Grand Canyon Watershed National Monument

sagebrush

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-15 AT 00:18AM (MST)[p]I guess its time to write your congressmen on this topic. Ann Kirkpatrick D-AZ is holding a "stakeholders" meeting to get all the liberals and wolf hippies to provide input for the designation so she can take a fat file to Obama to encourage him to create the GCWNM by executive order. If we can get a landslide of communication against the designation, we may be able to sway the tide.

I won't debate the pro's and con's of a wilderness designation for the AZ Strip and the Kaibab Plateau. My only comment is this proposal is being pushed by the Center for Biological Diversity, opposed by the AZGFD and RMEF, and if you are on the side of the CBD then you are against wildlife and hunting. The CBD makes no bones about their agenda to get wolves introduced to the plentiful food supply of mule deer on the Kaibab Plateau.

The following is the text of my e-mail to Ann Kirkpatrick via her administrative assistant that is handling the meeting, Molly Brown. [email protected]. Feel free to copy if you choose.

I am writing to voice my opposition to the designation of these lands as a national monument. For decades, these lands have been successfully managed by the Arizona Game & Fish Department, the US Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management in a cooperative effort for the best use by local ranchers and outdoor enthusiasts. A national monument designation would be a waste of taxpayer dollars with no appreciable benefit to the public. Control of the land use in the area needs to remain locally managed to best serve the people that live in the area and the State of Arizona while allowing access to visitors from all areas.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom