First shed of the year, old. Next one's a little newer.

IdahoBugler

I went out trying to get some pics with the new FZ-20. Took lots of pictures and was lucky enough to find a two year old 3 point. I started noticing a few bucks that had shed so I walked around where they were at, no luck. I headed back towards the truck and started glassing a huge basin. 350 yards away I hit paydirt.

First shed of the year.
P1000159.jpg

Shed with my ugly mug.
P1000161.jpg

Can you find the fresh shed?
P1000197.jpg

How about now?
P1000198.jpg

Now?
P1000199.jpg

OK now can you see it?
P1000201.jpg

It's starting boys. You can't tell in the pic but this shed has decent mass to it.
P1000203.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Nice finds!! Good series of pictures, glad you are putting that new camera to good use.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

That is sweet . First guy to post a fresh muley shed congrats. Now your making me want to hammer the hills even more . Nice sheds thanks for sharing .

Cameron

It has been a long hard winter... to wait that it!! You are the choosen one!!! Now the season is underway for sure! When you found it, I am just courious, did you run to it? When I find sheds, I turn into a little child. Running, Screaming, I am glad that there are few people there to witness the display. Oh well, That is what shed hunting is all about!
Tanner

DK - Thanks for the kudos. I'm just learning the camera and I have taken a bunch of pictures. The day was kind of overcast and I think my pictures came out a little dark because of it. I'm still learning so I wasn't sure if I should of adjusted my exposure or not. I'll have to play around and see. I'll post some the deer pics tomorrow.

HaremMaster - I don't know about the chosen one. I was just lucky enough to glass it up while looking for old white sheds. I did see about 3-4 bucks that had shed both sides and one three point that lost one side. You know what I've had a lot of people ask me about how I react when I find them. If I feel like I'm the only one out there I will wait. If I see anybody around I get to it in a hurry. I hardly ever pick'em up right away though. I will sit there and glass around and make sure there are no others in site. Then I usually walk around looking for others as I'm heading in that direction. There has been many times where I will loss it for a little while then find it. I have lost one old 4-point (I hope it was old) but it was about 1/2 mile away across a huge basen and I never found the area it was at.

You have a good point! Where I shed hunt, the terrian is real steep and thick. You might be able to pick out a few from glassing, but we find most of ours just by scouring every inch of the mountain. There are hardly any open areas, just a few, and we find the majority of our sheds in the timber, in the bedding areas. So when we see a shed, It is usually only 20 yards away. Ohh what a rush!! I can't wait.
Tanner

I hear ya man.. I can't wait to get out again. I get so pumped like I just plicked the trigger of my release on a nice muley. Good luck to you and hope you find some biggens.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom