G5 Optix XR Sight

bigbull1

Very Active Member
Anbody using a G5 Optix XR sight? It looks desirable to set up a 20, 30, 40 yd pins and a dial-up floating pin for longer distance. I read on the internet that the adjustment screws broke easily on the older Optix sights.

I found fibers busted on a couple of pins on my Trophy Ridge, and thinking about the G5 or Spot Hogg as possible replacements.

Ed

47e7d38a693084e0.jpg

I don't have experience with the G5, but if you're looking for a floating pin sight I would recommend taking a look at Limbsaver's Elite Prism sight. The sight has five fixed pins along with a floating pin for longer distances. The construction of the sight is very solid. It also has true 2nd and 3rd axis adjustability. Not only that, but the pins are very bright and are also solid in thier construction. Check it out. It retails for around $200, which might be a touch higher than the G5.

How do you adjust/set the floating pin on the Limbsave Elite Prism? Looks like a sight with one of the brightest pins available.

The Sure-Loc Lethal System also has a floating system for longer shots, but looks a little technical for me.

I like the idea of having fixed pins for 20-40 or 50 yards and an adjustable last pin.

Ed

47e7d38a693084e0.jpg

The floating pin is adjusted using a mirco-adjust knob which is located on the bottom of the sight. It's very simple to adjust and from what I've seen will never have a problem moving on it's own. The only one downside that I can see is that moving the floating pin is not exactly what I would call fast. Definitely not as quick as a slider like the Sure-Loc you mentioned. It's nice to have the five set pins though. (You can get this with the Sure-Loc Leathal Weapon Max as well?. I'm satisfied with the site so far though, and we'll see what this fall brings!

I had the Trophy Ridge sight and had problems with the optix breaking so I went to the Spot Hog and love it... seems very tough.

I shot this sight last year. I was impressed with it except, I broke all of the fiber-optic pins throughout the hunt. And, it wasn't like I was dragging my bow through the brush. They need to do something to protect the fibers. Other than this, I had zero problems with it. Overall, it is a good sight.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom