Got Mass???

PaleHorse

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-11 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p]Here is a set i found in Utah last week. Who cares about scores when You have the wow factor! These sheds are a pig. I haven't been able to find a pic that does them justice yet. If they pic quality is bad it is because it is from a phone, I forgot my camera.

133phone_pics_072.jpg

Pale,

Met your brother at the expo and had a chance to hold those bad boys! Your brother is a stand up guy and does some awesome work. Congrats on the sweet set.

for sure the island. there were some big sheds coming off this year way better than last year. but id say close to double amount the guys went out. getting to be a joke. nice sheds though congrats you going to put them on a skull?

My brother runs a taxidermy shop, Big Stuff Taxidermy in Erda. I was informed by him that I WILL be mounting them. He already has the cape picked out and everything. I always pay full price for my stuff from him, because my wife is self employed and we know what it is like giving everyone a deal. That being said he wants me to do it so bad I think he has offered me a deal I can't refuse on a shoulder mount.

I will post some pic's tonight. I picked up a big set, and a dead head. The right side of the set scores 106". That is my biggest ever.

i picked up a big head out there its a freak but i cant figure out how to upload it. who is your brother i am from tooele i would like to talk to him about maybe mounting my dead head.

Shed my brothers name is Dirk Bawden.You can call 801-635-6871 talk to Ed he can give you prices and set things up if need be.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Palehorse, this shed looks kind of like yours. It is a big horn. This shed is 6" around between the base and eyegaurd. Maybe I am way off, but it does look simalair.

235dsc08441.jpg

6063dsc08439.jpg

Dakota, That just got me a little excited! I beleive that is off of the same buck. I have looked at my set a bunch and think it very well could be. The mass measurements on my left are 7",6 1/2", 4 1/2" and 5". My set on that same side had a small fourth point that is broke off maybe 3" long. Thanks for sharing those!

I just noticed that the eyeguard has the same 90 degree turn back. It has to be the same! Tomorrow when I get to Work I will post a close up of it.

Yeah, that very well could be the same buck. I think he put on a little mass this year, and his points are regressing because of age. we need to get them together and compare.

Those were some damn heavy horns for sure! I talked to your buddy Zeb early that morning and then all of you guys once we were off the hill. I was one of the guys who your group was doing some trading with at the end of the day to match up some sets. Nothing big, but we matched up 3 sets with you guys :)