Got a little one....

RabidRattleSnake1

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-13 AT 01:21PM (MST)[p]Took this little guy last Wednesday in 16b.

4756image.jpg

>I agree with lefturn...you are a
>smartass.

I would know...I was the one who took the pic.

Couldn't manage to tag one of my own though. Just happy I didn't drown or get struck by lightning, and a tree didn't fall on his brother-in-law.

Must be talking about SOMETHING else being little, That bull isn't little like that other thing. Good looking bull.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I've heard rain, mud and roads is a big problem down there. Some guys say the either left early or not going 3rd season. How did that part go for you?

Damn fine bull, good job, congrats!!

Would however like to hear more about the knife fight you had with yourself...or could this be a new gutting technique none of us need to learn? Rumor has it the look on your face was PRICELESS.

Seriously, way to make it happen under tough circumstances.

What was crazy is the fact that he still hiked around with us for the next 4 days despite his self inflicted flesh wound.

He's damned lucky it was a short blade, it was inline with the grain of the muscle, and most of all it didn't contact anything that would have really bled him out...especially back in where he was.

Yes I did stab myself while working on the meat. I sunk a 2" leatherman blade into my thigh. I was really lucky I didn't poke something important. When I pulled the blade out I was just staying to myself "please don't spray blood." Pulled it out and it just ran down my leg. I had medical tape and bandages with me so I did a patch job as best I could and it stopped bleeding about 30 minutes latter. Had to change the bandage a few times on the hike out, but I was ok. It was a little sore that night, but the hiking seemed to help. Now that I replanted my butt on the couch it is sore as hell.

A note to all of you guys, please carry basic first aid items with you in the field and be really, really, careful gutting/breaking down you trophy. I was really lucky I didn't cut an artery or vein.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom