anyone's. Say what
>you will of Calif but
>the hunting and fishing here
>the last 50 years or
>so has been outstanding if
>a guy wanted and knew
>how to go about it.
>True, it is getting worse
>as the libs gain control
>and don't allow our game
>departments to do their jobs
>but i myself can't complain
>of what we've had.
>.
, most of my friends have
>offered to trade places with
>me but i'll pass. I
>own my own business, my
>home is paid for, i
>have no bills other than
>utilities, and i live, hunt,
>and fish, in one of
>the most beautiful places that
>God saw fit to exist.
>Other than getting older, not
>such a bad life...all in
>Calif!
>
>Joey
>
>

Nailed it again Joey.

I get frustrated with the liberal politics here and the fact that my way of life makes me such a minority, but it's been a damn good ride.
Aside from those darn noisy neighbors I have.

:)

(Yesterday Morn}

031-1.jpg

034.jpg

Relh , joey, You guys really dont have a clue when it comes to longshooter you dont know me, dont know where i liv,e dont know about our ranch, where i spend my time, where i hunt etc.
Nice pic hunterharry add about 80 birds to that photo and thats what we see morning and night at the ranch.

[email protected]
[email protected]

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

Longmouth I guess you are too much of a redneck Utard and do not get the drift that we do not want to get to know you after you opened your mouth and showed how much of a idiot you are.

RELH

I've spent 9 winters in Cali over the years some north some central and some south and my bride grew up on ranches in the King City- Parkfield area. Still have her family and lots of good right thinking friends down there, loved every minute of the time spent working in Californnas beautiful ranch country, very diverse top to bottom. The only thing that sucks in your state is the politics, keep up the good fight guys!

The Hypocrite said, '...And sage as well, who the he@# do you think you are judging my quality of life, you really do need to get a life joey."

You just don't get it!! I and most people don't judge quality of life by how much game a guy has on his property, how much money a guy has in the bank, or even if my pecker is so big i have a hard time fitting into my underwares. I never judged you above here but you sure judged me. I will say that from your actions here and reading your posts these past couple years, you don't know near as much as you think you do and you would be one of the last persons i'd welcome at my camp.

Joey

> Relh , joey, You guys
>really dont have a clue
>when it comes to longshooter
>you dont know me, dont
>know where i liv,e dont
>know about our ranch, where
>i spend my time, where
>i hunt etc.
> Nice pic hunterharry add about
>80 birds to that photo
>and thats what we see
>morning and night at the
>ranch.
>
>[email protected]
>[email protected]
>
>
>'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'
Do you have any friend's in Saint George Utah?

To reply to the original post I think it is disgusting that this states liberal pieces dog chit are trying to get this guy fired for legally killing a Mt Lion. I just can't wrap my head around the mentality of most of these idiots. Mt lion are not pets or house cats.

As far as California vs Utah go well I can't believe we are even making that comparison. California has seen much better days. But even in the worst of times it is a far better place to live than Utah in its best of times. Utah, really? Utah has hunting and winter sports going for it. I would go so far to say I would rather move back to my home town of King City before moving to anywhere in Utah, and KC is a chit hole. Too funny.

JR

Me thinks that the 338 that longshooter uses has jumbled up the few brain cells that he has with the way he's always trying to stir the pot---just sayin!!! PS: I love that tagline as it would seem to be very appropriate, LOL!

Ok, yeah, i've done a lot of things, killed a whole bunch of critters, and i came here to share in that knowledge, possibly help someone not so fortunate. You got rights to be proud also, no doubt, just don't rain on my parade.

The Roper in my Family, the really good one, is my cousin not my nephew Grandma had a bunch of granddaughters but only four Grandsons. I am the oldest and Russell Cardoza is the youngest. He's been featured lately on a TV show called Stomping Ground...he married Sammy Jo, pretty good show. He also just last weekend won 2nd overall at a Guthrie Oklahoma event where there was several go rounds in 4 different timed disciplines, $32,000. We were raised in the same ranch house and neither of us ever roped no goats! :)

It goes without saying that the whole family is quite proud of young Russell's accomplishments.

Joey

>Me thinks that the 338 that
>longshooter uses has jumbled up
>the few brain cells that
>he has with the way
>he's always trying to stir
>the pot---just sayin!!! PS:
> I love that tagline
>as it would seem to
>be very appropriate, LOL!

TOPNOT, YOU START OF A POST LIKE THAT AND EXPECT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY? ME THINKS, AND ITS A 338 ULTRA IF U MUST KNOW !!!

[email protected]
[email protected]

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

Duh; the reason I did that was to show nobody takes you seriously because of your BS and I guess your retort showed you aren't any smarter than I stated with my "Me thinks", LOL!

With such abundant hunting and fishing opportunities available in Kali, Cali residents have much to lose. I've seen no better example of the sinister tactics the anti's will use to destroy Californian's sportsman heritage than this farce. Sounds to me like you have a true advocate of hunting and fishing in Daniel Richards. And he is being attacked and silenced for his beliefs.

This is an attack on our morality. He is just taking the hit. Shame this thread has digressed.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-12 AT 01:22PM (MST)[p]Pte64 said, "...Shame this thread has digressed."

Yes, +1

I like to apologist for this, my own off topic actions as well for those who saw fit to personally attack myself, other residents, or this State in General.

It's important to notice that none attacked Mr Richards or his actions and in that, i believe we, we sportsman and conservationists as a group, recognize the monstrosity of injustice that Mr. Richards is being put to test. My understanding is that this is not near over so please from whatever State, this type action against our heritage should concern all of us, send E-mails and note to the appropriate people mentioned above.

There are also a couple threads in the Cali forum that has been keeping us more informed in the day to day battle we all feel worth fighting.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom