GPS Mapping Question

NMELKOHOLIC

Had no hits on the General discussion but maybe someone here has a little information on the subject.

I am needed a little help with some Mapping Software. I currently own a Garmin 530 Hcx and have the Map source Topo software to go with it.

I am needing some help from individuals that have purchased Brands like Delorme, National Geographic or any other mapping software beside Map source that may shows Private Property, State and Blm Lands on your Topo Software for your GPS.
I found myself on my Antelope scouting trip over the weekend struggling between My Garmin Gps and my Cousins Hard Copy Topo Maps that do show those property boundaries on exactly where we where at.
Here in New Mexico we have a Large checker board system with County Roads going thru Private Property, State and BLM Lands due to easements rights. It would sure be nice to know exactly where you are at by looking at your GPS if those property boundary's where included in the Topo software.
This would give me that piece of mind when we are hunting with out spending countless minutes every couple of miles to see if you can hunt that or not when you are driving or hiking.

P.S.
Yes I know that if it is not posted every 50 feet from the any County Road you can hunt property, But also reading some of the forums here on Monster Muleys, You should always know exactly where your are at at all times and should have no excuses if you are ever caught hunting on private property which I Tend to agree, Look what happened the the Director of the Game and Fish from New Mexico this Last Hunting seasons.

Any Info would be help full.

Get the Delorme TOPO 7 program ....you cant go wrong with it...Example- I've got a trip to NM unit 51 in Sept, I just downloaded the unit boundries for each unit in NM plus 7.5 min quads and airial photos for the entire unit thru the netlink tab onto my PC, I then transferred the images on to my Delrome PN-20 GPS for viewing...I can then layer them together or pull them up 1 at a time on my PN-20.
TOPO 7 will work with Garmin and Magellan but may not be viewed as well as with the PN-20

Here's a link to the TOPO 7
http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item=27525?ion=10050

Here's a link to one of the maps I created with TOPO 7 and loaded on my GPS for the unit I'm hunting
http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=hhpn1741

PM me if you have specific questions about it and I'll get back to you

Good Luck
Vance

Hello VP

Thanks for the response, I called Delorme yesterday which they said that the PN-20 is the only device for a Gps that is out into today world to be able to do what i am asking. With a little bit of your time on putting those boundary's in it can be done like you are doing with your PN-20.
He did suggest that if I needed to really have one i can purchase the software and do what your are doing for the exception is I have to carry my laptop in the field and use lap-link with my gps to overlay the two programs.

I just wish with today technology and hunting like it has turned out we would have something already out. Those days of just hunting are over.

Again Vp thanks for your time and good luck hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom