Governing is Hard II

No one ever gets to vote after the fact on any law. If we did there would be far less SS disability fraud and no food stamps or welfare for millions of able bodied people. Would I take less? Of course I would as long as everyone else was in the same exact boat. The real answer is means testing which Bush actually brought up then was beaten like a rented mule by the democrats.

Eel,

So now you are a democrat? or are you a Cheney follower and
"deficits don't matter"?

I guess as long as Piper and 440 agree it's all good. Kind of takes the Shine off of myself and 440 being appoint the two most intelligent people in the world as appointed by Manny.

For the my hot air on the subject of boomers, most of it is just that hot air. I enjoy how enraged people can get and how humans can justify anything own mind even when it runs counter to what their political stripes are.

So I am sorry if you feel bad for being a boomer.

Nemont

>No one ever gets to vote
>after the fact on any
>law. If we did there
>would be far less SS
>disability fraud and no food
>stamps or welfare for millions
>of able bodied people. Would
>I take less? Of course
>I would as long as
>everyone else was in the
>same exact boat. The real
>answer is means testing which
>Bush actually brought up then
>was beaten like a rented
>mule by the democrats.

I can agree with most of that.

Nemont

The republicans remind me of the dog that chased cars.....and eventually caught one. The first quarter has been politically brutal as the reality of being in control batters them. The whole of the GOP got caught up chasing the car...i.e. building up unattainable and unrealistic expectations within the base of the party by bragging about what they would do with that 'ol car when they caught it. Now the GOP stands around sucking their thumbs and looking at the sky, unable to go forward because they never really had a plan. Their plan has been to play on the fears and biases of their base to get a majority in the house and Senate...and put their candidate in the Oval Office....instead of rolling up their sleeves, doing the hard work to bring the party together and crafting a sensible way forward. Oops! They should have had a plan. The house voted to rescind Obamacare for the first time since the GOP took control of the Senate....but this time the legislation included a provision to replace Obamacare with something else (they legislation didn't define what). The problem was they don't know what they would do to improve on Obamacare as they have wasted their years using it to stir up the voters....rather than working to improve it or crafting a legitimate replacement. Oops again! Their are good politicians on both sides who have been trying to work out deals on taxes and social reforms. Unfortunately, these two phrases, "taxes" and "social reforms", mean two totally different things to the far right and the far left so no middle ground has been attainable. We need both. Higher taxes and a roll back of social programs but I doubt that I will see that in my lifetime. Politics are just to darned ideological today.

DW, how much is enough? The answer forever will be just a little more.

I want to thank all the millenials out there for my new Shimano Steelhead rod I bought today. I'll think of you in the morning while I break it in.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Clearwater you need to come around here more often. I agree with you so you're in good company.

Stay thirsty my friends

Clearwater, here is where you and 440 miss the boat. Example:

You have a mom (Democrat), a dad (Republican) and a kid (the people).

Dad goes away for a time and mom wants the kid to like her over the dad so she feeds the kid ice cream and candy every day. The kid is very happy.

Dad comes home and says this is not good. We got to cut back on all that ice cream and candy. We're going to start eating better. Mom and the kid say that's no plan. Where's your plan? If your plan doesn't include unlimited ice cream and candy, you have no plan. Vegetables and meat is not a plan, it's stupid.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-15 AT 08:52AM (MST)[p]Sounds like the kids have voted for what they like. Mom then told dad that if he cuts off ice cream then he gets cut off the too. In end everyone will get what they want because dad can't stand listen to the kids whine and not getting it from mom.

Nemont

Cute story eel, but it's not based on reality, only rumor.
Mom wants her kids to have the opportunity to make their lives fulfilling and to be happy.(all moms do).
Dad on the other hand is a bitter drunk, he wants his kids to suffer like he thinks he did. (In reality he made bad choices). He hates the environment, he hates anyone who has different values that he does, so he drinks, gets old and becomes incredibly greedy.
Time will only tell what the kids will do, half usually follow the mother, half the father.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-15 AT 05:32PM (MST)[p]I can't help but wonder where Nemont gets the idea that 1960 is a magic age, I have to wait until 66 1/2 before I get full benefits?

Are you thinking about something else?

I feel bad for the younger generations, but not for the reasons you do, not strictly economically anyway.
I think there are other important issues they are going to be dealing with.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom