First of the year on the ground......

CompassWestOutfitters

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-13 AT 07:44AM (MST)[p]Was a great hunt for Angie and I bet I would be on the same page and never let this 10-11 year old warhorse walk away! Great gal who busted her butt to get in shape and it paid off!

Congratulations Angie on the hunt of a lifetime!!

And a special thanks to John Gardner and Kathleen Gardner for the hard work on making this remote camp so special. And thanks to my wife for allowing me to be apart of it (she is due the 27th). And to John Angie's jealous husband who was along to watch and help pack out!

7675img_1520.jpg

5784img_1516.jpg

Chris Guikema
www.compasswestoutfitters.com

Damn fine! Beautiful photos too. Congrats crew!
Man, I wish I had a sheep hunt this year.
Zeke

I will post more info later in the year when we have time to sit down and get it all on paper. Photos as well.....

Pecos Wilderness, NM 7 day hunt, hunter was unable to hunt day 1 because she had to work Friday and was unable to get to trailhead before 10pm, this sheep was taken day 2. Sheep has been aged at 10+ we are thinking 11 but will be sending teeth off to be aged in KS. Was a great hunt for myself, to have the opportunity to hunt with both John and his wife as well as Angie and her husband. We have more sheep hunts in the next few weeks and a pile of elk hunters. Soon as I return to service I will be posting the story and more photos. I always have ask sheep hunters to keep a dairy of the weeks and months from when they draw to when they hunt, so we should have a hell of a neat story! Thanks for all the positive posts, i bet Angies face is starting to hurt from smiling so much!!!!!

Chris Guikema
www.compasswestoutfitters.com
?I do not hunt for the joy of killing but for the joy of living, and the inexpressible pleasure of mingling my life however briefly, with that of a wild creature that I respect, admire and value.? -John Madson

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom