Ford super duty onwers

SneakAttack

Very Active Member
Do any of you Ford boys know how to disable the selt belt dinger and the 'You left your keys in the ignition' dinger? My new work truck is driving me crazy. Even when the truck is in park does the seat belt sonova gunin' thing go off. I can't take it any more. Please advise. Thanks

'It's all about the gut pile'

I tells you how in the owners manual. You have to jump through a few hoops but it worked for me on my 2005.

There is a plug right under the drivers seat, I unplugged that and it doesn't make that sound anymore. Try that!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-06 AT 10:49AM (MST)[p]I have an 02' and pressing the seatbelt release for a few seconds after startup, or when it starts dinging stops it.

Of course you have to do this everytime you start up. I'll look at the under-seat plug. Sounds like the way to go.

Depends on what year model. But Blueoak is right, it is in the owners manual, and it is easy to do.

Just go to the junkyard and buy a buckle and just leave that in the
seatbelt latch when you want to.

Thanks guys. After rummaging around under the dash this morning, all I could come up with was to get a bigger hammer. I'll try thr plug next.

ps. Always wear your seat belt!

In order for those bells and whistles to go off, you would have to actually get out of your truck, and we both know that isn't happening!

Rut

Good thinkin' Roy, thanks for the help.

Rutt, if I wanted any chit from you, I'd scrape your teeth. }>

Come on man, you know I don't need the belt on when I'm glassing deer.

Nice turk by the way.

SneakAttact...

You can go to your owners manual and it will walk you thru step by step on how to disable the seat-belt dinger (worked on my 2004 SD), don't know about the keys in the ignition dinger.

NOTHING PISSES ME OFF WORSE THAN A DINGER!!!

WELL,MAYBE THE AUTO-LOCKS DINGER!!!

MAYBE THE SEAT BELT DINGER!!!

ANY OF THEM FRICKEN DINGERS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING FOR 40-50k THERE OUGHT TO BE AN ON/OFF SWITCH ON EVERYONE OF THEM!!!

I looked in my owners manual to learn how to disconnect the dingers on my Toyota Tacoma. Nothing there, so I asked the dealer. He said it was illegal for him to tell me! It has to be there as a seatbelt reminder. It sounds like he was blowing smoke if it's in the Ford manuals!

The one I hate most is when you open the door with the key in the ignition. I tried taping down the little button in the door jam down but it doesn't last very long. It has a pretty strong spring.

I guess I'll just live with it....or buy a Ford! I'll live with it!:)

Steve

Did any of you hear of the story about how all these people were trying to figure out how to get this one truck thru the tunnel? They were all talking and arguing on what they can do. A little boy came up and suggested, "Why don't you just let some air out of the tires?". Hence, they did and the truck could get through!
Got that from "Working Girl", if you haven't noticed.

Anyways, just unplug what is underneath the seat.

the ford dealer here told me to unhook the wires under the seat disabled the air bag????? but they helped me with cutting the wires on the key. just take steering colum cover off and cut alarm wires. im interested about the seat belt alarm also, i always wear one but not till after opening he gate.

I'm not sure about the Ford for sure, but the dealer could be right about the air-bag being disabled. I used to just unplug the connector under the seat in all of my cars. However, my old 2005 Scion xB had a 3-wire connector which I had never seen before. This represented 2 sets of contacts, 1 for the seat belt contact and 1 for the weight sensor (to enable the airbags). If you can get to it and know how to use a multi-meter, check the wires with the buckle out and with the buckle in, this will be a sure-fire way to know which wires control the seat-belt light and the 'dinger'. Also, there are many sites out there to help you do this exact thing. Just google it..

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/beltminder.php

http://www.obd-codes.com/howto/beltminder.php

-Lucas :)~

Sneak,
I can see it is going to be a very productive day for you today!

The turkey hunt was a fun one, should be my bros turn this year.

Rut

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-06 AT 07:43AM (MST)[p]Oh you know I'm gonna try that route.
Thanks Luc

Just hope nobody see's me, they'll think I'm and OCD with turrets...

Buckle, un buckle, buckel, lights on, off, on, off....

Rutt, tell big bro I'll do a european on his turkey for a fair price.

I will guarantee you that it wasn't illegal to disable the alarm in my 2004 f-250 and the instructions are in the manual. Lot of guys think it didn't work because the dinger goes off for a few seconds when you first start up but it goes off right away. If you can't find the directions send me a PM and I will dig them out.

it's not thats it is illegal...it's a huge liability for a dealer to show anyone how to disable anything safety related.
i wouldn't do it either. i've pretty much seen it all in the car biz and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if i told someone how to disable their seatbelt warning, they get in a wreck and break their neck and then blame us because they "forgot" to put on their seatbelt.
chrysler explains how to do it in the owners manual, not sure about ford.
the other thing is that most newer vehicles now have weight classification passenger seats. if they sense any weight on the seat, they decide that seatbelt should be on too, so you would have to do something on that side too if you are riding around with gear or whatever on passenger seat

Well, I found the wires (2) with connector under the drivers side seat. (My 2003 Tacoma). Before I disconnected I called the dealer. He said they were for the seatbelt warning dinger only. 99% of the time my seatbelt is fastened so I have no problem with that. I'll probably go to a junk yard and get an end that fits for those times when I won't wear it.

The dinger that won't let me open the door with the ignition key in, is the one I hate. The dealer said it is about a 4 hur job to get in and disable that one. I think my best bet is to lock down the button on the door jam somehow fooling the damn thing into thinking the door is closed. Duct tape works but only for a short period.

I hate to go in there and start snipping wires this close to opening day!:)

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom