founder and snakes

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
looks like we found the snake you saw founder!

1594snake.jpg

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

There are no big bucks in Utah! LOL

That snake looks to be close to 7 ft almost, give or take a few inches. Snake like that could hurt you really bad. I agree that would haunt me for an entire hunt as well. That was one thing I wouldn't have to contend with when I was in Alaska, just bears and wolves. Have those here in New Mexico with the snakes man.
WVBOWAK

Please tell me that dude didn't rely on those "snake boots" for safety......

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-10 AT 12:27PM (MST)[p]You're right slam. A snake that big stands a good chance at breaking the bones of the lower leg of a person if they get the right amount of speed and hit the right spot.
WVBOWAK

It's obviously a BIG rattler, but don't let the camera angle fool you. It's not quite as big as it looks in the photo. They used a wide angle lens, held the snake close to the camera while the guy stood back and held it away from his body with a stick. It's a typical "trophy photo" trick we all use to make our animals look bigger.

Well trick photo or not, them boots are only 12"! Lol

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

Photoshop...if that was real, it would be the largest Rattler EVER captured,...by far.

Alive and that size, I'd guess it would bring about $100k from a serious collector.

I guess that goofy bastard doesn't think a snake that size could strike above his boots?}>}>}>

Should we lone him the snake killer punk?

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Eastern Diamondback

"Description: The eastern diamondback rattlesnake is the largest of the 32 species of rattlesnake currently recognized. They are large, heavy-bodied snakes with large, broad heads with two light lines on the face. Adults are usually 33-72 in (84-183 cm) long, but the largest individual on record was 96 in (244 cm). Mature snakes can tip the scales at over 10 lbs. The background color is brown, tan, or yellowish and covered with the namesake diamonds, which are brown and surrounded by lighter scales. Males are larger than females"

this snake was killed in middle Georgia. pushing 8 feet. guy just cut off the rattles and left it there. what a shame!!

more info on GON.com

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-10 AT 08:32PM (MST)[p](Recieved this email last year)

Free use of Land for DEER Hunting with stand...

on a piece of land where there are plenty of deer roaming around.. I put up a stand in a nice place where several game trails cross. But, due to some incurred obstacles getting to the stand I've decided to forgo any more attempts
at bagging a trophy deer this year ..So, if anybody wants my deer stand for the rest of the year, it's open to any one who would like to take a stab at it......

My heart can't take another day like last Saturday.

3272image001.jpg

223image002.jpg

4409image003.jpg

I will pass on the offer. thanks for the invite BUT I got some dusting to do or something.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I will pass also. Im sure i could find something else to do. If its one thing in life i dont do... its snakes especially them ones with rattles.

I will take it. I need a new pair of rattlesnake skin covered boots. LOL. How many was there? I counted 10 or was my eyes off, they sorta ran together, like a herd of zebras.
WVBOWAK

Also did you ride a wheelie all the way back to the truck until you got the load off of the rack of the wheeler?
WVBOWAK

There was 10 of them, Private land lease, on a trail bushhogged to a food plot.
Great place, lots of rabbit's and squirrels. kind of wierd as it is on a sand hill with mostly red and white oak's, not swampy at all. was bushhogged because of all the stinging nettles.

Im pretty sure that snake i saw was that big, and really mean.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom