Garmin Etrex 20 vs Dakota 20

dogdoc

I am looking for a new GPS after my old Etrex crapped out on me last year. Just wondering if anybody has used either of these and likes or dislikes them. I know the Dakota is touchscreen only and is supposed to be easy to use, but also allows less waypoints, routes, etc. Just looking for a good unit to use during my western hunts, and something that I can upload maps to. Any opinions?

Dog, I talked to Garmin this winter when my original Garmin E-trex gave out. They told me the etrex20 was as close to the original E-trex with all the buttons and the functions are exactly the same making the 20 user friendly for those people already familiar the the original etrex. I was able to download my original waypoints from the map program into the etrex 20 and back to the program just like the original. I did upgrade to the newer version of the topo program that was compatible with windows7 because my original topo program in windowsXP was no longer functional with windows7 and Garmin said trying to use the old program on windows7 would damage the windows7program .

I still saved all my aerial sat info and data waypoint downloads from the original program but Garmin customer support helped walk me through the procedures. To transfer everything into the newer version program.
Hope that helps

))))-------->

The Garmin etrex 20 functions exactly the same as the original etrex with all the buttons in the same spots as the original etrex. Downloads,maps, waypoint transfer to computer program/topo map program. Excellent GPS

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom