Game Cam Pics -How big will it get?

WeHuntNM

So I finally made the 8 hour round trip to the hunting grounds on Saturday. I put up my new game camera on July 24th to see if anything was going on. To my amazement I found 2454 pictures on the camera in less than a month. (I did put out a mineral block as a little incentive for the elk to take a photo) The mineral block will be removed long before hunting season. I was only getting cows and some deer until about 10 days ago when the bulls arrived. Looks like about 4 or 5 bulls so far. This first picture was taken Thur. August 19. (Sorry forgot to reset the date on the camera when I changed the batteries.)

Will they get any bigger than this or do you think they are done growing?

1526pict2277.jpg

3372pict1869.jpg

121pict1879.jpg

2145pict2370.jpg

Nice buck. Depending on the date of your pics the growing is done in South NM. Velvet is off most the bulls.

The pics look like they are 99% done growing.

Pretty much done growing. Looks like you have found a few bulls.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I agree with the others most likely done growing. Those are some great looking pics. Did you get anything else good?

That 2nd bull is missing brow tines (G2's).

I know a guy that stuck a bull a few years back (when it was a 5-point restriction) thinking he was a 6x6, and he was missing G2's also. So, luckily what had appeared to be 6x6 was still a legal 5x5.

>That 2nd bull is missing brow
>tines (G2's).
>
>I know a guy that stuck
>a bull a few years
>back (when it was a
>5-point restriction) thinking he was
>a 6x6, and he was
>missing G2's also. So,
>luckily what had appeared to
>be 6x6 was still a
>legal 5x5.

Very true that nearly burned me last Dec on that 6 point or better archery hunt.

Thanks for the responses. I hope we find a little bigger one on the weekend we are hunting. This is a hunt for my 17 year old son. We have a MB rifle tag and can hunt in this unit any 5 days from Oct 1 until Dec 31. We have almost always tagged out within the first 2 days. This is located in Chama and the bulls are still going late into October. We harvested a bull 2 years ago on October 22 and called him in on a string. He came running in bugling and was still real hot. Last year we did the same but on Oct. 7th. We have seen some monsters but always a little to far. We have a ranch only tag on a ranch of only 20 acres, But it is a great 20 acres. Thanks again. Good luck to you all.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom