game processer near Casper

searcher

Can anyone recommend the best processor near Casper? Also, will a 150 - 170 quart cooler hold an entire processed, cut and wrapped elk? I want to make sure I have enough cooler space to transport an elk 1600 miles - if I get lucky and get one ;-)

thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-11 AT 09:25PM (MST)[p]There are two I know of that are good and one is probably better than the other due to new owners last year...very good and packed the right way for driving home.
Last year we used three, yes 3, different places due to the location where we were hunting and got game.
For Casper area, go to B. BROCK ENTERPRISES, LLC
PEARCE CUSTOM BUTCHERING AND PROCESSING
7621 WEST YELLOWSTONE HWY
HWY 20/26
It is west of casper on said hwy 20/26 about 4-5 miles out.

New owner/operator: A. Barnett Brock
1-307-265-4744 phone/fax
1-307-259-1501 cell
This place is FAMILY OWNER/RUN nad they all thanked us as we left.

Another thing on your cooler if you have only one ELK and not a lot of bloodshot meat and waste, it might be enough but you might need to buy or have another one handy just incase.
Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

the best processor in town is Dans Meat processing on curtis street in evnsville. I used to use peirce meat proccesing and the didnt trim the meat as well as i like for grissle and blue skinand wasnt washed well had lots of hair still on the meat. Dans trims it better and if you have the luxury of leaving your meat with them till the end of the season you can have them make jalapeno sausage out of you meat that is far superior than the exchange sausage that you get right away But any ways dans meat processing will treat you right long as they arent full when you fill your tag.

moseley middleton

We used Dan's last year too for a Doe Lope and they did a good job but thier "Bankers hours" are not good for hunters who want to get their game early and get back on the road.
The new owners of Pearces old place are a lot better and neither of us had any problems with our game....but we skin our own game and wipe it down and it is clean when we take it in to "any processor" and that makes a big difference and they comment on how we handle the game and that makes it easier for them to NOT HAVE to clean up a messy game carcus like most hunters bring in to a locker.

As a side note, we also took a Buck Deer to the processor up in Buffalo and there was a messy place so never heard any bad words about them from my friend so guess they did a good job or I would have heard about it from him.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

We use Pats on Poison Spider Road. Pats is run by an outfit out of Montana. Last year was a bit disappointing though as we needed a rush on our last deer harvested. Their rush was 3 DAYS!! usually, a rush packaging should be no more than 2 days but they were slammed. We will continue to use Pats but the last animal we kill maybe just quartered or boned out by us so we can head home 2 days earlier.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Wiszard---That's the way I always handle things out in Wyoming. Anything that is killed earlier on the hunt goes to a processor and is frozen to be ready when we head for home. Anything we shoot in the last couple planned hunting days is boned out and put on uce. Sometimes we even do the final cuts with a vacuum packing machine we take along and we are then ready to head for home as soon as we pick up the frozen meat the morning we tell them we will be in town to get it. Sor far we've never lost an hour when we are ready to head home by doing it that way.

Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate your input. Guess I will buy another cooler and hope to fill it ;-)

Tim

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom