G3 & J12

I heard about at least six over 30 came out of G3,but i guess no one wants to talk about it or post pictures. I have pics of three, two are MM members.But its not my story to tell.

Paul,
How was your trip up there? I was there the weekend before New Years. Saw a few.

Bill

Bill,

The trip was excellent! I went up the last weekend instead and
it turned out to be the right call. The previous snow storm really pushed them down. It was the most deer I have seen there
since my son and nephew were drawn for J12 years ago. I counted over 300 deer in 1 hour alone while on the telephone pole road.
I saw six bucks in one group alone! Most of the bucks I saw were average, but over the course of two days, I saw six bucks that I would have no problem squeezing the trigger on. Three of those buck were 27" - 29". My partner saw a nice 5x5, not real wide but heavy and tall. I even saw a couple of bucks fighting, nothing serious, but entertaining nevertheless.
I may try and get back up late this month with some other hunting buddies.

Paul

Only got to spend about an hour or so out there on Sunday.
Did not bring my good camera, spotter, or gators. Sort of unprepared, but had fun with my son.
Nice 3 point w/ hooked kicker
4658052_-_copy.jpg

The crew, my 13 year old son and our lab. Hope he can draw the tag in the next few years.
1743085_-_copy.jpg

2 point
8996059_-_copy.jpg

Collared 3x3
1594066_-_copy.jpg

Busted up buck
4752070_-_copy.jpg

8700013_-_copy.jpg

Bill

A quiet year for sure. I didn't know anyone who pulled a G3 or J12 tag this year. J12 is 15 mins. from where I live & G3 is another 30 mins. I have not seen a single picture, or heard a single story of the hunts. I do know that 1 of the Governor tag holders came in for a few days to scout, but went north to shoot a Blacktail.
Maybe Nickman or Brownie has some in sight to the results.

WELL......Just because some guys really want to know and aren't trying to start a pissin' contest, I'll tell you what I know.

I won't, however, get in any more arguments, answer any questions after this post or post anything else.......it just ain't worth the BS from all the "smart guys".

This year was, without question, the best year out of the last 15.....based on rack size and hunter success.

I have, or have seen, pics of 10, 30"+ deer, 8 of which, were processed at the local butcher, more were sent to me after the hunters got home and I am sure a couple more got out of here with little or no fanfare.

I was in Arizona on an elk hunt, so I missed the first 6 days, but I know the guys who taped those racks and they have nothing to gain by overstating the measurements.

I have no idea why these hunters are being so stingy with the pics, other than there were some photo people here, putting a package together and maybe they have tied them up.
Other guys simply don't need, or want to brag this stuff up.......who knows?

Most of the 35 tags were filled in the first week, when we had MANY huge bucks down from the storm activity.

Just got a tip from a buddy.
Go to Reagan's Sporting Goods web site (Facebook) & he has some of the J12 & Gooddell buck photos there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom