Good Bows

Shedfreak380

Im considering to start hunting with a bow next year but need to get one. Whats a good bow to get? I know Hoyt, Mathews and PSE makes a good bow but what model would be the best a most reliable to get? thanks

Go shoot them all.... Buy whatever one feels the best to YOU. dont let anyone else tell you what to get. I have a bowtech General I think its an amazing bow. Any archery shop will be more than happy to let you try out a few bows to help you make your decision.

+1
I have a Bowtech Tribute, and I love it. But, my dad shoots a Mathews, and other buddies shoot Hoyts. It's all about what feels good to you and what you are looking for. Short axle to axle, speed, forgiveness, smooth cams...

Shoot as many as you can so you don't spend $1k on something that is the "best bow out there"; but not the best bow for you.

I just went through the process of buying myself a new bow. Obviously, every guy at every archery shop will try his best to make their bows sound appealing for you to buy, but before you take their advice, SHOOT THE BOWS! Most of the guys (and girls) know their stuff, but don't let everything they tell you determine the bow you choose. Make sure you like the way it shoots. Since i'm not the best shooter, I was looking for a forgiving, smooth bow. I shot a TON of bows, but ended up getting a Diamond Rapture. Not the fastest bow, but its brace height makes it forgiving. Like everyone else said, just get what you want and don't let someone else tell you what to get.

Go shoot as many as you can see what you like I shoot a Hoyt and i love it , but i like the Mathews is a great bow as well.

Where do you live ? Find a good bow shop and they can help you out.

SF380:

Best advice?.......listen to the replies above.....they're spot on!

When you find one YOU like, have it set-up properly by the pro-shop and take some basic shooting form lessons if available. You'll be shooting tacks in no time. Good luck and have fun.....that's what it's really all about!

BOHNTR )))---------->

>Go shoot them all.... Buy whatever
>one feels the best to
>YOU. dont let anyone else
>tell you what to get.
>I have a bowtech General
>I think its an amazing
>bow. Any archery shop will
>be more than happy to
>let you try out a
>few bows to help you
>make your decision.

FYI on your General...
http://www.bowtecharchery.com/blog/2...imb-integrity/

FACTORY MODIFICATION CAMPAIGN
Affecting the 2008 General Compound Bow ? 60# and 70# Limb Integrity

BowTech publicizes this notice as a service to BowTech customers and potential
BowTech customers. We have determined a potential defect relating to the limb integrity
on certain 2008 General bows produced between October 2007 and July 17, 2008.

Consumer safety has and continues to be BowTech?s primary concern, and while the
incidents of failure are small, our integrity will not be compromised over business
issues.

The reason for this recall: The affected limbs on 60# and 70# 2008 General bows
may have been incorrectly machined, resulting in possible limb separation through the
center of the axle hole. Should this happen, the affected limbs could cause the cam and
axle to pull free from the limb causing major failure and the risk of personal injury to the
operator and/or bystanders. Although the combined failure rate is less than 1%, we view
it unacceptable and have implemented corrective action.

Corrective action BowTech has implemented: To correct this possible defect,
BowTech has initiated a Factory Modification Campaign. All General bows purchased
within the affected date range must be inspected by an Authorized BowTech Dealer to
identify the affected bows. All General limbs built before July 17th will be replaced with
new limbs featuring an Enforcement Collet System correcting the potential limb failure
problem. This Enforcement Collet System was implemented only after extensive testing
and documentation of over 40,000 mechanical shots, on several bows without failure,
validating its durability and performance.

What you should know: You should not draw or attempt to fire your 2008 General until
this important inspection, and if necessary, modification is performed by an Authorized
BowTech Dealer. If you are not the original owner of your 2008 General, and are unsure
if the inspection/modification has been completed, contact any Authorized BowTech
Dealer for inspection. Any Authorized BowTech Dealer can perform the inspection and
modification. For the name and location of a dealer near you call 877.447.0293 or visit
the dealer locator section at www.BowTechArchery.com.

Dont listen to all of the people telling you to "try them all" or "shoot each one" or "pick the one that works best for you" That is terrible advice, just go buy a Mathews and save yourself alot of wasted time and effort. You will thank me later.

Hold on their Cowboy! I used to have the same attitude as you. I own a Matthews LX and thought is was the greatest bow ever. I still like it, but I took the challange and I now shoot a Hoyt Katera.

I feel guilty sometimes about switching brands, but then I shoot my Katera and all the guilt is gone. Maybe you should try and shoot other bows and see what is available. You will be surprised at what you find.

BTW I have a 2004 RH Matthews LX 28" draw with 5 pin copper john sights winners choice string for sale 400 or best offer.

PM me if interested.

Jesse

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom