Free High Fence Hunt

Maxxy

So I read and read all the debates, EVERY year about high fence hunts, and the pros and cons and who would and who wouldn't.

So for all those that say they wouldn't (in my opinion, the majority of MM posters), would you if the hunt was free and you could shoot WHATEVER animal you would like, (no limitations on size), all free of charge???

Yea. Then I'd go out and shoot a great big fat cow, or yearling calf, just to see the look on the "guides" face! That must be a job you could be proud to say you have, a guide on a high fence hunt. Seriously, wouldn't interest me in the slightest.

yes .i would try it. for fallow deer. i would like to see if it is as easy as cwmus.... or antelope island.????

//

Heck yea! Even if they are all zipped up on hormones or whatever they use, those monster horns everywhere whitetails look crazy amazing. I've never shot a whitetail, so one of those would be hard to pass up, just to have it hanging for eye candy.

Heck ya. I'd pre-arrange the sell of the meat to the local she-she market here in SoCal. $6.99/lb x 250lb. Plus I'd sell the antlers to someone for a couple hundred bucks. I'd make money on the deal and put that towards a real hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-11 AT 08:37PM (MST)[p]Not unless it was thousands of acres such that the animals had the same chance as if there was no fence involved!!!

Yup. As long as they are managed as open range fenced hunts they can't be ant different than a limited entry unit. Something I've learned is the government can't do anything right that includes managment.

Yup. There are all kinds of high fence hunts from buffalo in the dakotas to african plains game on huge fenced ranches in Texas.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I definately would take that offer. Since this is all hypothetical, I would kill a Narwhal. Always wanted a tusk from one, but as far as I know only the native tribes can hunt them.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-11 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]I would never hunt a high fence. It's a joke! Yes, I have lots of experience with high fence ranches. I have two friends who both have high fence ranches and both sell hunts from 5k-50k. I've been on both ranches 25+ times and can say, it is NOT a hunt. I've sat in the blinds to shoot video and get good camera photos of big bucks and exotics. These deer have no predators and aren't living in a natural environment.

I've turned down the opportunity to shoot an ear tagged deer in a high fence. I would rather shoot a low fence 140" 10 pt than shoot a high fence 190" 12pt. There is nothing to brag about shooting a deer out of a pen

like stated before i may do it if i could sell the horns make money off it and pay for a real hunt.

but truthfully i wouldnt have the slightest interest in mounting it or anything. iy would be sold to go towards something else.

Sure ill never pass up a chance to shoot something. It might not be very rewarding, exciting but it would still be fun. Then I'd probably post it on MM

yup, sure would and end up giving even more meat away to friends and family.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

hell yes I would, nothing like target practice on live animals. Not to mention all the meat in the freezer.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-11 AT 06:04PM (MST)[p]5 acres: Nope

10,000 acres: Sure.

Life is not all black and white, there are lots of grey areas.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

"No amount of acreage changes the fact that its not a fair chase hunt.
NO"

It might not be considered fair chase if you want to enter the animal in the B&C Book, but I can guarantee that if you made that statement without that qualification like you did, then IMHO you don't know what you're talking about!

TOPGUN your opinion means absolutely nothing to anyone here.When you come to terms with this maybe you can move on.

I have said it before and I will say it again.

In the world we live in, using the term "fair chase" is hypocritical and foolish.

You tell me the difference between ambushing a buck in a 5 acre, public land meadow or ambushing a buck on a 5k acre ranch.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

MTSHEDHEDZ (186 posts)
Dec-11-11, 06:48 PM (MST)
25. "RE: Free High Fence Hunt"
TOPGUN your opinion means absolutely nothing to anyone here.When you come to terms with this maybe you can move on.

Since when do you speak for EVERBODY on this website? Your opinion is no better or worse than mine, so thank you, but I'll stay right here and keep commenting and stating my opinions on anything I feel like. If you don't like em, don't read em!!!

BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. I have two animals that I have shot on HF ranches. I shot a Aoudad and Oryx. I probably will not book another hunt on a HF ranch. I want a bull elk like crazy. I have been three times to colorado and had tag soup everytime. I think most of you are right in the aspect that it's really not hunting. But as long as it helps the overall industry I'm all for it.

>Since when do you speak for
>EVERBODY on this website?
>Your opinion is no better
>or worse than mine, so
>thank you, but I'll stay
>right here and keep commenting
>and stating my opinions on
>anything I feel like.
>If you don't like em,
>don't read em!!!
>
You just got done telling me I didnt know wtf I was talking about but NOW our opinions have equal validity?Make up your mind.

I'd like to kill a buffalo (bison) some day so I guess it's the only way I'll get it done. I don't like canned hunts. They're not for me. I can only hope that when I hunt buff it's on a BIG ranch and not a 5 acrs pasture.
I suppose my answer is yes, with reservations.
Zeke

What's so hard to figure out there Einstein (Mr Shedz)? I might not agree with your statement and that's why I said what I did because you evidently haven't done it to make that statement. Just because I said what I did doesn't mean that your opinion doesn't hold as much weight on the thread as mine, even though your'e wrong, LOL! You probably won't figure this explanation out either, so let's just say we disagree and forget it!

Wrong again,I have.I shot an Axis buck on a HF ranch near Mountian Home TX when I was 11,the hunt was a gift from a friend of my Fathers who owned the ranch.I knew the moment we stepped on that place it wasnt hunting and it was the worst "hunting" experience Ill ever have.If you have limited opportunties and it doesnt bother you go for it but I wouldnt do it again if you paid me.HF hunting fuels the anti movement,its their one argument that really gets attention from people who dont have an opinion either way.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-11 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]
I know you said you hunted up in the Hill country of Texas and those are mostly smaller places and not what I'm talking about if you would try to comprehend what I'm saying. I've hunted low fence places up there, as well as down in south Texas for many years. Read my lips---those high fence places up in that area are NOT what we are talking about when we say you can have a fair chase hunt with a high fence. I'm talking about a place that has thousands of acres like the one next to where I used to hunt that was 30,000 acres. Don't tell me that place wasn't a fair chase situation because there are deer on a place that big that don't know what a human being is and it's so big they and you would never know the fence is there. Canned hunts is more of what you're talking about where the animal has little or no chance of not being shot and I agree with you 100% on those types of places. I'd never hunt that type of place and won't hunt the big ones where it is fair chase because they are too expensive. If you would go up to the top of this thread and read my first post, it pretty well explains my position.

Hate to break it to you gun if the animal CAN'T escape it's NOT fairchase. I dont care if its 1 acre or 30k.

>Hate to break it to you
>gun if the animal CAN'T
>escape it's NOT fairchase.
>I dont care if its
>1 acre or 30k.

I want to see you chase one on a ranch that big and get it...because what you are saying is no matter what, you will.

I believe you're wrong Deerlove! Fair chase to most hunters, I believe, means when an animal can or can't be entered into the P&Y or B&C records and I could give a rip about the "BOOK"! The record books, IMHO, have done as much or more to ruin sport hunting than anything I can think of. Fair chase, IMO, can be done on places of varying size depending on what the animal is and the terrain/cover on said property. An example might be a hog hunt in swamps that are on several hundred acres of property, where you would need many thousands of acres to hunt elk the way they can move several miles in just a few minutes. Just my opinion, but I know there are a lot of people that feel as I do, whetehr they hunt on those places or not.

I have seen low fence ranches where the hunts were easier than some bigger acreage high fence hunts. With the drought this year, ranchers were pouring out feed every evening in the Texas Hill country and the deer would come pouring out of the woods to eat right behind the truck.

And even when they were not specifically coming to feed, they had to spend a lot more hours hunting for food to stay alive, so they are way easier to find and aren't nearly as wild. Just today, I fed the horses at daybreak and a wild whitetail doe was standing across a low fence on my property and even though I walked within 20 yards of her, she didn't back off. She wanted to get any feed the horses dropped. Would I shoot her? Nope, even though she would has every chance legally according to "fair chase".

So should we not hunt down here this year because it is too easy? That is what each person has to decide for himself: is this hunting or is this killing. And he/she has to live with the decision.

As far as axis. I would probably run one in a chute and cut its throat to get some meat. Hunting? Not a chance. Fair chance. Course not, but I LOVE axis meat more than beef (so does my wife) so I use a different yardstick for "killing" an axis.

All that aside, I would never go on what I consider a "canned hunt" no matter what, even for axis. As stated above about getting a bull elk. I could have had a 350+ bull elk on my wall long ago for less money than I have spent going after one on public land. But shooting one in a high fence would give me NO pleasure and I could never hang one killed like that in my living room. So, until that fatefull day when a big-un bull steps out, I am content to look at the raghorns on my wall and remember the HUNT!

txhunter58

I have a followup question:

If you were offered a free tag for a moutain goat or bighorn sheep in Colorado, would you take it and go on the hunt?

Many of those hunts are pretty easy other than getting to the places where the animals live. Since so few tags are given, and the goats and sheep are exposed to many hikers all year long, they really aren't that wild. I see pictures ever year of hikers walking within easy shooting distance of goats and I have personally been close to quite a few bighorns that didn't run even though they saw me

But they are certainly fair chase.........

txhunter58

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-11 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]The thing that bugs me is this:

A lot of people associate the words high fence with pens and canned hunts. It seems to come more from people here out west that didn't grow up around it.

There is BIG difference between a high fence and a pen.

Is pen hunting wrong.......##### yeah it is!

Is a 10,000 acre HF ranch wrong....not really. It is dependant on the animals themselves.

it is not a "hunt" so therefore hunters do not do them free or otherwise.

the answer would be HELL NO!

>it is not a "hunt" so
>therefore hunters do not do
>them free or otherwise.
>
>the answer would be HELL NO!
>

Its exactly that attitude that is killing hunting.

>stay behind the fence Z....suits me
>fine.

So what you are saying is you are somehow superior to other hunters? I thought we were all the same as long as we were ethically sound.

Z and Gun we love guys like you, it keeps you guys hunting pens and staying out of our way on getting real tags.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-11 AT 11:20AM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-11
>AT 05:13?PM (MST)

>
>
>I know you said you hunted
>up in the Hill country
>of Texas and those are
>mostly smaller places and not
>what I'm talking about if
>you would try to comprehend
>what I'm saying. I've
>hunted low fence places up
>there, as well as down
>in south Texas for many
>years. Read my lips---those
>high fence places up in
>that area are NOT what
>we are talking about when
>we say you can have
>a fair chase hunt with
>a high fence. I'm
>talking about a place that
>has thousands of acres like
>the one next to where
>I used to hunt that
>was 30,000 acres. Don't
>tell me that place wasn't
>a fair chase situation because
>there are deer on a
>place that big that don't
>know what a human being
>is and it's so big
>they and you would never
>know the fence is there.
> Canned hunts is more
>of what you're talking about
>where the animal has little
>or no chance of not
>being shot and I agree
>with you 100% on those
>types of places. I'd
>never hunt that type of
>place and won't hunt the
>big ones where it is
>fair chase because they are
>too expensive. If you
>would go up to the
>top of this thread and
>read my first post, it
>pretty well explains my position.
>
bLA bLA BLA defend it anyway you need to make it Ok for you,I know the difference and so do most hunters.HF is for "hunters" who want someone else to do all the work and cant stand the thought of doing the work and not taking home their "trophy".Id rather go on unsuccesful hunts the rest of my life than shoot another piece of livestock like I did as a kid in TX,it was no small ranch,it was 14 sections,doesnt matter if it was 2000 sections they came to the feeders when they came on.HF hunting is the worst thing we have going against us right now,especially with tards like Nugent putting it out there for everyone to see.If you cant see how it hurts hunting in the public eye you probably just dont give a damn.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-11 AT 11:49AM (MST)[p]
You both are full of dodo, especially when one says you know the difference and so do "most hunters". Speak for yourself, but don't say "most hunters" because you have no idea what the "majority" think about the issue. Go on a canned hunt and you'll have the animal you paid for in a fairly short period of time as most of those "killings" come with a guarantee! Go on a 30,000 acre place that is fenced or not for a trophy whitetail buck and you probably won't kill him in a morning or afternoon hunt. You may not even see one in a lengthy hunt and that's why it is fair chase, regardless of what the "BOOKS" require. Do you think a buck you're stalking in the middle of a 30,000 acre ranch is going to run until he hit the perimeter fence? That's more than highly doubtful as he doesn't have to go 100 yards most of the time where I'm talking about to elude a person, and that's if they even see him to begin with! FYI the reason "fair chase" is defined as such in P&Y and B&C requirements is because it's impossible to define what is or isn't the proper amount of acreage for a particular animal to survive and be "hunted" ethically. Therefore, both organizations came up with the blanket policy that no matter what the acreage, they will not allow a high fence animal in the records. That is the only logical way they could do it and keep a semblance of order. FYI Mr Shedz, that place in Texas you mentioned is probably considered a "ranchette" by most down there, LOL, and your one place undoubtedly had various feeders all over to bring in those exotics that might not survive without them. That, no doubt, from what you have stated, and I would agree, was basically a canned hunt. I'm talking about a big spread that is run just like a low fence operation and because it's so big there is basically no difference in hunting them. The only reason the high fence is there is probably to keep people out and also to allow them to properly manage the property properly for total number of animals so it doesn't exceed carrying capacity, there is a proper buck to doe ratio, genetice are affected in a positive way, etc. It's amazing how many thousands of "hunters that know the difference" are flocking to those places in Texas, for example! As I stated more than once, I have never hunted on any type of high fenced place, but I've hunted close enough to a bunch of them to know what I'm talking about. Have either of you, besides that one "canned hunt" Mr. Shedz went on when you were a kid, been on or even close to a big place like I'm talking about that is just for native American game and not exotics? Ted Nugent is a good spokesman for gun ownership, but the guy just likes to kill anything that walks and a lot of it is in places like the YO Ranch in the Hill country of Texas. That ranch and others like it are not representative of what I am talking about when we say "high fence". I will heartedly agree that his show, especially if watched by antis, sure doesn't help our cause because then they will stretch the envelope just like you are to "all" high fence places! Anyway, it's not the antis we need to worry about because they already have a preconceived notion about hunting and nothing will change their goofy attitudes.

Why dont you start a poll here and see what the majority thinks,Ive seen plenty of them before.Stalking?You mean sitting in a box blind overlooking either fo0d or water?Its really simple,if it lives behind a fence it cant jump its not fair chase.

High fence is not a true hunt. There are 3 ranches within 30 miles of my house, 2 of those are owned by friends. Another friend has a 25,0000 acre HF ranch in south Texas around San Angelo. The guys make a one week trip to the 25k ranch and ALL come back with 150"+ deer every year. Let's see a group of 8 hunters do that on a low fenced area, year in and year out. Had a couple friends go down and help shoot 100 doe's off of it last year. They said you would see 30-50 deer at any stand, every morning and evening. Said it didn't feel like they were even hunting, but just killing. Now let's talk about one of the ranches up here by my house. You want to kill "Quad Drop"? I know what feeder he comes to. The deer was 246" last year. How about a typical 12 that goes 200"? I know what stand he comes by also. If you have deep pockets, these deer can be yours.

HF deer are just really expensive livestock. These deer are pumped full of protein and feeders are dumping feed year round. There are a lot of AI that goes on. Deer with bad genetics in the neighboring property can't breed YOUR stock because they can't get to YOUR doe's. There is a high fence in the way. Neighbors can't shoot your 4.5 year old buck you've managed like they can on a low fence. A car can not run over a buck you've been watching all year because of a HF. So yes, in my opinion these deer in a 5k-30k HF are just well managed livestock. Anybody can shoot a monster in a highfence. Let's see if anybody can kill a BC or PY out of a high fence

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-11 AT 11:58AM (MST)[p]That sure isn't the way it was down in all the areas of the brush country of south Texas where I hunted low fence near several high fence ranches for a couple decades until I quit when Dad got too old to continue hunting about ten years ago (just lost him 5 days before he turned 89 in September). I would not argue with anything you stated in your post if those places are as you mentioned.

Thats because you wernt on a HF operation...I think you just proved how retarded this argument is.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-11
>AT 11:20?AM (MST)

>
>>LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-11
>>AT 05:13?PM (MST)

>>
>>
>>I know you said you hunted
>>up in the Hill country
>>of Texas and those are
>>mostly smaller places and not
>>what I'm talking about if
>>you would try to comprehend
>>what I'm saying. I've
>>hunted low fence places up
>>there, as well as down
>>in south Texas for many
>>years. Read my lips---those
>>high fence places up in
>>that area are NOT what
>>we are talking about when
>>we say you can have
>>a fair chase hunt with
>>a high fence. I'm
>>talking about a place that
>>has thousands of acres like
>>the one next to where
>>I used to hunt that
>>was 30,000 acres. Don't
>>tell me that place wasn't
>>a fair chase situation because
>>there are deer on a
>>place that big that don't
>>know what a human being
>>is and it's so big
>>they and you would never
>>know the fence is there.
>> Canned hunts is more
>>of what you're talking about
>>where the animal has little
>>or no chance of not
>>being shot and I agree
>>with you 100% on those
>>types of places. I'd
>>never hunt that type of
>>place and won't hunt the
>>big ones where it is
>>fair chase because they are
>>too expensive. If you
>>would go up to the
>>top of this thread and
>>read my first post, it
>>pretty well explains my position.
>>
>bLA bLA BLA defend it anyway
>you need to make it
>Ok for you,I know the
>difference and so do most
>hunters.HF is for "hunters" who
>want someone else to do
>all the work and cant
>stand the thought of doing
>the work and not taking
>home their "trophy".Id rather go
>on unsuccesful hunts the rest
>of my life than shoot
>another piece of livestock like
>I did as a kid
>in TX,it was no small
>ranch,it was 14 sections,doesnt matter
>if it was 2000 sections
>they came to the feeders
>when they came on.HF hunting
>is the worst thing we
>have going against us right
>now,especially with tards like Nugent
>putting it out there for
>everyone to see.If you cant
>see how it hurts hunting
>in the public eye you
>probably just dont give a
>damn.

No...the worst thing going for hunters is people like YOU!

The kind that think I do things better than you, I hunt harder then you, I deserve more tags than you, I am a true hunter and not you, I have a better bow or rifle than you, etc.

WE'RE are all brothers and sisters....except you. If you don't like something, then whatever, let it be.

In case you don't realize, we have bigger things to worry about as hunters.

BTW...judging from you're attitude, I conclude I am a better hunter than you ;)

Neither of you ever answered my question and yet now you're the expert on this from one quick "kill" on that place when you were a kid! I was around them for over 20 years and I didn't have to be right on the places themselves to be correct in what I stated. Take a hike and grow up, especially after reading your stupid ass, no brain comment on the kids getting shot in Texas thread. Tha comment alone proved that you're a thoughtless loser BRO!!!

"Maxxy, If you get a free hunt make sure you have a bullet in the chamber. He might get away Click"!

Hey hey, Easy Fella, I still wake up in a cold sweat from that click...(and for all you thinking we are talking high fence, it was DIY public)...

Im pretty interested to read all of these responses. I still think about holding that 595" bull that was posted, in my hands, and while it may not be in B&C, it would be hard to say no to that Bull for free in my opinion. I am not saying I would, but I am saying I would have a hard time saying no...

I guess the majority of the state of MT falls into the same boat then,since we voted to outlaw HF hunting and got rid of every operation in the state that was trying to play that game.Never said I do anything better,just pointed out that your presious HF "hunting" isnt hunting at all and its bad for our sport in the eyes of the public.Obviously hit a nerve with you two,oh well.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-11 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-11 AT 02:50?PM (MST)

TG your the expert,youve never hunted on one but you have been near them,that qualifies you fer sure.I am not nor will I ever be your "BRO".So this debate boils down to two guys defending HF hunting and the majority of the posters not wanting anything to do with it,theres your survey.

yes

Shedz---Nope, I'm no expert, but you obviously can't read and comprehend anything because there are also a good number of respondents on this thread that are saying they would do the high fence hunt, which means that I am not one of only two on this thread that think they are okay under certain circumstances. PS: My use of the word Bro was definitely incorrect when referring to you---Sorry, and I won't make that mistake again because in all likelihood I won't even bother to take up my valuable time responding to your BS and pot stirring!!!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-11 AT 09:51AM (MST)[p]No matter how you try to skew the reality of HF "hunting" it isnt very popular amongst the whole population of hunters.Its a great opportunity for some that would never get the chance to hunt otherwise but its a black eye in our effort to keep our sport alive and the truth is there are plenty of opportunitys to hunt all over the US if you can handle the truth of hunting,your not going to take an animal every trip and they arnt all going to be trophy caliber.Stirring the pot?Your the guy on an internet forum arguing about something you have never done....

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-11 AT 10:07AM (MST)[p]

Okay wise acre! Yes, I can count and I did what you asked in your last post and, even shuffling through all of the posts with BS comments and stuff it came out to about 25 saying yes, they would do this High Fence hunt and 11 that said no. So much for your friggin math and the majority saying no, LOL! What you keep saying about HF applies to small, canned hunt areas, and I agree on your statements about them and not on large places where the animal and hunter don't even know there is a fence of any sort. So go piss in the pot you keep stirring and put it out once and for all!!!

Edit: I see while I was doing my count that you asked for to prove your point that you must have done one too and completely changed your post because you were wrong. That shows you are a loser just like I mentioned in my post on the Texas kids that got shot. This definitely confirms it!!! PS: Your last edit was at 9:51AM. Maybe you should go in and try another one to cover your sorry ass like you did in the last attempt!!!

Lol I just booked a 5 acre HF hunt because of all the conflict. I figure I can't have a voice in this if I haven't done it. My guide said it is a 100% kill. I will be hunting red stagg, buffalo, oryx, and zebra all on this adventure. He said it will be action packed and we can expect to see game every second were on the sagebrush property. He has one more opening if anyone wants to go 2+1

I'll hunt with you one_dry! But I'm only bringing my swiss army knife. It's deadly in an enclosure!!!!!!
Zeke

I'll video it if you like. I'll make sure the viewers can't see any HF in the footage. They'll think you're on a true safari hunt lol

Dang, I had to go to the dermatologist and by the time I get back a hunt offer has been made and accepted and I didn't even get a chance to say yes! Hey one_dryboot, if Zeke backs out you can put me #1 on the backup list as I will only use rocks. That will be even more fun and fair on this exploit, LOL!!!

You guys are hard core! I'd only do it for free meat, I hear they have water buff in Texas.

Out of all the high fence hunts I have done...I will say I am about 30% successful. So much for the theory that it a 100% kill.

This was a tough question for me. If the place was big enough, Yeah, i'd do it.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-11
>AT 10:07?AM (MST)

>
>
>
>Okay wise acre! Yes, I
>can count and I did
>what you asked in your
>last post and, even shuffling
>through all of the posts
>with BS comments and stuff
>it came out to about
>25 saying yes, they would
>do this High Fence hunt
>and 11 that said no.
> So much for
>your friggin math and the
>majority saying no, LOL!
>What you keep saying about
>HF applies to small, canned
>hunt areas, and I agree
>on your statements about them
>and not on large places
>where the animal and hunter
>don't even know there is
>a fence of any sort.
> So go piss in
>the pot you keep stirring
>and put it out once
>and for all!!!
>
>Edit: I see while I
>was doing my count that
>you asked for to prove
>your point that you must
>have done one too and
>completely changed your post because
>you were wrong. That
>shows you are a loser
>just like I mentioned in
>my post on the Texas
>kids that got shot.
>This definitely confirms it!!!
>PS: Your last edit
>was at 9:51AM. Maybe
>you should go in and
>try another one to cover
>your sorry ass like you
>did in the last attempt!!!
>

Meds..take them.

25,000 acres and up for whitetail...would be tempting for sure. Any other animal would probably not be very sporting. If there were feeders involved, I would have to be one mile or more away from one to even think about it.

over two to one goes to high fence... another hot stock to put your money in. between high fence and tanned hides. we could get rich.....

He'll yes I would. Would it be a "hunt"? Maybe not. But it would be fun. I'll bet half of you guys that say "no" are a bunch of self righteous puzzies that, given the chance, with no one looking, would do it in a heartbeat. Good god sometimes I wonder if some of you guys have ever actually killed anything. Talk about idealistic.

Elkun, can I trade some hides for a HF hunt.

Let me ask this hypothetical question.

If jackrabbits got inside a "rabbitproof" fence on an alfalfa field of say 100 acres and couldnt get out" so they lived inside the field, would you shoot them? Coyotes?

And don't tell me yes because you'd want to help the farmer out.

Man, some of these folks would never survive living in Texas. They'd never get to hunt :)

>Let me ask this hypothetical question.
>
>
>If jackrabbits got inside a "rabbitproof"
>fence on an alfalfa field
>of say 100 acres and
>couldnt get out" so they
>lived inside the field, would
>you shoot them? Coyotes?
>
>And don't tell me yes because
>you'd want to help the
>farmer out.

I'd do it to help the farmer out...

>Man, some of these folks would
>never survive living in Texas.
>They'd never get to hunt
>:)

Do they realize there are other states you can hunt?

I keep it free range like all the beef, chicken, turkey, and pork products I consume. Otherwise it just ain't right.
smiley-rolleyes010.gif
[/URL]
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-11 AT 05:28PM (MST)[p]I once raised a beef and then turned it loose in the Henries a week before the slaughter just to keep it fair then limited myself to a spear...

You guys are hardcore! I once turned my beef loose in my pasture. then a week later I went to hunt him with my .338 edge and couldnt find that S.O.B. so I slaughtered another, took 7 shots @642 yards to bring him down. 3 days later he showed back up.

I actually have shot several cows. .22, point blank and we DIDN'T turn them into the wilds first. They'd have been too far from the hooks if we'd let them wander!

On one occasion I did hunt a bull that was notorios for escaping. The rancher wanted him dead and bull was AWOL. We never did find him and a week later the rancher killed him on his neighbor's place. That bull was as wild as a March hare.... he's long dead now.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom