HB2072 might not be dead yet! Must Read ASAP!

Heard yesterday that something was in the works for soon and got a call that this meeting with the azsfw lobbyist and Governor Brewer is happening today...

respectful emails please... [email protected]

AZSFW does not represent the majority of the hunting community, some organizations have severed association because of HB2072, please do not allow our voice to once again be silenced by a special interest group... this is still America I hope.

Kent

You have got to be kidding me! No wonder things have been kept quiet as the SFW probably had more than one plan to get this sham of a bill passed. Even if they are successful in getting the Governor to get it back into Committee, won't it still have to go thorugh all the legislative channels and receive an affirmative vote in the Senate and House before she could sign it into law?

I wrote the Governor last time and wrote both of these contacts this morning. If it gets to committee again we better organize a march on the capitol and get a few thousand hunters to show up. Target any legislator sponsoring including Brewer for recall or at least to get them voted out.

Hit both Gov. Brewer and Scott Smith. In my comments, I let them know we would make public any closed door deals. Hopefully we will get enough comments in to sway their thinking.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 12:52PM (MST)[p]I'm not really all that surprised this has came up again but I'm a bit shocked how quickly it has resurfaced. I figured maybe in a year or two they'd try to slip it passed us again but having HB2072 come up again this soon is down right asinine.

I still don't know if this is completely true or not but either way it would be a good idea to let Gov. Brewer and Scott Smith know how we feel about this and to stay on top of it just in case.

Hamberlin has too much money invested right now and to wait would mean a loss on investment. I'm workin on it.

Sent my emails. Somehow this needs to be killed for good...... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]Ok I hate to ask this of you but if you are opposed to HB 2072 I would like an E-mail. Just saying you oppose it, or you can add why you oppose it.
I will let you know why very soon. I am above board and if you need to you can ask Bura Nut, im sure he would vouch for me. I have something i am working on but do not want to put it out on the forums right now. Please help as weo need to put HB2072 in the ground and send a message once and for all that the wildlife of Arizona belongs to her people, and the AZSFW does not represent us. Oh by the way my email address it is [email protected]
JD

Email sent to the governor, Scott Smith, and Bugler...

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 03:33PM (MST)[p]Thanks chef. We need our voices heard. I'm working on getting Them heard. It not yet naming the person at least not publicly and not at the moment . I need some help of the Information type if anyone wants to help
I'm not doing this to back door or sneak anything. I'm just trying to kill hb2072. It's good to send the gov your emails. I'm working on getting heard live and in person for us all spread the word .

Guys I support you 110% but I'm done fighting in the trenches. You had better be prepared to hear what I'm going to tell you. Remember there's two or more sides to every issue. You probably already know this but here goes:

1) there was enough support in the legislature to pass this bill the first time, on the first ballot so the support may still be there. In fact, one of the guys that got drug through the mud repeatedly actually helped get the bill tabled.

2) In my dealing with people talking about this I've found that the majority seem to think it's a good idea in some form. Why? Because they can't get drawn to hunt and if they can invest another $10.00 -$20,00 for a few more chances to draw a tag they think it's worth it to draw a tag (raffle tags appeal to them). Going hunting is all that matters to most guys, so don't lose sight of that fact. Remember the AZ Game and Fish Survey clearly supports that viewpoint.

If Gov Brewer is wise on this she'll sit back and do some research on the matter to weigh which way the people of Az want her to go on this. Looking at what happened to Jerry Weiers may be a good indicator of which way the wind is blowing, but this has become a political issue and she will probably act in a manner that benefits the state and the electorate she serves.

We're still in a democracy here and if the majority wants a convention and tags or just raffle tags, there's a good possibilty that's the way this may fly. I don't know if they (AZSFW) did any polling on this but they may know something you don't (about support). I would highly suggest getting your ducks in a row and actually be able to support your viewpoint with documentation like you're doing. Remember politics is the art of compromise and very few bills pass as written so there may be flexability there if you can't get it killed to reduce numbers in some manner.

Now I realize posting this isn't going to enhance my popularity but you need a little ammunition and hopefully this may get some guys typing and garnering support for the cause.

Good luck guys!!

As a NR this is what I sent to all three contcacts above, hope it helps.

To whom it may concern,

As a non-resident sportsman, I wish to let you to know that I thoroughly oppose the current proposed legislation in Arizona known as HB2072. If the state of Arizona proceeds with this legislation, sadly I will no longer spend any of my sportsman dollars in your great state. In addition, I will encourage all fellow sportsmen whom I associate with to spend their hard earned dollars elsewhere as well.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 05:00PM (MST)[p]Thanks boskee I appreciate your insight and comments. I have already started getting the ducks lined out . This time it's too much and I'm not sitting by and not trying to do something. If someone wants to buy raffle tickets heck there is the great American deer raffle.
I love to hunt for many reasons. But the tag grab amongst other issues is wrong. I'm siding with our G&F they opposed it for a reason.
By the way if any of you are on other websites have those folks email me.
JD

In regards to your number (1), there is a little flaw in that. And that is yes, there was enough support in the legislature BECAUSE none of us knew about it. They only heard ONE side and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

But this time its different. We have awoken! We are giving them a rebuttal. Thoughts and ideas that were probably not discussed the first time. They are now hearing OUR side. Or as you put it..."Remember there's two or more sides to every issue"

AZSFW is now on defense. We, the sportsmen and women of Arizona, are now on offense! Roles are reversed!

You can't fault us for trying! I'd rather try and fail than not try at all. Wish you'd join us in the trenches! We can use every man, woman and child! :)

One thing is certain now:

AZSFW has supplanted USO as Public Enemy number #1 here in Arizona!!! :)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 05:58PM (MST)[p]Can you please tell us how we know that the bill had enough support to pass the first time? I ask respectfully out of ignorance. I know many bills that are introduced die in committee and many more do not pass votes of the full bodies of the House or the Senate. My understanding is that this one was pulled before any votes.

Thanks for any insights.

Bruce
Flagstaff

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 06:38PM (MST)[p]+1. Folks lets burn up the emails to not only the gov and mr smith, but yo your local reps as well. This is what I'm doing. It really needs to come from every part of the state in order to show we are together on this and not just a few guys that are mad . Let's work together !
JD

Does anyone here live up north? Show low heber area? This is where I am forest lakes but can and will meet anywhere up on the mountain.

j.d I sent you a p.m. with my cell if you need it. I. emailed the gov, Scott smit
h. and called the governors office. I will help with anything I can.....so will. chef.....hector.............allen. Taylor.....

Ok Allen I have it and will call you tomorrow when I have some more info. I'm not lettin go of this one. Thank you to all for stepping up. Let's light this thing!
JD

The axiom that "the love of money is the root of all evil" comes easily to my mind as I have read of this new attack on our big game tags. I sent the following to the Govenor et al.

Dear Govenor Brewer,
I want to write and express my opposition to any legislation that takes Arizona Big Game hunting tags and gives them to private organizations. Several months ago when AZSFW unsuccessfully tried to slip HB2072 in through the back door of the AZ legislation as an emergency bill, Arizona sportsmen and women, the Arizona Game and Fish Commision, and most wildlife organizations stood up in opposition to the bill and the underhanded tactics being used to gain passage. For the same group to attempt this again shows disdain for the citizens of our state and its successfull approach to managing our unique natural resources and cherished western culture. I urge you to listen to the voices of your constituents and oppose all future attempts to pass legislation of this type.
Respectfully,

I am going to supply a link to an overview of this bill. http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocument.as ... ion_ID=107

Now I am going to show a portion of that bill that is very concerning.

DISTRIBUTION OF PROCEEDS BY QUALIFIED ORGANIZATION
? Applies the proceeds from the resale of tags to cover all costs associated with the annual Arizona sportsmen exposition and county chapter banquets.

? Directs remaining monies to programs and costs of administration to achieve these purposes:
 Youth sportsmen education and outdoor programs.
 Access for sportsmen to cross private lands onto public lands.
 Sustain, enhance and increase habitat and big game species.
 Facilitate education and communication programs relative to sportmen and wildlife.
 Protect sportsmen's heritage and conduct activities to promote the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation.

Read the first line!!! It is my feeling that this opens the door for a lot of people to get paid!

I don't think there will be any funds left for the AZGFD after the sale of these tags!

Mark

I will be meeting face to face tomorrow with a senate member. I am going to try and get a town hall meeting as well. I have contacted the editor for the newspaper and am awaiting the call from a reporter.
Get your groups together and dug up as much info as you can on those involved imvthe tag grab. I don't think you will be surprised to uncover the real reasons behind all of it.
Remember follow the money see where you end up.
JD

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom