Forest closures coming to a Western state near you!

Snoopdogg

Long Time Member
Well, I don't know if this is good or bad, but Kali's (Pacific Region) supervisor just got appointed to head of US Forest Service. He's come to the table for meetings with CDA/MDF/RMEF/MCBA/etc., over the years. But, he was the man who closed EVERYTHING down last year.

His staffers told me he was retiring, but I guess things change. Not looking good for us Californian's or Western hunters. I know various closures are already in place in various states, but last year it went wholesale in Kali.

"If the forests continue to be closed, Lehr said the department may need to consider bumping back the state’s big game seasons from their traditional August through October dates to later in the fall."

“I think it has to be part of the conversation if this becomes the new norm,” he said.

Here we go, politicians thinking again.

Most of the large private tracts of forest land have already been closed down this year, I'm sure it's only a matter of time until the Fed's close public lands. Remember, the people in government making these decisions are no friends of hunters especially.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom