Fishing on the mouth of the Salmon???

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
Hey all, thinking of taking the wheelers and the GF down Eagle creek to the Salmon river(unit 11) this weekend to do some playing around for the day. Any ideas on how fishing would be around there this weekend? I'm not much of a steelhead guy but would like to give it a go if we stand a chance of catching some fish! Also if anybody has been up on top of waha, how are the snow conditions??? Thanks!

Mike

Unless this year is unusual, you will more than likely not be able to get four wheelers down there for a month or two. If the snow freezes hard enough, then you can get down there, but you will have a hell of a time getting out once it softens up. Better try Graves Creek out of Cottonwood. I am sure there are fish in there, but the higher the better now.

Really? We went down there I want to say mid March two years ago...? Could've been later but not sure... had about 2 ft of snow or less up top but the road was easy going on a 4x4 wheeler.

Anybody else got any reports on waha snow conditions?

Mike

I don't know for sure, but was going to say about the same thing. If you can get over the top, AND BACK OUT after the snow warms up, should not be a problem. I am sure it has been packed down some what by lion hunters/horn hunters.

I would think there are still a few fish down there as well, but the better fishing should be up river from there. Sounds like you are not going over for a "fishing" trip, but more of a sight seeing/nice day, with some fishing involved.

Yeah not so much going for a fishing trip but rather just a fun day like you mentioned! Might try to find some sheds and set a gong out there and let the lady do some shooting at 700+...

Yeah I'm hoping with all this warm weather this week that the snow levels will drop considerably... Going to try and park at that big parking lot on the left by deer creek (I think thats what its called) and ride the wheelers up from there and then down eagle creek. Hopefully it won't be a big issue getting back up later in the day. I imagine most of the snow should be up high in the timber or only on the first few miles heading down eagle creek... Guess we'll find out!

Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom