FREE SHEEP HUNT

Bighornram

Hope that got your attention. The Wyoming chapter of the Wild Sheep Foundation is giving away a Dall sheep hunt at our annual summer banquet in Casper WY. Also on the agenda are auctions for a WY Governor's Bighorn sheep tag, a Mexican desert sheep hunt and a WY Commissioner's Tag{good for any deer, elk or antelope tag in the state} Raffles that night include a WY commissioner's tag, guns and other great packages. Full details can be found and tickets purchased at our web site [http://www.wyomingwildsheep.org/drawing.asp]
Phone bidding for auctions is accepted and can be arrange by contacting any board member. They are listed at
[http://www.wyomingwildsheep.org/board.asp] Good luck in the state draws and join us in raising funds to put and keep sheep on the mountains. All proceeds are use for conservation, all board members are volunteers.

bighornram, I have received a number of request from the Wyoming wild sheep foundation lately and have been reluctant to join or donate because of the association with your group and senator Larry Hicks who claims membership in your foundation. For two years in a row, senator Hicks has sponsored legislation that requires the Game and Fish to remove wild sheep from portions of their range if the USFS rules against domestic sheep grazing in adjacent and overlapping allotments. What troubles me more, is the total silence coming from the wild sheep foundation and other groups who claim to represent wild sheep. Perhaps I am missing something that you may be able to enlighten me on, but I come to question where the priorities of you and your membership are.
thanks, a

appaloosa I understand your concerns. I am on the board of this chapter and can assure you that while Mr. Hicks is a life member his bills are not our idea. We testified at the hearings for these bills and opposed the idea of removing any wild sheep herds! We are a party to the Wy plan between the Wy G&F, the wild sheep foundation and the livestock industry in this state. The plan generally lays out areas of the state that will give Priority to wild sheep,{the main core areas of the native herds in wy with 90% of the sheep populations} and the rest of the state. You can view all the plan details at the following link on the G&F web site.https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/wildlife-1000386.aspx This plan has served the state well and Senator Hicks bill actually makes this plan the working outline for the state as law. Many grazing leases in the state are very nervous about changes in public land grazing. They hold great power in our legislature. We are working to find meaningful solutions to problems for both of us. In no way do we support the removal of any wild sheep herds to be replaced by domestics. We have not been silent, our executive director Kevin Hurley was on public radio several times on this very subject. We were a part of the WY sportsman's caucus that lobbied legislators on G&F bills during this and past sessions. Come to the membership meetings in Casper and get the whole picture.

The free sheep hunt is for any life member in attendance. Details on the website.

You can become a life member via the website.

bighorn,
thanks for your response. I am still not sold on the plan or why it needs to be law. It seems to do a lot to protect domestic sheep, including removing wild sheep, but little to protect wild sheep. I didn't see anywhere where domestics would be removed to protect wild sheep. Good luck in your endeavors and be sure the thank Sen. Hicks at your banquet. I hope his life membership is worth it to your organization.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom