Golden Retrievers

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
A couple of my sons have been asking for a pet dog for over a year. My wife has promised them a Golden Retriever puppy this spring - a pet for them to grow up with and be a friend to. The bad part is that the local price for a golden puppy is over $600 and I can't afford that. Anybody have a litter of golden puppies you are looking to sell at a lower price or any other (hopefully helpful) ideas for me. (I'm located in western Montana).

Thanks.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

....get them a free mutt....in my experience they make better, and cheaper, and healthier pets. Uglier the better.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I sale them for $250 with papers but I don't have any write now. Our last litter had 12 in November. I could contact you when I get the next litter which we are not currently expecting if you would like.

Dillon

I have a litter of german shorthair pointers. I know its not what your looking for but they are great pets, excellent with kids. Wikipedia has some great info about the breed.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Not sure if I would go with a golden.

Labs are the best. Sure you could get a lab for a lot less.

Shorthairs are great as well. If you do any birds they are so much better.

I have two labs and one shorthair. Night they are in the house. Day out in yard.

Friend had a Golden and a lab. Lab was eaiser to teach. Plus labs can be trained to find sheds, hunt birds, and are great babysitters.

While you guys are selling dogs I think I will start an English/Spelling class.

"I sale them"

"I don't have any write now"

WOW!!

Dillon,

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think the family will let me wait until Fall. Will look you up if it does drag out that long.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Labs are good dogs, Very good with kids. But they are a pain the first couple years, they like to chew stuff and are very destructive. They have quite a few health problems too. I do know alot of people that are very happy with them though. I like the shorter hair breeds. Pointers in general seem to stay in better shape given a place to run. They are content doing circles around the back yard to get that energy used up, but better if you can spend some time with them and let them use their talent even if your not shooting.

Golden retrievers come with alot of grooming!! It gets old fast and if the dog doesnt like it then it is that much worse.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom