Got my card hit for BC Roadless Fall Bear!!

bingo

wow, I just checked my card and there it was!! I only had 6 points and was not expecting that. This should be the perfect year to draw for bear too because my dad should be a lock for the BC Roadless any weapon elk tag (15 pts)
Man, I am pumped. I have always wanted a spot and stalk hunt for bear. Anyone that has hunted this hunt or can chime in on what I should expect, lets hear it.
I am not very familiar with the books but will be scouting alot this year getting ready for my dads elk hunt, and now bear as well!
Bring on September, screaming elk, wall tents and dad with an elk tag, me with a bear tag. Should be awesome!

Just sit on your Dad's gut pile for a couple days after he finishes his elk hunt ;-)

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

During your scouting trip I would setup a couple of bait stations if it legal. Haul in those doughnuts and sweet stuff.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I may be wrong, I only glanced over the bear regulations earlier this spring, fall hunt means no bait stations. But, you can sit over gut piles and I would recommend doing that as others have said. Sounds like you guys will have a fun hunt and you will see bears. I have some cousins who have a lot of elk points who put in for the unit as well. I may get a chance to spend some days on the roadless this fall as well. Maybe we will see you up there...

On the bittercreek side, I did come close to some decent bears when I was bow hunting. It always freaks me out a little when I come accross bears with only a bow in hand...

Winner,
That is some good news there! I have a friend that has hunted the roadless area for bears in the past that I will get some info from. Sounds like its going to be a fun time. As always best of luck to the both of you, and if I can swing it, I would love to come out and play again.

Turbo

Agree with the "sitting the gutpile" comment. Spent 16 days in there in 06 covering all kinds of ground and saw bear sign plenty but no bears. Not really looking for them though. I had an archery elk tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom