First Speedgoat

Skiman

It was a short hunt. Got to watch another hunter kill the buck we had been watching for a couple months. Then found this guy that turned out to be a better scoring buck. The other guys goat had a couple of inches broken off of one side. Both goats were down within 30 minutes of shooting light opening day. What a fun hunt!
Take a guess at the score for fun.

4aadb4c66b4eb132.jpg

Congrats Skiman ! We don't guess scores ''just for fun'' around here :>) Its dead serious and guys sometimes get really pissed off if you guess a score they don't like. Oh well, here goes - how 'bout 77'' ? Pretty goat. Nice job. Chip

Can't tell from that angle, but he wouldn't have a split ear would he?

Just wonderin' if my fav got blasted!

Pred

No split in either ear. Here are a couple of other pics to help with perspective. I was glad to get a couple of him on the hoof- that is always nice to have. Still no official score, I am not very versed on scoring, so I need someone with more experience to help. From what I could gather he will be very close to 80. I tried to error on the short side with my measurements (rounded down to either half or fourth, rather than eighths) and came up with 79 1/2. But that is without deductions.
4ab4307e501e0e73.jpg

4ab430ae518ab81d.jpg

4ab4318d554f3467.jpg

4ab431ac55d46005.jpg

Thanks for looking- good luck to everyone with upcoming hunts- especially the Moose. I did that last year, and although I had the time of my life, it sure was stressful.

Nice goat. I like his prongs and mass. Whatever he scores is enough.

Also thought you would have at least sent a photo of your moose to the guy who told you right where to find them. haha

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Nice looking buck congrats! i have a couple more weeks then i get to go..... After seeing your pic's i'm sure getting excited! thanks for sharing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom