Garage / Man Cave

brutus54

OK so we all have see it. You are driving around the Naborhood and look in people's Garage's and see Full shoulder mount's Deer, Elk, Moose, on unfinshed walls next to the ladder or kid's bike. Now everybody can do what they want with His's or Her's Taxidermy. But too me this is sad to see. For one it depends where you live extreme heat and cold and dust is not good on high priced mount's. Why pay that kind of cash to put them in the Garage? Too many in the house no more room left? The reason I'am posting this is because I have been going and droping off kid's at a home daycare where I live and the Garage is always open. And in this Garage on the wall next to the kids bike's are not one but two Six Point Bull Elk. I don't score well but they are around 320 or 350. Plus not one but Two 30 Inch Mule Deer one is a perfect 5x5. All full Shoulder Mount's. Plus alot of Big Euro's and Horn's nailed to the wall. He or She as done well. And yes I'am Jealous the Mount's are better than anything in my MAN CAVE. This is what I'am asking why put high Quality Taxidermy that most of us would die for in the Garage and not in a MAN CAVE? No room in the man cave? too small? Do they have bigger? Or is their a another reason? Again I RESPECT everybodys choice to do what He or SHE wants to do with their Taxidermy. But to me it belongs in a MAN CAVE!!!! What do you think???

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-12 AT 11:02PM (MST)[p]Well I did not come out and say that in my post. But I didn't think it would take that long before somebody did!

Maybe the garage is the mancave?...Sometimes it's nice to have a deadbolt and a firewall between you and the Mrs...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-12 AT 01:12AM (MST)[p]BuckSnort you might be right maybe it's cold in the house and the Garage!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-12 AT 01:05AM (MST)[p]Maybe you should knock on the door and ask the home owner instead of asking a bunch of people who don't have any clue why the home owner's mounts are in the home owner's garage...not trying to be rude but how the hell would we know??

~Z~

Seems like Brutus has been creepin on my garage. Here's the answer. My house has plenty of mounts inside. I spend more time in the garage and the garage is MY sanctuary.

8822roadrunner_432.jpg

7521roadrunner_434.jpg

Funny to me that you use the term "...sad to see.....". Guy kills an animal, and then guy does what he wants to with the head/antlers. Not sure I understand what's sad about that. ;-)

BTW, I definitely agree with your comments on the above garage pics! Good stuff!!!

S.

:)

I agree with you. I have three shoulder mounts. My bighorn sheep, my B&C antelope, and a nice 28" 5x5 mule deer. All three are inside. However, only the antelope has made it to my house (My wife is NOT fond of hunting, and hates looking at "Dead Animals" ie taxidermy work. So, long story short my two other mounts are still at my parents house sitting in Dad's man cave. They'll eventually make it home someday.

Naborhood = neighborhood ?

wybh,

I can relate. My wife doesn't want to see anything dead either. She told me the most I may get (which I haven't yet) is one room (my "dead animal room" as she calls it).

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

Man that sucks for you guys. When I married my wife she said absolutely no way are we displaying them in the normal living areas. 2.5 yrs into it, I have 1 deer head 2 euro mounts and sheds all proudly displayed in the living room...And yes, we are still married.

It has grown on her and she has come to appreciate them since I have such a respect and passion for hunting. In my opinion the garage is fine, if it's a well kept garage. But to not even be allowed at the house.....man.

Maybe those are the animals that didn't make the cut for the house. My house is full of animals and my garage has a few that have been replaced.

This was my other thought. My uncle has at least 50 racks in his garage that did not make the house. Displays maybe 15-20 in the house. They are mostly older. But I know he has a few whitetail shoulder mounts in there that I would love to shoot one day.

Just from my point of view, taxidermy is expensive, too expensive for me to put them in an environment that's not temperature control and somewhat dust free. I also like seeing my trophy?s in my home, They are special to me. As far as my wife goes, she doesn't necessary like them either, specially my Javelina heads but I don't like some of the things she hangs or puts in OUR home either. I have a game room we both share. The only thing I keep out in the garage are my sheds and one dead head Javelina skull. Anything that's had taxidermist work is going in the house. That's just me. To each his own for his own reasons though.

GBA

Sumpin' odd going on at my house. When I married in 2001, my wife asked me if she could hang some of my elk, deer and bear skins up in the living room.

And my two Montagnard cross bows are up too.

Heads...well, they all burned in a fire...every single one gone.

>Man that sucks for you guys.
> When I married my
>wife she said absolutely no
>way are we displaying them
>in the normal living areas.
> 2.5 yrs into it,
>I have 1 deer head
>2 euro mounts and sheds
>all proudly displayed in the
>living room...And yes, we are
>still married.
>
>It has grown on her and
>she has come to appreciate
>them since I have such
>a respect and passion for
>hunting. In my opinion
>the garage is fine, if
>it's a well kept garage.
> But to not even
>be allowed at the house.....man.
>

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

All of my mounts have been sitting in a pile in my kid's room for a few years.
We moved to a great place in the country a few years back ,but the place only has 8' walls downstairs.
After months of wrangling with permits with the county on my trophy room, I finally said "screw it!".
I was over at my neighbor's place and decided to build a barn like the one he just finished.
It has "Man Cave" written all over it for a fraction of what was I going to spend on the addition to my house.

This is my neighbors barn.
Mine will have a few different dimensions (no stalls, higher peak, etc...) but will be very similar.
Contractor is en route to my place as I type.

Pics when finished...

074.jpg

065.jpg

078.jpg

072.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-12 AT 08:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-12 AT 07:59?PM (MST)

I can't wait to see some pic's when its all done. I would love to see the finished Man Cave.

I used to have my elk and my daughters elk in my garage. I couldn't get them in the house. The doors were not big enough. After having them in there a couple years I hung them in the Sportsman's Warehouse in Twin Falls. I go in and see them and they get taken care of. They are also insured there. I won't amount another elk no matter how big.
I still have two deer in the garage. One is a Euro and the other is a crappy head mount. I am not worried about either one of them. Ron

HH...the barn has a great potential, with a few mdifications, for a man cave/trophy room. If you don't have enough to fill it think of fun you will have trying. Think Africa!!

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom