Fishlake Rifle Bull

carbonnation

Things have been slow around here with all of the deer talk in Utah, so I figured I would try to post my Fishlake Bull. He is not the biggest bull, we worked hard for him.

61hunting_2010_114.jpg

7780hunting_2010_113.jpg

We nicknamed him Max after the dog in the Grich that stole christmas, because his left antler comes from between his eyes.

That is truely a once in a lifetime bull right there! That is crazy how his one side come up from the middle of his head. Congrats on a great bull by the way.

Nice job.
the Fishlake was pretty tough this year, but so were most other units in Utah.
That is a cool and unique bull. congrats!
What area did you take him in?

Wow that a cool looking set, Crazy how that side grew.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Here that! Treed
That would make a sweet euro mount! Great bull Always nice to see a crazy horn deer or elk

LAST EDITED ON Jan-01-11 AT 10:39PM (MST)[p]Antlerrick,

We shot the bull on the second to the last day on the North end of water flat where UM Creek runs toward Danish Meadows.
We got into a good herd there on opening day. Bulls were bugling like crazy and we were in the middle of them calling. Passed several bulls witht he largest being a 320 class. I was pretty optomistic that we could find a better one. Little did I know that those would be the last bulls that I would see for the next five days. It was crazy! We looked all over that mountain and even tried going back after the 320 bull, but the elk just disappeared.
Luckily a cold front moved through, and we located some bulls again. We spent the next morning in the middle of them over in the Seven Mile Circks (spelled wrong). We called in 6 bulls and two herd bulls and the biggest was a 250 class 6x6. We left the area to checks some other spots, but came up empty. The rutting activity brought on by the cold front was fading fast, so we tried to head back into the area wapiti bob called the hand, only to find six other vehicles had beat us to the spot. We headed back to UM where we were camped, and my brother and I split up to do some spotting for the evening. I went back to the area where I had passed the 320 and let out a cow call. A bull answered about a mile toward Danish Meadows, so I started hoofing it in his direction and calling. A bunch of cows started calling back on the hillside above me and they sounded close, so I walked back to watch a spring that was near by. Soon 12 cows fed out above the spring. They would eagerly respond to my cow calls, but I thought it was odd that there was no bull with them. Out of no where my bull stepped out of the trees at about 200 yards. With two days left and all the struggles we had, it didn't take long to decide to take him.
The Irony of it all is that when my brother showed up to help me get him out, he told me that just before dark he had spotted a 360 class bull.....that is hunting for ya. Could we have gotten on the bigger one? who knows, but I am just happy to have tagged out. If I couldn't get a big one, I am blessed to get a unique one. Tougher hunt that I expected, but we had fun and hope to get a chance to do it again some day.
Have to throw a shout out to KK, my brother, and other family that helped me out. thanks again guys and Kehli.
8112hunting_2010_123.jpg

Thought you would enjoy this pic. Our hunting group got split up this year as we all drew tags in different areas. From left to right, My cousin with his Pahvant archery bull, DRdeath with his Manti archery bull and my Fishlake bull.
7790hunting_2010_138.jpg

Great bull! Enjoyed the story. It was a tough year. I am glad you posted more pics. Love the last pic of the euro.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom