gold tip pro hunters

P

powellpounder

whats the take on these arrows. the good and bad. are they worth the price, or should I jump to carbon Xpress blue streaks?

I shoot the expedition hunter, which is the same as the pros, but slightly less straightness tolerance and weight tolerance. I can't speak for Carbon Express, but Gold tips shoot great and are super tough.

The other day, I shot a chunk of 2" anlge iron. It completely destroyed my broadhead, didn't hurt the shaft at all. This was at 30 yards, from a 70# bow. It should have destroyed it, but didn't effect it at all.

I am an archery dealer, I shoot these because I go through alot of arrows each year, through small game hunting and long range practice. I haven't found the need to upgrade to the really expensive arrows.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-12 AT 01:52AM (MST)[p]I have to be honest here, and with said...my opinion differs from the two comments above. Back in 04' I bought a dozen of the Gold-Tip "Hunter" series shafts, they seemed to be just fine at first and then over time I started walking down towards the target to retrieve my arrow...and then to my surprise upon removal would hear the cracking noise of carbon fracturing. After this occurred with several of the shafts, I decided to switch to an arrow from Easton...from that point on I used both Axis & A/C/C's up until this year, when I decided to give the Gold-Tip's another chance. In order to make a long story short I'll just say this, there's a reason why they say..."history often repeats itself". This year I've been shooting the Pro-Hunter 7595's out of my Carbon Matrix, at first I was very pleased...they seemed to be a great & consistent shaft and were performing well. Yet just as with my prior batch of Gold-Tip's once they got some miles on them, I started to notice an issue with strength and durability...in the last couple months alone I've had to throw away 4 arrows because the carbon surrounding the inserts have fractured upon making impact with the Rinehart 3D targets at my local range, completely exposing the aluminum insert. So now I'm down to 8 arrows for my upcoming Book Cliffs hunt next month, and even though in theory I should only need 1 to get the job done...and I most certainly hope that's the case, but with that said after my hunt is over I'll quickly be going back to Easton again.

I am with the first 2. I love my GT arrows but I only go to the XT grade. Take the XT's and cut equal amounts off both sides and you end up with a pro grade straigtness arrow. Only time my arrows come apart is from smacking together.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

I currently shoot the GT pros. They are up there with the maxima hunters that I shot last year. But they dont hold up quite as well as the maxima's. But I can't afford them so I shoot GT and I'm happy with them

I shoot GT Pro Hunter 7595s and absolutely love them. I have had no issues with them whatsoever. Hopefully gonna send one tipped with a VPA broadhead through a big New Mexico bull here in about a month.

I have shot the Pro Hunters for years with great results. They are a very consistent shaft and tough as nails.

+1 for GoldTip. I shoot the Expedition Hunters and love them. Haven't had any issues with breaking or flight. They are flat out tough. I was in a shoot about a month ago and shot a rock under the sheep target at 25 yards. Damn near flattened the field tip, but the arrow held up just fine.

thanks for the tips. I hope to stick my bull with the pro hunter from gold tip.

I use the pros for every thing. Awesome arrows worth every dime! GT's are probably the toughest arrow made.
if your having problems with them breaking your shooting too many arrows to close and caving in the sides. User fault imho!

I use pin nocks and still dont shoot more than one arrow at a dot unless its after 40 yards.

I'll second BBentleys comments about the shafts splitting. That was a common occurance when I shout GT xt's. I have shot carbon express CX for the past 3 years, they don't make that arrow anymore so I bought some GT pros this year. I've been shooting them for a couple months and haven't had any issues with them, they seem to be a good a durable arrow for me, but I definitely had the cracking issues with their XT's, both on the insert end and around the knock.

When i use to have the shop cut my arrows i have seen splintering on the ends if an archery tec improperly cuts the shafts by running them through the saw to fast.

Maybe that was the problem you had with those shafts.

I started with the xt and then went to the prohunters last year and really liked them, however, I switched to Victory arrows this year and much prefer them for hunting. For 3d and targets I will continue to use the prohunters but I really want to try the Kinetics or Velocity from goldtip so maybe take a look at those?

Ryan

I tried em, both the pros and the xt's. They are nice arrow but I didn't think they were all the tough. Broke rather easily for me. The Victory VAP is a much better arrow imo. ymmv

the Pros shoot great. and there wasn't any change in flight from the XTs to the PROs. But the wife has switched her arrows to carbon xpress because she likes the color better.

I switched from ACCs to Gold tips 10 years ago, I've never had any issues with them splitting at the inserts. I shoot the 7595 XTs. Until they give me a reason to switch I'll continue shooting them. I have found them to be very durable and affordable.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom