? for Bura Nut (Tripods)

T

TwoPointDN

Bura Nut sounds like you found some bucks. Any in the country we talked about. Anyway I lost some of my notes and need to now where you got your tripod from. Sound like I need to call you again. Good luck. Thanks

David: Like Lv2hnt says, I have one kinda back ordered from Jim White once he gets more Velbons in. Right now I am using a Slik 2000 that I found from a camera shop on the internet. I paid somewhere around 40.00 for it. I found it by typing in tripods then searching for the brand Slik. I will try and find the name of the store and post it here. I like the tripod, its light and quiet. I hope to scout the weekend of the 2nd and see if these bucks were bumped by anyone. For right now, go into the web and search under Slik Tripods and there will be quite a few camera shops that sell them......Talk to you soon.... Thanks, Allen......

hey buranut

post ur hunting trip pictures with ur son..doesn't matter if its small or big...but still..ur son first antelope...must be awesome to see him shot one...

potatoe whisper...- yours too.....

show us.....

vinihunt

Vini: hopefully PW and his lady come over tonight and bring their webcamera thing so we can post our stuff and my antelope from last year. I just havent figured out all of the scanning and computer stuff. As for inexpensive tripods, I just looked up Slik Tripods on the internet and one store, J&R 800-806-1115 sells the Slik 2000 for 19.88 and they have a bunch of other ones. I also looked at one 6600 that supposedly has a fluid head etc.... for around 45.00. anyway, you can get an inexpensive one for hunting and then have Jim White customize one with the swivel head etc. That is what I am going to do Allen......

Ok...I have last years antelope on the computer. I will get this yeears developed and put on a disc this weekend...it's part of my things to do...we'll get them posted. WE need to get Allen's stuff done as well...

I havee a smaller Slik tri-pod and it works well, but I think the legs are a little weak, and bow when you rest a little on them, I'm going to get the 2000 cause it's sturdier and can take a little more of a beating.

Getting my new bow tomorrow (Mathews Ultra 2) and the binos in a week or so!

Scott

Thanks for the info on the tripods. Bura I found the Swarovski 10x42 slc for $799 and the 15x56's for $1149 and leica 1200 range finders for $393 on HotBuysBinoculars.Com getting ready to order them so I hope there is on better deals out there. These hunt is starting to cost a lot. By the time I get done I may as well of got DA to guide me. Any way good luck and thanks.
PS got me antilope in Wyoming this year too. Got him with my bow he scores about 71 which will make him my first book animal.

Sounds like those prices are pretty good. I think you made all the right choices, I need a good range finder, I just have the bushnell 600 yarder and it acts up a bit. A huge congrats on your antelope, I bet you are pumped. I will scout this next weekend then my hunt is on me. Hopefully a few of the bucks are still where they have been. I will keep you posted on what I see, and hopefully what you are investing in will pay off over the years, just make sure and glass with a purpose/intent to look around/through everything with your tripod mounted bino's. Also, you can put the little adapter nipple on your 10x42's and use them on the same tripod adapter as the 15x's. p.s. I am getting another doubler this next week to see how the 15x's work with two doublers. I hope this works like a 30x pair of bino's......., Allen......

Bura Nut I got your voice mail on my cell phone I will try to give you a call some time soon. I am swamped with work right now. I have a full time jod as a truck drive for the city, and try to run my own business which consists of landscaping, vending,and taxidermy. Your hunt is getting close. I still have a month and a half to wait.

I have photos...now we need to get a host to post them...any suggestions?

Scott G.

I got me tripod a few days ago and used it today with my 15's. I love this set up I put eyegards on a 23-24 inch Muley at 400-500 yards and it was cold with alittle snow coming down. It is nice to not have to hold then and shiver. Also saw deer so far away I did not want to go after them. Today anyway. Thanks for all the advice on my new equitment. Hope that it pays off for me on my coues hunt in Dec. Hope Bura nut finds me a good spot down there. J/K I will give you a call bura when I here that you get home with your Grand slam buck. If you have not got my reply on one of the other post I have to say you will be talking on the phone about your hunt for 2-3 years and reading all the replies on here for 4-5 years so I'll talk to you in 6-8 years.J/K hope sooner

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom