Garage/ Man Cave Floor Coatings

LBWTX

Thought I would break up the monotony. Some floors I have done and yes I will offer advice on DIY.....I use PPG products for these. brcause I work for them:). It cleans really easy after it is applied. Heck we have actually skinned a buck in one and the remnants washed right out! Sorry about the photos. I took them with my phone.

6546img-20120115-00292.jpg

9717floor1.jpg

Were you all stoned after applying that stuff? I helped (watched) a friend put some on a floor, it was pretty tough on the nose and throat,

Na. I made sure we have plenty of ventilation. It does require a beer or ten to ensure the it is done properly though!

we've started to coat all the garage floors in custom homes we build. It's a nice finishing touch, especially in garages that are fully drywalled & trimmed. mtmuley

MTmuley- I agree. It helps keep the dust down etc. I have done one with Harley Davidson Stickers under the clear coat. I didnt take pictures though. I put clear coat on most all of the ones I do. We have a awesome polysiloxane clear that cleans really easy.
Hint on getting good prices or freebies on epoxy to do those- go in a PPG store (protective or high performance coatings store in most large cities and get to know somedody or just flat ask if they have any mistints. They tint epoxies to some project specs but they make uh oh's. Depends on the volume they tint but like we have here in Texas it is 40-50 gallons a day! But we tint overt 2000 gallons of paint on any given day. Especially, in the Amerlock series. They take them off their inventory and " no charge" them because they dont match the required color. Then just buy the cure for them.which puts the cost down about 1/3 of what you may pay. most of the time you can take two colors and mix on site to get a nice neutral color.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom