Gold Rush - final results

Roy

Anybody watch this?

I could care less about that douchebag Dakota Fred or the bumbling Hoffman's but I am damn impressed with Parker Schnabel. He is a cocky kid sometimes, but he is going to be a great man. Love his granddad too - 93 years old and still kicking! Pretty cool.

I hope he does well in the Klondike next year.

The Hoffman's in South America??

Give me a break. Dave Turin totally saved their butts this year.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I missed the last episode. I did not record the live finale. I searched the menu for the next time they air it. What was the final results???

Thanks Roy!!!

Parker and the Dakota boys both hit their goals, the Hoffmans hit 803 oz. The last clean-up wasn't as good as they needed it to be.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

what was with todd hoffman, had he been snorting coke or what? he couldn't quit twitching his nose and messing with it the whole episode

Yeah - I noticed that too. I hate to accuse a guy of anything, might have just had the sniffles a little, though he didn't sound stuffed up.

HOOK 'EM!

there was something up with Todd for sure. If you have seen any of the other seasons, he always is calm cool and collective. Has his head down most of the time. Not this time, he was sniffling, jeering, twitching, and never shut up. HE WAS HIGH AS A KITE!!!

That was funny Todd sure was high as a kite......Todds an idiot. I hope Dave takes over the operation with a few of the guys that were on his crew this year. I think Parker is one stand up kid and a lot of kids out there today could learn a thing or two about hard work from him.

I watch the show and follow Todd on Twitter. His trip to South America caused him some major sinus issues because of some high altitudes and having to stay/sleep in some pretty unsanitary conditions.

This was all taped and will be aired on TV. Pretty good show. Saying that Dave Turin saved his butt is a misnomer. Todd is Dave's boss and none of that would have happened without Todd. The TV show and its producer (Christo Doyle) make Todd look like an idiot on purpose. He's actually the brains behind the entire thing from start to finish. Making fun of Todd just makes for good TV.

Yeah, i agree that credit should be given to Todd for putting the Team together, deciding to go with the two operations, and just how far that they improved in nearly meeting what i had thought were unreachable goals.

Probably not many of us could have done, accomplished what Todd and his Dad did. Were they perfect? No! a long way from it but still, all said and done, they had a good plan, made the best of the difficulties that confronted them, and still did pull over 800 ounces out,.. Congrats to the whole Team!!

Justin showed me a lot this season. I like his attitude. Still don't care much for his ol man but i like the Kid and will pull for him in the future.

Parker looks to have his work cut out for him next season moving the operation up closer to Tony Beets, Deets, whatever. I'll be interested to see just how he can get set up in that country with no or little access to it. Seems like a big money venture to me and with his Family holding the purse strings, not sure if he'll even be allowed to try to succeed, we'll see.

All in all, i thought it was a good show this season. I give them all credit for trying and working to make it happen...so many don't!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Good TV for sure.

They kept saying all season "See who hits the mother lode". Drove me crazy because all three operations are placer mines and have nothing to do with lode mining. The mother lode is in the parent rock high up on the mountain. Erosion causes gold to get washed down into the stream bed where it is collected on bed rock, and then mined as a placer deposit.

They hinted around on the last episode where Fred went high up on the mountain and found gold in the rocks up there. If he finds the vein of gold up there, he could be rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Placer deposits are small potatoes compared to lode mining. All placer mines play out and you have to keep moving. 800 ounces is a lot of gold for the Hoffmans, but their expenses were very high also. I'd like to see his bottom line. Not sure in Canada, but I doubt you can just dig down to bed rock and walk away. There is probably some reclamation work to do.

I kept yelling at the TV all season to have the Hoffmans truck their digs from Quartz Creek to Indian River and the good wash plant. It's only 2 miles. They finally did.

I also liked it when the producer asked Tony Beets if he would hire Todd? Tony said "To do what????"

Eel

Don't know why I watch it.

I don't care how many miles it is from one mine to the other.
I don't care how many days are left in the season.
I don't like watching the same footage both before AND after the commercial.

BUT I do.

I dont know chit about gold, but I do know how to move large amounts of dirt....the last job we did we moved over 6 million yards. I have never seen it done so bass akwards.....moving the high dirt first, stockpiling on future cut, long hauling...you name the cardnial sin and they did it. Instead of stripping the whole cuts they could have only stripped a small piece, mined the pay dirt and then shoved the over burden from the next piece into the hole....its called flip flopping, saves time and does'nt require shoving the overburden long distances. Totally in-efficient.

Dave Turin is the only one that gets it and saying Todd Hoffman the airport owner is the smart one is like saying Piper could manage the Federal Reserve. Todd is a good shuck and jive kinda of guy....he should stick to securing the finances and leases and let Dave run the mining operations.

projp, I dont know what the bottom line would be, but I would guess that the TV show ("Gold Rush") alone would pay for the overhead. They just say they are "broke" when the prospecting costs are behind the "Prospecting" budget. My guess would be that if they didn't find an ounce they would still be ok with TV profits.

Hardway, I think they have to strip the top layer off to get down to permafrost. The long summers melt it enough so that they can dig deeper. Kind of a unique situation in the far north.

Eel

It all show for the TV, if they wasn't getting paid, the outcome would be different.Fred is piece of work, but every show has to have a bad guy these days it what the people like to see.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

After the first season aired I met Todd and his dad at the Shot show. I asked Todd straight up why he was such an ahole to everyone. He explained it was the producers making him do it for added drama. After talking to him for about 20 minutes I came away with a completely different feel for Todd. He was a great guy. Someone you'd enjoy hanging out with. His dad was quieter, but I really did like Todd after I met him.

Yes watching the show is very frustrating. Seeing the mistakes they make and rewatching the same footage 3 or 4 times. That being said, it's one of my favorite shows on TV and my 7 year old triplet boys sure love digging everything up looking for gold.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom