GMU 61 cow

Last year I got a reissued tag for 3rd rifle, had to camp @ CPS door to get it on leftover day. I saw bunches of people driving the roads around Columbine campground on Divide Road, many camps down by Sanborn, a few along Massey Bench and Divide road generally. There was mild snow on top, none below 8K elev . I saw 0 dead elk in camps or vehicles the 1st weekend. Last year's hunt was not a haystack hunt, by any measure.

Took me until the last day 4th season this year...
Some years it’s a first light hunt opening morning some years it’s a last light hunt at the end....
I’m with you beanman I pretty much live up there all summer and know the north end extensively

I knew where there would be elk but I was hoping for an easier cow. Day three we bit the bullet and went down into a canyon And got our elk. Two days of packing on our backs to get both of them out. 60 years and I can still do it but not without whining.

I want to thank everyone for responding. I especially was wanting to hear from coloradoman and BeanMan as I follow their posts and know that they know the unit. My plan for putting in for GMU 61 fell thru as my hunting partner can't go this year due to cateracts. Guess I will have to wait another year for 61. Thanks again

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom