FZ-20 - ya-hoo! What card to buy

five_point_buck

Very Active Member
Well, I have officially joined the FZ-20 geek squad. I am very excited and even captured my first buck yesterday. My question is about Memory cards, I know it uses "SD" memeory cards, are some faster than others??

In the descriptions I see that some write at 5MB/sec., some at 10MB/sec. I see write speed, read speed, "ultra" "proffesional", some "withstand weather eaxtremes", others have low battery impact...etc etc....grrrrr why make it so freekin' difficult...

Help.... My head is starting to hurt.... Must......have......beer!

I plan on taking a bunch of pics and a few videos this next trip. I have read here that tiff is the way to go. Also, do you guys use the largest format all the time??

I realize these questions have been asked before. I apologize for the redundnacy, but I went back two pages and couldn't find what i needed.

Thanks for helping my lame ass out. I hope to share some pics soon.....

five_point_buck
C.B.C.S.

5P,

You'll like that camera. As you know there are a ton of SD cards to be had. I bought a 512mb card from Kingmax and it works good. If you are going to be taking mostly tiff pics, pony up and get a 1gig card. You'll need the space. In regards to tiff, you mine as well take the pics at the highest res., so when you get a good one it comes out great and you can print it out in any size basically.

Try to get a fast SD card, as this helps the read/write speed..meaning quicker follow up shots and such (so I am told).

Check out this site: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1033

Lots of info using the FZ20 and digitals in general. Plus, people usually post up when a good deal is out their on memory cars.

Check out www.newegg.com for SD cards. They have some good deals.

Have fun!

You are really going to enjoy the camera! I love mine. Great for outdoor sports, hunting photos, etc.
Look forward to some pics from you soon.

I just bought mine about 10 minutes ago on ebay so I thought I would get this to the top. I have already been looking at the cards and I know that Costco has some good deals on them. I am not sure about what speeds they have though. Good luck with yours.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom