Has the fire ruined the Gila for this year?

wapitiwhistler

I finally drew a 21A archery tag for Elk and have been reading articles about the Gila is burning. The few websites I have been trying to follow are reporting closures all over the unit. I am pretty bumbed but am trying to stay positive. Are there any locals that can verify the damage of the unit?

The fire did not get anywhere near 21A. Only so far has affected 22, 16B and 16A. Still unclear as to what will remain closed come fall due to flash flood potential and snags falling, etc.
jeff

I just talked to NM Game and Fish and the guy told me he thought some of the restrictions will be lifted by the time the hunts roll around. That of course is provided the fires don't blow back up or any new ones get started. With a 16A archery tag in hand, I'm sure hoping that I have an opportunity to enjoy a great hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom