Gordon Creek/Price Canyon Cow Elk Hunt

PSC_bears17

I'm sorry to make a post that strictly is asking for help, but that is where I'm at :/ My uncle has the Price Canyon/Gordon Creek tag and with the current weather conditions seeming more like fall we are having a tough time locating the cows for this area. The hunt ends in late January. I told him I would try to find out anything I can about the unit (hoping some of you might have ideas...) We have been on the loop that goes from Pinnacle Peak in Price to Consumers closer to Helper without any luck. If any of you have this tag for this year and wouldn't mind sharing any information, shoot me a message! Thanks so much and appreciate any help!

I wish I had better information to share with you… Pray for snow and watch Consumers consistently.,,.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out…

I wish I had better information to share with you… Pray for snow and watch Consumers consistently.,,.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out…
Thanks for the reply! Hopefully the weather will cooperate more and the elk will move down! I will for sure let you know if something should happen and we get into the elk!

I could look it up, but what’s the boundary?
Carbon and Utah counties--Boundary begins at US-6 and SR-10 at Price; south on SR-10 to Hiawatha Junction and SR-122; west on SR-122 to the Wattis road; northwest on this road to Wattis and over Star Point to Castle Valley Ridge (Carbon-Emery county line) and USFS Trail 068; west down USFS Trail 068 to the Nuck Woodward Road (USFS Road 110); west on this road to SR-31; northwest on SR-31 to North Skyline Drive; north on North Skyline Drive to US-6 near the Tucker Rest Area; southeast on US-6 to SR-10 in Price.

Carbon and Utah counties--Boundary begins at US-6 and SR-10 at Price; south on SR-10 to Hiawatha Junction and SR-122; west on SR-122 to the Wattis road; northwest on this road to Wattis and over Star Point to Castle Valley Ridge (Carbon-Emery county line) and USFS Trail 068; west down USFS Trail 068 to the Nuck Woodward Road (USFS Road 110); west on this road to SR-31; northwest on SR-31 to North Skyline Drive; north on North Skyline Drive to US-6 near the Tucker Rest Area; southeast on US-6 to SR-10 in Price.
I’ve seen piles of cows in the past off 6 just south of the Emma park road turn off and then down lower into price canyon near the road that goes over towards indian canyon. They like those big rocky cliff canyons through that country. Look there after those storms. You’ll find them.

I've Seen Elk In Them Areas As Well!

But It's Been A Month Since I Went Through There!

Just Don't Set Any Trail Cams Out In That Area Or Bux Will TUNE Them!:D

We’ve been working in the canyon since before thanksgiving , and are still working in the canyon, haven’t seen a single elk or even a track. Crazy…..maybe they will start moving down now. We have been working all the way from Indian canyon turn off all the way to the tucker turn off. Nothing!

This year is a weird year for them late antlerless tags.

We had a couple tags for another late season unit. Usually go on day trips for a cow tag to fill freezer. However, due to the unit we put in for to see numerous other game we went out on a 5-day hunting trip. Never seen a cow in 5-days. Had a great time with my buddy and three of our boys. Seen some other great game and made some memories. The tag will not taste near as good as the elk would, but that is hunting.

Good luck to you.

I went with a buddy who has the price canyon tag. We went Sunday morning after the snow Saturday night. We saw two cows WAY up top, above the bulls! Saw several bulls, and miles away the two cows! I can’t remember the last time you were able to drive a pickup, without it being chained up, over the top of consumers into pinacle!

I went with a buddy who has the price canyon tag. We went Sunday morning after the snow Saturday night. We saw two cows WAY up top, above the bulls! Saw several bulls, and miles away the two cows! I can’t remember the last time you were able to drive a pickup, without it being chained up, over the top of consumers into pinacle!
Thank you for the info.

Cammoman33 check your messages

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom