FOB and Atom

Bow6x6

I know this could get ugly but these two items have caught my interest. The fletching replacing FOB by Starrflight and The Atom broadhead by Arrowdynamic Solutions. I not looking for opinions. I have a technical and analytical background and can form my own opinions. I would like to hear from hunters that have actually used either of these. I like the way these two companies have done a ground up redesign and think outside the box. I've bowhunted for years and have been there done that on most all other equipment and think I can do a good job sniffing out the gimmicks. OK, enough said. Let's hear it.

Brad

check out archerytalk

They have at least 20 pages on FOBS. Probably will have something on the Atom too.

I'm willing to think outside the box too, but these are just too gimmicky for my tastes. Regular broadheads and vanes have withstood the test of time.

I have used the FOB. they preform as advertised. My problem with them was that I do not hunt from a Tree Stand. They do get hung up on the Brush and will pop off of the arrows in your quiver. That happened to me several times during elk season a few years ago. The FOB also takes some getting used to. It WILL change your anchor point, and It will likely contact your face. Some guys claim to like this and use it as a "kisser" button. I did not care for it my self. There is some argument about noise. They are for sure louder to the shooter, but the though is that because they are a tunnle it is directed back at the shooter, and not off to the side or towards the animal.
They will spin a large fixed blade BH very well. That is all they ever claim to do.

The Atom BH sure looks like a gimik to me. I would have to see some real independent "science" testing on those things before I ever considered sending them at a deer or elk.

The Atom broadhead is for real, I have two buddies that each shot a cow elk and deer and had complete pass thrus and enormous blood trails......they fly just like his field tips.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom