Guess the score?

JakeH

Long Time Member
Here is a young buck with potental I got some pics of the other day, what do you all think he will score and would you shoot him if you came across him this year?
1636img20150719105923.jpg

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Score around 160"
For me, I wouldn't shoot it.
Unless it's the last day and I have my ten year old son with me to share the moment with.
Then, maybe I'll take it.

There's always next year

Jake you seem to have the ability for finding pretty deer, the mount you just got back and now this one both beautiful bucks. I would agree this is a 160 ish buck, I would try to hold off as this is a young deer and will really be a nice buck next year if he doesn't get shot. Good luck either way if you decide to shoot him or pass.

....that buck only lacks inside width.....he would be passed up by lots of width hunters for something that will score much less.

i put him in the low 170's, maybe 172". He's of the kind that could be a Monster this year and would be well worth looking for!

I'd be excited as hell to see what he's put on this year! Nice.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

168-172, in my 2nd choice unit this year, yep I'd shoot him.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I took this picture about a week ago on a limited entry unit. While he is not one I would be after if I had the tag, he is a stud and I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on him on a general season unit. I also think he just breaks the 170 mark. And I think he is only about a 3 year old deer. My buddy killed one last year in this same area that went 185 and was aged at 3.5 years old by the DWR.

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom