God knows who to cook......

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosad:cry:. Finger hurts now.

Well we have your left overs in Reno we should send them back to California where they belong.
Well I see first hand every week when they pull up in SF and get off the bus with their brand new $100 bill.
When asked they came from Nevada also when hunting in Idaho a few years ago one of the guys in camp was an police officer from Idaho Falls and when I asked him what they do with the homeless...His quote " We give them $100 and a bus ticket to SF)
It is out of control over here period........

It's a true story SS. Lots of cities do it.

Eel,
I believe the transport part no doubt, rest of the story not so much. I mean whats the odds they are getting brand new 100 dollar bills? Come on man!

The homeless issue is a complicated issue. We have a bunch up here too. They are tough SOB's I give them that. I see them in their tents all winter up here. No one on this forum has the outdoor experience some of the homeless people up here have. 365 days a year in a tent? Thats next level stuff.... ;)

Eel,
I believe the transport part no doubt, rest of the story not so much. I mean whats the odds they are getting brand new 100 dollar bills? Come on man!

The homeless issue is a complicated issue. We have a bunch up here too. They are tough SOB's I give them that. I see them in their tents all winter up here. No one on this forum has the outdoor experience some of the homeless people up here have. 365 days a year in a tent? Thats next level stuff.... ;)
That's true. I know a lady who lived in Alaska and she told me about the homeless living in tents year around up there. I think the majority of them choose to spend their money on drugs and booze instead of things we see as important. Not all, of course. Some are mentally ill.

That's true. I know a lady who lived in Alaska and she told me about the homeless living in tents year around up there. I think the majority of them choose to spend their money on drugs and booze instead of things we see as important. Not all, of course. Some are mentally ill.
Yeah its a complicated issue for sure. You have a healthcare system that prescribes opiates to treat pain which leads to addiction. Of course there are the alcoholics, ones with mental health issues, the list goes on and on. Ones that fall under that category are the ones you see on the street corners etc. Then you have the ones you dont see, the families etc that couch surf, or live in their cars and they stay for the most part out of sight.

There is no easy solution and there probably isn't one truthfully.

Up here a lot of our homeless population are alaska natives. They are arrested in their villages and have to come into anchorage to go to jail. The state pays to to fly them in to go to jail. But when they get out of jail they do not pay for them to go back to the village. Most of these natives live a subsistence lifestyle and do not have enough funds to make it back to the vil. So they end up on the streets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom