Gold Creek on the Blackfoot

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
I have been very busy this fall with an ill wife and boy/cub scouting activities for my boys and have yet to make it out hunting this year. Plan to take my two oldest boys out tomorrow and see if I we can find some deer. A friend recommended trying the Gold Creek area east of Missoula as a place with good deer numbers. Anybody have any helpful suggestions about this area?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Gold creek has good numbers of game in it. It gets absolutely hammered though being so close to town, so the game gets pushed up and away from the roads pretty far.
The die hard guys I know that hunt up there do good, never heard much for anything else though.

Thanks Randy. That pretty much fits with what I experienced this weekend. Did not get all that far from the roads myself with the seven and nine year old along, and did not see any game, but it looks like an area that might hold some promise.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom