Hatfields vs McCoys

fireball77

Long Time Member
Nothing can break up a family faster than a few sets of china,a jazz blanket, and some jewelry etc etc ....Grandma has only been gone a week and the family fell apart already.
Wars over material items coming before the love of
Your brother or sister ?
Any of you ever gone through this ????

It can turn into a real mess!! FAST!!

What is sad is that 1 or 2 sibblings will fight for ever and then sell the items so the whole family is screwed....

Hang in there __77

Robb

I Want Nothing from Nobody!

Hang in there Lil Red!

They can't take your Memories!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Oh and one more thing Lil Red!

When RELH see's this you are a Hatfield,Right?:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Watched my moms siblings go through it. Two oldest boys never talked in life again. Sad deal.

Yelum

I can kind of understand. If there was a Jazz blanket in my grandma's house, there would be a big fight over who has to take it.

Eel

Seriously,that's just crazy. I see it a lot though.

Yes, been there to see it. It gets very very ugly! If the deceased was still around they would be appalled!

>I Want Nothing from Nobody!
>

Bess, I finally agree with something you said on here :) I have seen this happen way to many times. I can't believe the changes people make after a loved one passes on. I couldn't have said it better, I want nothing from nobody.

My aunts and uncles are up in arms with each other and my grandmother is still alive!

Had a great aunt living with us who passed away. We went to her house to help clean it after she passed and found HUNDREDS of sticky notes all over her belongings. It was the morning after she died. That meant the aunt who started claiming all her "stuff" did so before my great aunt passed.

It's a joke but like I told my grandmother, my memories of you will be good enough for me. I font want your stuff.

>Oh and one more thing Lil
>Red!
>
>When RELH see's this you are
>a Hatfield,Right?:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>Cold Hands I Shall go
>down Fighting for American Pride
>& Rights!
>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>Throw Their Hands in the
>air & I know I
>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>by Myself when they Turn
>on us but I'll make
>
>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>Situation where I Hope to
>Hell All Americans become True
>Americans once again & Stand
>up for their Rights!

Of course 100% Hatfield (thanks o the heads up Bessy)

>I can kind of understand. If
>there was a Jazz blanket
>in my grandma's house, there
>would be a big fight
>over who has to take
>it.
>
>Eel
>
>Seriously,that's just crazy. I see it
>a lot though.

Well one Aunt chucked it at the others head an no I'm the go between for them to talk !!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-14 AT 09:44AM (MST)[p]>>I can kind of understand. If
>>there was a Jazz blanket
>>in my grandma's house, there
>>would be a big fight
>>over who has to take
>>it.
>>
>>Eel
>>
>>Seriously,that's just crazy. I see it
>>a lot though.
>
>
>Well one Aunt chucked it at
>the others head an no
>I'm the go between for
>them to talk !!!!

I agree the memories are alive in me, not some statue or ring.

First, my condolences to you and your family. Losing a loved one, especially a grandparent, is always tough.
Unfortunately I have seen this kind of things multiple times. It can absolutely tear a family apart. I watched it occur to my cousins over a decade ago and some of them still do not speak to each other. I believe these kind of situations give a person great opportunity. You can learn a lot about a person's character when they are placed under stress. Take note of that and it can serve you well in the future.
On a side note, I watched my wife's great grandmother solve this problem before it ever came up. She knew her health was failing and she went around her house and put sticky notes on everything with the name of the individual of who she wanted it to go to. She walked around the house and showed each person what they were going to get. No bitching, no fighting, it was all decided beforehand by the person who had the right to make the decision. Obviously, the individual has to have the time, ability and desire to go through that process for it to work but when she passed there was not one squabble. It worked.

>First, my condolences to you and
>your family. Losing a loved
>one, especially a grandparent, is
>always tough.
>Unfortunately I have seen this kind
>of things multiple times. It
>can absolutely tear a family
>apart. I watched it occur
>to my cousins over a
>decade ago and some of
>them still do not speak
>to each other. I believe
>these kind of situations give
>a person great opportunity. You
>can learn a lot about
>a person's character when they
>are placed under stress. Take
>note of that and it
>can serve you well in
>the future.
>On a side note, I watched
>my wife's great grandmother solve
>this problem before it ever
>came up. She knew her
>health was failing and she
>went around her house and
>put sticky notes on everything
>with the name of the
>individual of who she wanted
>it to go to. She
>walked around the house and
>showed each person what they
>were going to get. No
>bitching, no fighting, it was
>all decided beforehand by the
>person who had the right
>to make the decision. Obviously,
>the individual has to have
>the time, ability and desire
>to go through that process
>for it to work but
>when she passed there was
>not one squabble. It worked.
>

Thank you ....I have witnessed a lot of stuff this week that would make my Grandparents roll over in their graves . Sad that a once tight group of people let material things rip apart the legacy and values their Parents and grandparents taught them!!!

My sister and I have no problem, when my Uncle passed and left us everything we just got together and told each other what we wanted and went from there. No problems No fights.
It is terrible when brothers and sisters do this to each other and the rest of the family gets screwed.
Hang in there it will be over all too quick. Then you only have the memories, try to make them good ones at least in your book. You are the only one who can control what happens to you.
Good luck and sorry for your loss

>
>Thank you ....her prized possessions were
>here children who all hate
>each other over material items
>!!!

That's a sad deal.
Our mom passed 3 years ago and things went pretty smoothly (my dad has been gone since 1989). We were lucky I guess. It can turn ugly in a heartbeat and we all hear about it all the time.

My mom had re-married and when that old curmudgeon finally died we found there was no half-brotherly love. My mom was damn near perfect except for marrying that old toad after my dad died!

Best to ya Red!
Zeke

>>I Want Nothing from Nobody!
>>
>
>
>Bess, I finally agree with something
>you said on here :)
>I have seen this happen
>way to many times. I
>can't believe the changes people
>make after a loved one
>passes on. I couldn't have
>said it better, I want
>nothing from nobody.

See Browtine!

We Ain't all that Different!

We See Eye to Eye once a Lifetime!:D

(((RAZZIN Ya!)))

Any Tags Pulled by the Verde Crew?

Red....It happens in almost all families when a loved one passes away, and it really brings out the hate and bad feelings amongst family members. When my Mom passed away 9 years ago, I got ONE ITEM and it was a chair my wife and I bought and gave to her. I DID get back the jewelery I had bought for her many years ago and will go to my daughter and granddaughter.

Things that meant a lot to me I have no idea WHO has it as I found out later they were gone. Death in a family is hard, but much harder than the death is the "fights over WHO GETS WHAT.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Red I could tell you tales of family fights after the death of a family member that would curl your hair, but I won't do it.
Take a good look at the family members that put material wealth over family love & loyality and remember to keep them at "arms distance" in the future. This is to prevent being screwed by them down the line as they have proven family does not mean anything to them.

I am sorry to hear that this has happen after your Grandmother's death. Just be glad she never saw it for the heartache it would have caused her.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-14 AT 06:56PM (MST)[p]Thanks everyone My GRANDMA WOUL BE SO DISAPPOINTED IN THE WHOLE BUNCH OF US....I wasninda hoping she left her entire estate to the poodle 45 rescued 7by

Sorry for your loss Red. Here's ya one for the books. When my brother passed away, I was informed by the Sheriff in, I think it was Eureka county California, of his passing. I was also informed that I needed to contact the coroner in Auburn. After a half day and all night drive, I got to the coroner's. Made arrangements for cremation (this was his wish, we had talked about it 2 years prior) Paid $1800.00 and went to settle his other affairs. Went to his home and gathered up his 2 dogs and found a shelter that adopts to new families. By now it was the end of the day and went into town and found a Motel. The next morning I slept in and then had breakfast. By the time I got back to his home there were moving trucks there, along with his Ex wife. She said she never had, had the "papers filed" so everything was hers and she was moving it into storage until she could decide what to do with it. She DID NOT want "those barking %&&$$* dogs, thanks for paying for your brothers "funeral $hit" See ya. BTW she wanted the Divorce 2 years earlier when he was diagnosed with cancer. I got in my car and drove away.... I did let the bank know that he had passed away and the new Avion 5th wheeler he had just financed here in utah was up for sale in California.

Sorry for the loss of your grandmother Red.
I'm a Hatfield descendant and 1911 is a McCoy descendant. I always get the urge to pour kerosine on him...

2311idiot.jpg

A few years ago!

Had a Relative that thought He'd get an item or two back that He'd gave his Dad when his Dad Passed on!

Greedy F'N Relatives wouldn't Budge!

These were Hunting Items & Hand Built!

A few years later a Distant Relative of His calls & says:I think your Gun Cabinet is for sale on KSL!

Sure as Shhitt!

Greedy Bastards wouldn't budge,but was trying to sell it on KSL!

He had to Buy it in a Round-about way but He got it back!

The Gun Cabinet meant absolutely nothing to them but a little Greenback!

Red, so sorry you're going thru this. It's sad what these thing can bring out. I was fortunate when my parents passed. All my siblings were very gracious and we just worked it all out. Guess I was lucky.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

>
>Sorry for the loss of your
>grandmother Red.
>I'm a Hatfield descendant and 1911
>is a McCoy descendant. I
>always get the urge to
> pour kerosine on him...
>
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

hYou two are like my in laws.... its a love hate relationship:)

Besssy that isn't right, some people have a lot of nerve, I am being harassed by one of my uncles cause he is trying to save face over blowing up at my Aunt, hi wife's sister.....he shouldn't even be there or have a say IMO
Nvb it would have been nice if they acted like fhnpeople my Grandparents raised !!!

Here is kind of the exact opposite of what you're going through Red. My dad died in 2008 (Christmas eve). Mom told us kids (5 of us) to divide up all of dad's guns and his other worldly possessions. I ask for, and was freely given all of dad's WWII memorabilia. My two brothers took a few tools and the guns are still in his safe at mom's. We each want the other kids to have them, so they're still there. Mom's not too happy:)

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom