golfers?

bayside

Who here plays golf? What's your handicapp and where do you usually play, and how often?

I'm a 7 handicapp (looking to get to 2 or 3 this year) I play all over salt lake, and try to play twice a week and hit balls almost every day that I can.

I play but not enough to establish a handicap. My brother is a PGA card carrying member and runs the Lake Padden golf course in Bellingham Washington. When I play I usually shoot in the high 80's. Would love to play more but just don't have the time..

I love golf but haven't actively played in over 10 years. Went once last year, ended up losing an 8 iron into the pond there in Roosevelt. It was pretty funny. So I guess my handicap is holding on to the club! LOL.

When I graduated with my BA my parents gave me a golf pass to the Cedar City course - love that course, golfed a lot and was getting pretty good. Hit one of the prarie dogs there with a shanked shot (not on purpose at all!) and had to lay low for a while.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I DID PLAY A LOT OF GOLF, THEN WHEN I GOT PERMISSION TO HUNT HOGS ON A COUPLE OF PRIVATE RANCHES MY GOLF DAYS WERE OVER. WHEN MY HUNTIN DAYS ARE OVER I WILL PLAY AGAIN.......AT AGE 90.....YD.

I just drink beer and laugh at the guys I'm with. I got pushed out of the cart and haven't been since. I can slice the ball better than anyone though!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Last time I played they said to take up a different sport...So I guess my handicap is playing golf !!!;-)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-11 AT 04:22PM (MST)[p]My dad played golf after he retired but I never had time for it. When he turned about 70 he quit because his good friend and golf partner died. I felt bad for him so I asked him to teach me. I took him every week during the summer, for the next 5 years or so. We had some great times and I really enjoyed playing. We would play for $.25 a hole and I always ended up owing him a couple bucks every round. That always put a smile on his face.

I don't have a handicap, but I shoot in the low 90's. I haven't played for a couple years since dad died, but would like to get back into it.

Roy, I have an extra 8 iron. Let's play sometime!:)

Eel

Roy, did you say Cedar City? I think I found your golf ball!

2883turtlegolf.jpg

I play on average 3 times per week. My handicap is at 9 right now. We like to travel and take our clubs with us and play golf, but most of my rounds each year are at our local club.

I like Cedar City's course except the time I took a 12 on #7. I play 2 or 3 times a week in the summer, once a week in the winter, and always hang up the clubs late September. My favorite course is Wasatch Mountain.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-11 AT 09:58PM (MST)[p]Jeezuz Eel how many 9 irons has your wife bought with a short game like that!!!?? I killed a blackbird teeing off one time... Does that help my "handi"? I like to get out on the course, enjoy good tourneys but do not care about my score, but at the same time play the best I can. I guess I could consider myself a "scratch" golfer if you MM guys understand golf lingo. :) JK In college we played a game called "wolf" or better yet tried to drink a beer per hole!!!

I play a lot in the Boise area. There are a lot of really great courses. My handicap has been between a 5-8 the last couple of years. Since I got married I have noticed it increase. Oh well. Still a fun game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom