Gun Value?

kawboy

Very Active Member
I have been looking around trying to find out how much my Handgun is worth.

It is a S&W model 29 classic, .44 mag. Blue barrel with black grips.

The gun is in good shape and shoots well. I have been thinking about possibly trading it out for a gun I would use more often. I want a Coyote killing gun, or a shotgun.
Or would this gun be worth hanging on too?

Thanks

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I don't think its a 5 screw, but here is a lousy cell phone pic of it.

4481gun.jpg

That looks like a fairly recent manufacture S+W. Decent guns, but not a collector piece. Either shoot it and love it, or move it for what you want.
Bill

I did a little digging around and came up with a price that it should sell, $550-$600. There are quite a few out there requesting 7-$800. but they are not moving.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Thank you for the info.

Anyone interested in a trade?

You have a 4 screw. My blue Book of Gun Values has it listed at $695 for 100% condition and $550 for 90% condition. I have an updated subscription online but I don't have the putor with me. They may have gone up slightly from what my book says. I'll check tomorrow evening.

-John Wayne

Thanks Elknuts, I would put this gun in the 90% range. It has the usual wear and tear, definitely not NIB quality but in great shape.

I deal with estimating gun values a lot. Most people feel that there gun is in much better condition and worth more than the book value. I would put most guns in the 75% to 80% condition as far as value. Are there any scratches in the bluing? Any scuff marks on the grips? Keeping a gun in the 80% value is fairly easy but trying to keep a gun in the 90%+ value range takes a lot of care and hard work. As a caveat, the estimates on firearm conditions are subjective at best. I am not saying that you haven't kept your firearm in perfect condition, I am just saying it's hard. According to my estimates: a first generation (29-1) would be worth about $1700.00 in 80% condition; a 29-2 would be worth about $425.00 in 80% condition; and a 29-3 or higher would be worth $365.00 in 80% condition. A great place to start would be to figure out what you paid and look at about 80% of that value. The same calculations for 90% put the gun at 29-1 $2200.00, 29-2 $500.00 and 29-3 or higher at $400.00. There is also a $40.00 reduction in value if you don't have the case. Hope that helps...

Kaw,
When in doubt you can hop onto gunbroker website and see what they've been SELLING for.
If you want help I'll be glad to do it for you.
Zeke

maybe check out gunbroker.com and see what other people are asking for there gun.

i would not sell. i am the type of person that will bever sell my guns. even if i come up hard on cash or dont use them. i figure i would rather pass them on to my kids.

I looked at the newest pricing. You are still in the $500 to $600 range depending on the grading.

-John Wayne

There Ain't a Gun nowhere worth Squat if it ain't got a few Notches/Gouges on it!

Problem is:

My Notches need to catch up to my Gouges!:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom