Gimme Shelter

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Shelter Cove that is. About an hour and a half drive from my place. Salmon fishing in the salt is winding down but a bunch of kayakers are taking advantage of the salmon that have moved into shallower water to feed, and the calm ocean. The kayakers are actually out fishing the power boats these days. I have yet to be one of the lucky ones to catch a salmon from my kayak:( I thought I would share a few photos.

4599life_at_its_finest.jpg

8577outfitted.jpg

9513fishing_would_never_be_so_fun_without_this_club_of_experts_to_be_friends_with.jpg

7997tigerfish_with_a_b52.jpg

3980shelter.jpg

4889wildman.jpg

6151sometimes_black_rockfish_go_pale_when_they_see_the_yak.jpg

8432meet_wayne_-_the_newest_addict.jpg

Looks like Fun Steve, you're due!!

Still, think i would prefer a little bigger boat! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You have to use the right bait.
Have you tired Dynamite, Hear it is a wonderful bait to use in all kinds of fishing.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I fish up there a lot has been hit and miss this year. Some good days and bad days we went up to Eureka last week and killed them nothing under 24lbs
Waiting for the albacore to arrive
nice fish out of a kayak, you guys didn't see that 12 to 14 foot great white up there in the last couple of weeks have you? Big Big fish wouldn't want to be in a kayak when I see him around. Kinda stifled the abalone diving when we saw him in the surf right out in front of abalone point.
Good Luck

My buddy got a photo of a 12-14' GWS this year, but I think he said it was out of Eureka. Maybe I misunderstood, but I did see the photo. Us kayakers call them the landlord, because that's the last thing you want to see.

Eel

Nice Put one (Salmon) on ice and send it to me. I'll send you a gallon of Ice Cream.
You might try and put your hook in the water.
Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom